Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

15 minutes ago, Mr. LBN said:

Ever occur to you that you basically just made a Plasma Thrower, and it literally looks like you're using a visor to observe the temperature/chemicals in your weapon?

Well, I don't know about plasma, but there is definitely a lot of flame getting sent your way in that map.

5 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Um, that's E1M1.

The weed I smoked today must've been really good to miss that.

6 hours ago, 0o0[ULTIM4TE]L1FE[F0RM]0o0 said:

Man this looks awesome. can I play it?

Not yet, but soon, hopefully in a few months

6 minutes ago, [McD]James said:

I can't help but wonder if the OP still checks in on this thread. 

The last time OP was online was in November 2018. So probably not.

2 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

The last time OP was online was in November 2018. So probably not.

I think he may have been banned, so there's a possibility he might be lurking here. 

6 minutes ago, [McD]James said:

I think he may have been banned, so there's a possibility he might be lurking here. 

The last words on his profile were something like "Doomworld is lame" so I guess he won't come back... I have to admit I was wondering about the same thing yesterday as well... it makes me wonder what happened to him...

it continues to grow

image.png.593f159fb10bb068d1c1c819ca253ea2.png

soon, it shall consume the universe

On 3/3/2021 at 4:56 AM, Dragonfly said:

Very hard to tell. From a cursory glance, not at all though.

The busy-ness of a layout is often defined not only by the layout itself but the way it plays based on thing placement. If you keep the combat relatively simple or slow, the player will feel more time to orient themselves and combat any complexity the layout offers, but if you're dropped in the middle of this with combat from all directions, the player will likely get overwhelmed and initially lost while they deal with what's thrown at them.

so if it's densely packed with monsters, then that's not a good thing?

heck ):

On 3/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, Megalyth said:

Looks fine. I'm particularly intrigued by the long hallways, that's not really a common feature these days (at least not that I've noticed). The look of the whole thing is reminiscent of some of the original e1/e2 areas.

i'm a huge fan of e1, so that's probably why lol

Edited by roadworx

1 hour ago, LordEntr0py said:

The Hate Flow is all but complete, now. Final gameplay tweaks before sending it out to a few folks to test...

BOOM Compatible?

If so send it my way for an FDA.

This is map 24 of a 32 Map mega WAD I am currently working on. This is map is mostly done still need to make a few tweaks and add in the different difficulties. This map is quite large and has about 800 monster in it. 

Screenshot_Doom_20210315_171950.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210315_172036.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210315_172106.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210315_172125.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210315_200455.png

On 3/15/2021 at 1:53 AM, thelamp said:

from the levelset I'm working on

map05.gif

map06.gif

doom06.png

WOW I love the theme. What is the name of this project ? :) I am interested on playing when it's out 

On 3/15/2021 at 2:16 AM, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

Shaping up the arena for the final boss fight in my mod

Screenshot_Doom_20210314_195835.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210314_195849.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210314_195938.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210314_195955.png

send link when it's done!!!

15 hours ago, roadworx said:

so if it's densely packed with monsters, then that's not a good thing?

heck ):

That's not what I was saying - Complexity does not inherently mean bad. Sometimes it makes for a great gameplay experience when the player doesn't have an opportunity to orient themselves and need to rely on raw skill instead. Some mappers make extensive use of this concept, such as antares031 and Skillsaw.

Hey! I'm a a newbie mapper, this is my first post and my first WAD, learning as I go along. I settled on 5 levels for this set, and currently working on the last one. When I finish it I'll do a polish pass on the whole set, and then try to get some people to play them and give me feedback :)

I'm kinda bad at taking screenshots but these are the layouts. Just started on the last one which is why it's kinda empty, though my maps seem to be relatively empty in general - I probably need to get a better feel for populating them with monsters.

photo_2021-02-12_11-41-23.jpg

photo_2021-02-18_12-20-12.jpg

photo_2021-02-27_14-51-47.jpg

photo_2021-03-09_21-23-22.jpg

photo_2021-03-16_11-10-06.jpg

1 minute ago, Nimiauredhel said:

Hey! I'm a a newbie mapper, this is my first post and my first WAD, learning as I go along. I settled on 5 levels for this set, and currently working on the last one. When I finish it I'll do a polish pass on the whole set, and then try to get some people to play them and give me feedback :)

I'm kinda bad at taking screenshots but these are the layouts. Just started on the last one which is why it's kinda empty, though my maps seem to be relatively empty in general - I probably need to get a better feel for populating them with monsters.

These look good, at least when viewed from above like this ;) Look forward to being able to play them.

Welcome aboard btw

Screenshot_Doom_20210317_090247.png.81a93d4446b2acfd5516b796c56e36b0.png

Less than 2 days into a new map and I've already broken my promise to myself to get the complete layout for the level established before I start messing around detailing individual rooms. Whoops.

What can I say, it helps me realise the finished thing as I'm working on it, I guess.