Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1Destro3456

What is your favorite map, that you made

Map11 of my Three-Episode Netherworld (Still WIP) WAD. I just keep coming back to it although i know it by heart and beat it like 20 times already. Then 10 and 12 are my favorites.

Map 11 just feels so good somehow.

Probably still my favorite to date is Harkonnen- it was my first "serious" attempt at mapping and just pure experimentation. It now resides in the 4800 Hell Knights megawad. 

Hmm, interesting question

My favourite map in terms of actually making it was my barrels gimmick map, Chain Reaction. Even if the end product might not have been my finest map, I had so much fun during the mapping process, designing all kinds of evil barrel-based challenges for the player.

In terms of the actual final map, I have an affinity for my contribution to the 64KB vanilla megawad, map 22. It was only my second ever released map, and I feel it was pretty good considering my level of (in)experience at the time.

I also have a large OTEX map which has been a while in the making (I started last August). I'm confident once that is released, that will be my favourite map of mine.

11 hours ago, joepallai said:

Dementia is probably my all time favorite level that I did; I like it enough that I started making an episode inspired by that one level's theme.    Everything else is okay, but doesn't hold the same draw that Dementia does for me (what can I say, I'm a sucker for GSTONE and Orange skies).

Yes it was really, really good. Enjoyed it very much.

12 hours ago, pcorf said:

My favorite map is one of the maps in one of my yet to be released megawads.

Oooooh I'm looking forward to that :O

59 minutes ago, Korozive said:

Whoah back the fruck up. Never knew this existed. Screens look awesome.

Much appreciated. c:

Always the latest one I'm working on, as I'm still continuously improving and learning new things as I'm only on my 3rd map WIP at the moment. As long as I don't plateau and keep trying new things, I should be able to keep saying that.

f210.png

Ventose_layout.png?width=1091&height=656

One of my latest UD maps , Ventôse.

While Bastion of Chaos is probably my favourite map to date, that's a boring answer so I'm gonna say Bloodwire Keep. In my first foray into boom I made a map for Dying Camel's Demons 3 last year, and in hindsight it feels like a real watershed moment for me. The map veritably flew from the fingers, taking less than 30 hours to make and I would say it was my most "fun" map to play at the time. It also kinda flew below the radar which I like.
This was the map that made Bastion possible. Bloodwire Keep was the proof of concept that allowed me to take my designs in a new direction for BoC and subsequently Age of Hell.

Lots of good maps from talented mappers in DCD3, definitely go check it out. Just watch out for the Dubzzz map. Big meanie.

Full layout sketch
EFOQMjGVAAARyXY.png

Completed map
EFOQMjIUwAAQCIq.jpg

In game (shots taken in GZDoom)
EFOQMjMUEAAnaNa.jpg

EEfOcqeVAAAcxSx.jpg

My favorite maps of my own are sadly yet to be released but i hope they'll be out sometime this year, currently it's a tie between this 2 maps, first one because it gets close to the style of the type of maps i enjoy playing, second one because i loved building it due to the theme of the map and i think that reflects when playing it (or at least i hope it does!)

Danger lights from my WIP project

Spoiler

LYXhJdy.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201010_152710_02.png

Heart of the feathered snake from Elementalism 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200711_135220.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200711_135144.png

Since both have yet to be released to the public i guess i'll add a map that's been released

The rats in the well - Mayhem19
This one was a tough map to build, but i think the end result was neat. In retrospective there's lots of "I shouldn't had done that" or "I should had done that" things in this map, but even with it's flaws and the mixed reception mayhem19 had, it is one of the maps i like the most from my own at the moment

Spoiler

U8XuScI.png

hGDRQIs.png

Forgive me if my typing seems lazy but I'm tired as hell and I wanted to share some personal favorites off the top of my head:

lbQdHKb.png

Mayhem 18 Purple Edition - MAP08 - Plum Predicament

After feeling burnt out on mapping and handing over my Orange edition submission, Argent Orange I wanted to play around with the updated resources that were posted a week or so before the official deadline, Unlike my orange edition map, I aimed for a small-ish medium sized map with straightforward gameplay and progression. Working on this map felt like a breath of fresh air after working everyday on Argent Orange, as it took me a couple of days to fully finish the map. I would say that this was the first of many changes I would make to the way I make maps, since at the time I was all about un-orthogonal geometry for the sake of it looking nice on the automap over robust geometry and architecture.

XZYZgy0.png

1k Lines Community Project 2 - Map16 - Cold Shoulder

the first 1klines community project was a fun challenge to do, and after learning that the sequel would have mappers use a modified version of OTEX that supported vanilla doom, I was intrigued by this idea. This map pretty much came together in a matter of days. I'm really happy with how the snowy base theme came to be here. It's a theme that I would like to see more of.

Probably my favorite map is the map I made for 1994 Tune Up. Which never got named due to a misunderstanding :V