1. 1. Who would win? (In your opinion)

• Sonic
    • Mario
    • Neither
    • They wouldn\'t fight.
    • I don\'t give a flying flip.
    • No.

Hiya.
Well its a sunday morning, and I'm bored...
Heh, kay, based on a small IRC debate over who is teh better, I decided to see the opinions of others...
I cant really do all of it but still...

Who do you think would own who in the battle of:

Sonic vs. Mario

I know this is pointless but I just want to know. :P

Oh, and I pick Sonic. :P

Gotta juice ;P

Sonic obviously. He's blue :P
Also, my ex-roomie owned a hedgehog and that thing was awesome. Much better than owning fat Italian plumber from Brooklyn, which is where we were, so I could have easily gone that route.

I have no opinion on this, but just liked the idea of spamming a DOOM Anomaly Dee-Lee with a pointless post.

I think they'd drink beer together, and then fight. Probably Sonic would win because he's fast. On the other hand, Mario might use his secret destructive plumbingtechniques (ouch!).

Mario, because we all know plumbers are the most fearless warriors of them all. :)

Did you do this because of that little quarrel we had on AIM the other day which was about who is better, Sonic or Mario? :)
IMO, it'd be Mario. Why? Because, Mario jumps really high, and he can throw fireballs. Sonic just runs really fast.

DooMBoy said:

Sonic just runs really fast.

Do not doubt the spin dash. Plus we/ve always got super sonic.

DooMBoy said:

Did you do this because of that little quarrel we had on AIM the other day which was about who is better, Sonic or Mario? :)
IMO, it'd be Mario. Why? Because, Mario jumps really high, and he can throw fireballs. Sonic just runs really fast.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Well its a sunday morning, and I'm bored...
Heh, kay, based on a small IRC debate over who is teh better, I decided to see the opinions of others...
I cant really do all of it but still...

And DooMBoy, Mario can only jump, shoot fireballs provided he has a flower and not much more, Sonic can go very fast (mach 1 on some cases), he can spin-dash, go Super or Hyper or whatnot, and he can just use his shield to deflect the fireballs. (the Shield is when he jumps, that white swish Dee-Lee. :D)

Hey, let's argue and debate over which video game character would win in a fight. Then again, the fact that I have well over 4,600 posts on a Doom forum tells me that eventually I might of posted this myself, meaning I'm a video game fanatic :P

nxn said:

Jazz teh Jackrabbit owns them all.

/me smokes a carrot.

I wish I had more than the shareware of the first one. :(

Where the heck is Cosmo from his Cosmic Adventures? Bobby Prince was actually an excellent musician back then. Then he got a lobotomy. At least that's what it sounded like...

DEELEEDEELEE JAZZJAZZDEELEE:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DDEEEEEEEEEELEEEEEEEEEEe:D:D:D:D:d::D:D:D:D:D::D::D:JAAAZZZZZZZZ!!!11:DD:::D:D:DDDDD::D::D:D:D:D

gasp, gasp, gasp, hoooooooo...Excuse me.

Anyway, yeah Jazz Jackrabbit has a gun, so he rules.

EDIT: Hey wouldn't it be funny if the name of this thread was Super Deebate?

nxn said:

Jazz teh Jackrabbit owns them all.

/me smokes a carrot.

AndrewB said:

Where the heck is Cosmo from his Cosmic Adventures? Bobby Prince was actually an excellent musician back then. Then he got a lobotomy. At least that's what it sounded like...

Yeah, sorry about that, i would have added some more like Jazz Jackrabbit and Cozmo and whatnot, but since this was based on a certain deebate I didn't bother, but their still acceptable opinions here though.

assuming that neither are allowed any powerups, i believe mario would still win since sonic is a hedgehog - making him about 3 inches tall!! even if he rolled into a ball mario could punt him over the horizon like a football!! that i gotta see!!!

ghost said:

assuming that neither are allowed any powerups, i believe mario would still win since sonic is a hedgehog - making him about 3 inches tall!! even if he rolled into a ball mario could punt him over the horizon like a football!! that i gotta see!!!

But then remember just how small Mario is, without a power shroom, which is classifyied as a powerup so he wouldn't have it, plus, all mario can do is jump and other physical jazz, which, he needs to touch Sonic to do, but Sonic has spikes, so thats hard and hurtfull for the plumber, and Sonic isn't small, look at him to the size of Robotnik or whatnot, hes not microscopic. :P

ghost said:

I don't think so, considering Sonic is slightly bigger than Tails (a fox) then I think he's is about 1 foot in length/width. Taking this into consideration, he is definately big enough and fast enough to dodge most if not all of Mario's attacks and therefore having a large advantage. All he has to do is jump off a nearby wall or bouncer or whatever and land on Mario's face, or he could just run really fast into Mario's legs until they fall off and Mario can't move.

haha, gotcha! I win! pwnt! :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

stuff...

good point, but mario, as midget as he is, also wears shoes. it'd probably be pretty close. if they even bothered. they are kinda on the same side after all. they'd probably only fight if they were drunk or something.

DOOM Anomaly said:
And DooMBoy, Mario can only jump, shoot fireballs provided he has a flower and not much more, Sonic can go very fast (mach 1 on some cases), he can spin-dash, go Super or Hyper or whatnot, and he can just use his shield to deflect the fireballs. (the Shield is when he jumps, that white swish Dee-Lee. :D)

Oi... I'm just jumping in here for the sake of arguing, I really don't have a set opinion... mainly because I don't really care enough to form one. You say that Mario can shoot fireballs provided he has a flower. Well now, lets add this logic to Sonic, shall we? Sonic can go very fast, but it takes a while to get up to that speed, and his fastest is when he's gone down plent of slopes. It takes some time for him to spin dash. He can go super or hyper, but it takes 7 chaos emeralds, and 7 super emeralds for that to happen. And his shield would help, provided he's jumping while attacked... and he's from the third game or higher.

And out of curiosity, what kind of bounds are you putting on this debate? Are you matching each character in their base froms? Or are you matching them with all of their abilities at their disposal?

EllipsusD said:

Oi... I'm just jumping in here for the sake of arguing, I really don't have a set opinion... mainly because I don't really care enough to form one. You say that Mario can shoot fireballs provided he has a flower. Well now, lets add this logic to Sonic, shall we? Sonic can go very fast, but it takes a while to get up to that speed, and his fastest is when he's gone down plent of slopes. It takes some time for him to spin dash. He can go super or hyper, but it takes 7 chaos emeralds, and 7 super emeralds for that to happen. And his shield would help, provided he's jumping while attacked... and he's from the third game or higher.

And out of curiosity, what kind of bounds are you putting on this debate? Are you matching each character in their base froms? Or are you matching them with all of their abilities at their disposal?

Well, basically just in general, its hard, cause the shows gave them different characteristics than the games, and the games keep upgrading them. I mean, Sonic gains more forms like Hyper Sonic and all that, and what does Mario gain? A water pump...sad. In the games, yes, takes a few secs to get to full speed and spin dash at full takes a few secs but previded, it doesnt matter, cause Mario cant touch Sonic when hes preparing a spin-dash cause he is spinning, with all his spikes. Also, Alls Sonic has to do is have at least 1 ring at all times, and hes invinsable. Its a tough decision, but I really think Sonic would win, not cause I am a total Sonic Freak and not so much Mario, but because I actually feel he has the atvantage, cause he has better abilities.