Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DutchDoomer

Doom Unity more addons coming? Rerelease best version?- And Other questions

Hey guys..

I'm in bit of a pickle well long story short my pc fried ,most of the components are dead,took out what still works and tossed the rest

im pretty hard on cash atm so i cant rebuild a new pc so i went and bought a xbox series s for now since it was only 299 and i heard the cpu inside it

is like a ryzen 7 3700x 8 core 16thread so i thought that this would be cool for now for my doom fix...

now i have a couple of questions , gzdoom has always felt off to me it feels very floaty and seems like you are ice skating and the aiming feels off compared to the original game,are the rereleases better and more faithful to the original?

i only stuck with gzdoom cause of the wad support but i see here the unity ports have addons too

and it already has a list of megawads im curious tho, did bethesda stop uploading wads?

i hope not!

because the last one was doom zero and this was like 5 months ago,back in 2020 they gave us 1 every 1-2 months but now we still have nothing after 5 months hmm

i hope we will still get more what do you guys think? is there more coming?

im not into modding i like doom vanilla the only thing i like to add is different wads/maps to play so i really hope bethesda isnt done..

are the rereleases the best for me then? gzdoom is best for mods if not interested in mods then gzdoom is pretty bad? lol

also - 

what is the cheapest way to get back on pc doom tho without building a entire desktop? 

i was thinking maybe a raspberry pi 4? specs wise it has

Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz.

8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM

can this handle doom wads that arnt on the unity port releases? like for example alien vendetta?

any console doomers here?

or raspberry pi doomers? 

to shed me some light 

SORRY LONG POST

Last time @sponge hinted at anything about future add-ons, it was to say that the next update (which ended up being Doom Zero) would be delayed because they ran into complications with both of the wads they were looking at back then. (Pure guess on my part, but I believe one of these complications was "BTSX Episode 3 is not ready yet".)

8 minutes ago, Gez said:

Last time @sponge hinted at anything about future add-ons, it was to say that the next update (which ended up being Doom Zero) would be delayed because they ran into complications with both of the wads they were looking at back then. (Pure guess on my part, but I believe one of these complications was "BTSX Episode 3 is not ready yet".)

so in other words there is plenty of more coming is just some might take longer then others cause of various reasons? but they are def not done?

32 minutes ago, DutchDoomer said:

so in other words there is plenty of more coming is just some might take longer then others cause of various reasons? but they are def not done?

Jimmy has stated that he is in talks to get his new wad, Earthless, added to the port, so no, they aren’t done just yet.

As far as the cheapest way to get back into Doom, a potato can run it. I’d be impressed if you found a computer from the last twenty years that WASN’T able to run it. 

3 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Jimmy has stated that he is in talks to get his new wad, Earthless, added to the port, so no, they aren’t done just yet.

As far as the cheapest way to get back into Doom, a potato can run it. I’d be impressed if you found a computer from the last twenty years that WASN’T able to run it. 

yeah what about a raspberry pi 4 tho :P

yeah i hope they continue adding wads for a long time lol i hope itll end up with like a list of 50wads hahaha

33 minutes ago, DutchDoomer said:

yeah what about a raspberry pi 4 tho :P

yeah i hope they continue adding wads for a long time lol i hope itll end up with like a list of 50wads hahaha

Rasperry pi 2 could eat doom's minimum specs for breakfast and run it at maximum framerate with its feet up.

5 hours ago, Gwarl said:

Rasperry pi 2 could eat doom's minimum specs for breakfast and run it at maximum framerate with its feet up.

ah so 4 is no problem then,what source ports do they have?

but i mean tho maximum framerate as well in megawads like alien vendetta? etc.?

not just the base regular game ;p