Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods 2 - Trailers, Leaks, and New Info

Spoiler

The stars and circles, I do not mind. It clashes with the game's super grimdark edgy aesthetics, but it makes it more convenient to tell when to strike from a gameplay standpoint. What I do mind is the the super repetitive fight with the Dark Lord and the anticlimactic ending: Doomguy just falls (dead?) to the ground, gets entombed again and then the game is over. Like, okay? So much for being "Eternal"...

Edited by Rudolph

I called it guys. Dark lord is nothing but glorified marauder/gladiator boss fight I absolutely hate this fucking darksouls bullshit and that pathetic ending, doomguy just dies lol. Not to mention medicore music that sounds like it was made by an amateur fan rather than by professional composer (typical Hulshult...). I am giving this game 6/10 on metacritic, fuck this shit I am out.

This reminds me: do we ever find out who is talking at the beginning of Doom 2016? You know, "Rip and tear until it is DONE!"

Spoiler

I believe the next Doom game after this DLC will feature a new protagonist to finish off Samuel Hayden and the other 6 demon gods.

I see some dormant accounts have already awakened. waiting for the "doom is ruined forever because they didn't do it the way i wanted" threads

Main Theme Song from new DOOM Eternal Ancient Gods 2 game, composed by the legendary Andrew Hulshult. Feel free to enjoy DOOM Eternal Ancient Gods Part Two official main menu song.

Doom it's ruined because the Dark Lord it's not a cyber demon that we had to hold a+w to win :,(.

Also, i'm grateful that i played the game, because there some accounts that don't respect the spoiler tags.

For me, the ending and the lore was really greateful, and great stuff may come for this ending.

Here's an opening Intro Cutscene from newly released DOOM Eternal DLC called The Ancient Gods - Part Two. Enjoy!

2K | PC | 60 FPS | ULTRA NIGHTMARE VIDEO SETTINGS

29 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:
  Hide contents

I believe the next Doom game after this DLC will feature a new protagonist to finish off Samuel Hayden and the other 6 demon gods.

Spoiler

Alternatively, a game where you only fight Angels/Makyrs instead of demons. It would be an interesting change, especially now that Hell's big boss is dead for good.

6 minutes ago, Rudolph said:
  Hide contents

Alternatively, a game where you only fight Angels/Makyrs instead of demons. It would be an interesting change, especially now that Hell's big boss is dead for good.

Spoiler

Hasn't the Makyrs been rendered powerless with Khan Makyr being dead and The Father's control over Urdak incomplete?

4 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hasn't the Makyrs been rendered powerless with Khan Makyr being dead and The Father's control over Urdak incomplete?

Spoiler

Maykers also are Corrupted by The Father, my take it's they will use another planet/location, and corrupt them, bringing a new powerful demons races. Then, the Slayer may wake out of his tomb again.

Spoiler

Also, does the ending mean that the Doom Slayer will be possibly stuck in the Doom 2016 and Eternal cycle forever? What about the post-credits audio cutscene?

7 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:
  Hide contents

Also, does the ending mean that the Doom Slayer will be possibly stuck in the Doom 2016 and Eternal cycle forever? What about the post-credits audio cutscene?

Spoiler

Instead of be in a cycle "Eternal" jeje, would be like he still being used as a Tool first by Samuel, then by the Father. So maybe a final wake where he can grab all thoses loose ends and just rip it aparts may fix his "curse".

Oh for the post-credits audio, i don't know if i mixed, it's was the one by the intern?

21 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:
  Hide contents

Ah, right. But I mean, if there is to be another reboot, it would be interesting for Id Software to flip the script and have the invaders be from the Heavens for once; the game might still be mechanically similar but instead of the usual bestiary plus some new faces, the bestiary would be entirely original. I would call it "Doom: Rapture", but this might lead people into thinking this is some kind of crossover with BioShock.

Edited by Rudolph

5 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:
Spoiler

So maybe a final wake where he can grab all thoses loose ends and just rip it aparts may fix his "curse".

Spoiler

So the next Doom game featuring the Slayer could have a opening similar to Half-Life 2?

11 minutes ago, Vic Vos said:
  Hide contents

okay so that was pretty anticlimactic

yeah I have no idea what Hugo was thinking.

Happy to see that Andrew is still composing for the DLCs! I loved his work in Ancient Gods 1 and IDKFA, can't wait to hear the rest of his tracks in Part 2!

I'm honestly surprised everyone is shitting on the story so much, I loved it and the ending. Gameplay is awesome as always!

Spoiler

The boss fight was fun, calling it a bullet-sponge marauder is a gross overexaggeration.

@Arbys550 im really glad for the story to be honest, full embrace the Urdak/Argent topics of the laters games, and still go full action.

Not bad. Feels like it's missing something... as if it's muted. But I guess it's main menu music.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:45 PM, Rytrik said:

Not bad. Feels like it's missing something... as if it's muted. But I guess it's main menu music.

The whole OST is a little bit better than TAG1 but still Andrew didn't meet triple A title standards once again.

Edited by Stoltzmann

2 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I see some dormant accounts have already awakened. waiting for the "doom is ruined forever because they didn't do it the way i wanted" threads

I don't need to a make thread because the issues at hand speak for themselves.  It's not a matter of "DeWm Is RuInEd 5eVeR".  For me it's a matter of the formula, for the most part, really works but then a lot arbitrary shit is introduced that breaks it up and not for the better.  Stacking features that don't mesh with each other purely for the sake of attempt to keep the game from being redundant doesn't actually keep redundancy at bay.  In point of fact it introduces many new ways for the game to become redundant more quickly to the point of frustration and then starts sucking out potentially good ideas that as we've seen, ended up going nowhere.

I love the gameplay, the mechanics (when they work), and the overall world this new incarnation of Doom takes place in.  I think it's all fucking awesome to be frank and a return to form for the series in those regards.  What I don't like is the feeling I get that bugs are left in a relatively unfixed because they hike the difficulty curve and that conflation of aggravation for genuine difficulty is a pain in the ass that doesn't make you feel like you accomplished anything when a fight is done, rather it's more "fuck I'm glad that's over".  Completely the opposite of what they want from their audience.  On top of this the storyline is cobbled together in a way that makes feel most of it was written in afterthought regardless of what Hugo wants to say.  It's nonsense and you can't justify just chucking one more plot twist on top of another to try and distract from glaring plotholes where you wrote yourself into a corner quite obviously.

I'm disappointed with the note the DLC ended on because it is lame.  The conclusion is like any of the Avengers movies lately and those are so by the numbers, cliche` and dull that if you're going to try and do something big and different than what people would expect, turning this new project into a gory comic book movie (and this is said with the awareness of the Doom comic existing in all of it's insanity and glory) isn't the way to go.  The ending we got made me feel like Doomslayer's entire struggle was for nothing.  Sure Earth is saved, sure the demons are stopped...for now, but he gets no redemption for all the pain and suffering this struggle has put him through.  And this character is supposed to be identified with by the player.  So it's almost by intention I'm supposed to feel cheated and fucked over.  That's not the note you want your big epic saga to end on.

It's not a matter of "they didn't do it the way I wanted", it's that they did exactly what I expected and it's disappointed because I want to expect to so much more from this team.

Check out the Dragon Riding Cutscene from DOOM Eternal's The Ancient Gods Part 2 first mission.

Take a look at our play-through of Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Part Two first mission called The World Spear with no commentary.

17 minutes ago, StevieWolfe said:

It's not a matter of "they didn't do it the way I wanted", it's that they did exactly what I expected and it's disappointed because I want to expect to so much more from this team.

so in other words  "they didn't do it the way I wanted".

I mean im sure there will be people here who agree with you. the magic of Any Media is that people will like it and hate it.

Edited by jazzmaster9

13 minutes ago, Rytrik said:

Apparently David Levy made the new menu music.

Screenshot 2021-03-18 14.04.20.png

that's what I thought, you can tell which pieces were made by Andrew because they are copy-pasted from prodeus lol 

Out of curiosity, how do people feel about the Dark Lord fight compared to the Icon of Sin fight?