Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

3 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

Could someone please provide a patch that swaps Doom 4 Vanilla's lava and acid? Also water and blood.

I enjoy how it's done in this mod but it doesn't always fit. For example on maps with a lot of lava or a lot of those liquids.

I agree with this, I guess the change was made because there aren't really any liquidy damaging floor textures in Doom 2016, but there is something very unfitting about seeing lava where you might expect to see a different texture, I think it's something that should be addressed.

1 hour ago, Codename_Delta said:

Would something like hell revealed be for you? 

EDIT : error

1 hour ago, Codename_Delta said:

Would something like hell revealed be for you? 

I've played the first one and thought it was pretty good, yeah. So something like that - but I've played that one.

Grateful for any suggestions! :)

6 hours ago, EvilNed said:

Hey this looks great.
Anyone care to recommend me a Megawad to play this with?

Thank you! You can find a list of recommended wads on the first page.
I consider Scythe a good entry-level wad because of the smooth difficulty curve (it only gets slaughtery at the very end).

8 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

Could someone please provide a patch that swaps Doom 4 Vanilla's lava and acid? Also water and blood.

That's something I considered for a long time, but it was not possible since I had multiple versions of the mod to keep in check. The fact I was updating them on a constant pace also didn't helped. I can enter on details later explaining the whole process behind it, but basically I would have to make a separate version for it.

4 hours ago, GoatLord said:

I agree with this, I guess the change was made because there aren't really any liquidy damaging floor textures in Doom 2016, but there is something very unfitting about seeing lava where you might expect to see a different texture, I think it's something that should be addressed.

@Gez explained the reason behind the flat swap on the last page. It was a conscious (and aesthetical) choice.
I want to remove the liquid swap on D4V-lite (a version of the mod I didn't updated for a long time), but there's some things I would have to change on my workflow first in order to make it happen.

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I’m not at my computer, but it should be as simple as opening D4V in slade3, finding the flats in question (named Blood, Nukage, Slime and Fwater) and renaming the accordingly to match as the maps originally intended.

Kinda. There's also variants of each flat to match the names you find on other wads, a multitude of FALL variants and the zdoom portion of the mod (splashes and glow effects).

Edited by Noiser

49 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Thank you! You can find a list of recommended wads on the first page.
I consider Scythe a good entry-level wad because of the smooth difficulty curve (it only gets slaughtery at the very end).

Thanks! I'll start with TNT Revilution, simply because I enjoy the original TNT a lot and haven't played this one.

I am more interested in a Boom Eternal mod than an Eternal for Vanilla mod btw. 

Is there a way to turn on crosshairs in Doom 4 Vanilla?

Maybe you can't?

Edited by TheGreenZap

Are there known issues with the .deh additional weapons and Chocolate Doom 3.0.1/Crispy Doom 5.10.0? I load them and the Mark V won't fire it just shakes back and forth and the Vortex Rifle infinitely shoots on both source ports.

Edit: I managed to fix it in the command line, but how exactly do you launch it correctly using ZDL?

Edited by PhoxFyre007

I love this mod, it’s up there in my top 10 for Doom mods. I just have a tiny question: is there a way to disable the MIDI renditions of DOOM ‘16 ost that comes w/ this mod and instead listen to the PWAD’s own midi? I’ve been mainly using Crispy for this mod if you wish to know, and I’ll give props to you @Noiser for all the work put into this, is just I’m getting tired of listening to the same tracks is all.

2 hours ago, doomer323323 said:

mcafe says its a virus

I mean it isn't so, you should be fine

17 hours ago, Meister Master said:

I'm having a hard time finding exactly where i download this. I'm new to pc gaming, I have no idea what I am doing

Get regular Doom 4 Vanilla mod from this post https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2119868

The latest Prboom+ sourceport https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2281293

The easiest way to load custom levels is with the launcher ZDL https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL

In ZDL you set 3 things: [level packs and mods], [sourceport] and [doom2.wad file]. It saves the settings and you're ready to play what you want.

-----------------------

So I tried to load the BTSX version but I don't see any new weapons. What's the difference?

Edited by <<Rewind

I downloaded the mod. It's interesting and I appreciate the work that's gone into it but I would have really liked to see the DOOM 2016 maps recreated and included as well for the full experience. Maybe a mapper will take on such a project some day...

I'm getting the following errors when loading with GZDoom though despite having only tested with the DOOM 2 IWAD and everything appearing to work fine in the first few levels.

Script error, "D4V.WAD:DECORATE" line 2306:
Replaced type 'Motherdemon' not found for DH_Cyberdemon
Script error, "D4V.WAD:DECORATE" line 2401:
Replaced type 'NightmareImp' not found for DH_DoomImp
Script error, "D4V.WAD:DECORATE" line 2436:
Replaced type 'D64D2Cyberdemon' not found for DH_Cyberdemon2
Script error, "D4V.WAD:DECORATE" line 2744:
Replaced type 'NashGoreBloodSpurt' not found for NashGoreBloodSpurtNull
Script warning, "D4V.WAD:DECORATE" line 2942:
Unknown class name 'SF_NORANDOM' of type 'Actor'
Script warning, "D4V.WAD:DECORATE" line 2943:
Unknown class name 'SF_NORANDOM' of type 'Actor'
script parsing took 243.65 ms
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDA4A6'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDD4D6'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDF4F6'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDF3F7'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDF2F8'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDE4E6'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDE3E7'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDD3D7'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDC5F5'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDC4C6'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDC3C7'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDB4B6'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDB3B7'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDA5D5'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDB5E5'
Brightmap 'SPIDU3X' not found in texture 'SPIDA3A7'

Any idea how to fix this?

13 hours ago, Malice said:

Any idea how to fix this?

Don't worry about it. These are just brightmap leftovers or things that are necessary to ensure compatibility with specific wads (like D64D2).

On 3/23/2021 at 1:38 AM, Meister Master said:

I'm having a hard time finding exactly where i download this. I'm new to pc gaming, I have no idea what I am doing

The easiest way is simply run the bat files, or use a launcher the way how Rewind suggested. Drag and drop is not recommended as you may load the files on the wrong order. You can find some detailed instructions on the zip file.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, VoanHead said:

I love this mod, it’s up there in my top 10 for Doom mods. I just have a tiny question: is there a way to disable the MIDI renditions of DOOM ‘16 ost that comes w/ this mod and instead listen to the PWAD’s own midi? 

Thanks a lot! I still need to update D4V-lite, but for now you can delete the midis on Slade.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, doomer323323 said:

mcafe says its a virus

Don't worry, it's safe. D4V bundles with chocolate and crispy doom, which may cause false positives on some (shitty) anti-viruses.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:25 AM, <<Rewind said:

So I tried to load the BTSX version but I don't see any new weapons. What's the difference?

The BTSX version have converted textures, brightmaps, specific fixes as well as a different code that merges the dehacked stuff from BTSX2 (necessary to not softlock the game). In short, there's no extra features but a whole lot to make them work together.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, PhoxFyre007 said:

Edit: I managed to fix it in the command line, but how exactly do you launch it correctly using ZDL?

Sorry for the late reply. I personally don't use ZDL, but you need to put the -nodeh parameter there or the weapons will not work as inteded.

Edited by Noiser

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

Don't worry about it. These are just brightmap leftovers or things that are necessary to ensure compatibility with specific wads (like D64D2).

Okay, thanks for the quick reply.

I've been messing around with this some more and have to ask if you considered releasing a version of this with the weapon spites centered on screen? The right side spites screw up my aim...

There also seems to be a compatibility issue when removing all the ST images from the WAD to get back the vanilla HUD and trying to run with the following widescreen HUD mod:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&amp;t=37960

GZDoom.jpg

Any way to remove the blue hue from the side images?

Sorry but these mods are not mine. NightFright made his hud compatible with D4V so if you have any problem you should talk with him. Mashing other non-related mods is not recommended as it may cause some of these issues.

Edited by Noiser

Is D4V-lite updated still?

Edited by PhoxFyre007 : Redundant as D4V-Lite was mentioned in an earlier post that it needs to be updated. Ignore.

I am late to this party, so I apologize in advance if I say something uninformed, but regarding the MAP07 bug with the Arachnotron and the Mancubus, have you considered replacing them in DECORATE using the "actor x replaces y" line and writing "A_BossDeath" next to each actor's death frame?

22 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I am late to this party, so I apologize in advance if I say something uninformed, but regarding the MAP07 bug with the Arachnotron and the Mancubus, have you considered replacing them in DECORATE using the "actor x replaces y" line and writing "A_BossDeath" next to each actor's death frame?

This bug is intended for support with all source ports even to the original engine, so the MAP07 bug would exist still as this is Doom 4 Vanilla and as such it will not utilize DECORATE as DECORATE is only utilized in advanced source ports and will break compatibility with older source ports and the original executable engine. 

11 hours ago, PhoxFyre007 said:

This bug is intended for support with all source ports even to the original engine, so the MAP07 bug would exist still as this is Doom 4 Vanilla and as such it will not utilize DECORATE as DECORATE is only utilized in advanced source ports and will break compatibility with older source ports and the original executable engine. 

Ah, crap.

But still, that seems like a partial solution, right? I have been trying this mod lately and I must say, I am not a big fan of the replacement maps; maybe it is because I am playing them on pistol start, but they all feel next to impossible - or in E2M8's case, impossible to 100% complete.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:19 AM, Malice said:

Okay, thanks for the quick reply.

I've been messing around with this some more and have to ask if you considered releasing a version of this with the weapon spites centered on screen? The right side spites screw up my aim...

There also seems to be a compatibility issue when removing all the ST images from the WAD to get back the vanilla HUD and trying to run with the following widescreen HUD mod:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&amp;t=37960

GZDoom.jpg

Any way to remove the blue hue from the side images?

@NightFright

1 hour ago, rytgames said:

how do u remove the D4V music, I'm trying to play a wad and the D4V music doesn't fit it.

You can open up D4V.wad in Slade and delete all the "Music (MIDI)" files.

22 hours ago, Trilby Trillion said:

You can open up D4V.wad in Slade and delete all the "Music (MIDI)" files.

thx man

Is there a way to have this mod in Weapons-only form, without any other modifications? Preferably still with ability to mix and match between extra weapons.

i need some help with key bindings - cannot sem to change USE key from space to E in crispy doom config app in ports folder although i confirm save configuration in the menu. I also checked the default.cfg key assignments but there is no matching key code value table where spacebar is 57 which coresponds to USE). I'm using the latest package 3.2.1

PS-Can i enable free mouse vertical look entire axis wise?

Edited by st0jan