Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silverwyvern

Green Pile - Christmas Special

Demons Hand said:

You are a god! Thats some cool stuff. I want more damn it!

All hail Art God(ess)/Mod Silverwyvern! :-P

dsm said:

All hail Art God(ess)/Mod Silverwyvern! :-P

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! I'm scum! I suck! :D

(and yes we need more Greenpile comix ^_^)

Demons Hand said:

But you dsm are the doom world art god.

Why? So I've made a few highly detailed drawings, but so what? There are a couple of people who do better drawings than me and I can't make coloured pics...at...all.

I read the whole series DSM gave the link to. Two words. Damn awesome. Even if it isn't necessarily "polished" I love the art style and whoever did the lines, etc for the characters did a great job. Very good doom comic and way better than the Flynn Taggart adventures. It inspiring me to make some comics of my own and submit them for approval to the art goddess herself. :)

As Doom fan comics are in short supply here on DW, I'll love to see some more coming.
One reason why I wouldn't do one myself is because of lack of time, lack of humour (meaning that I'd only do serious comics) and not nearly enough motivation - I gotta do like hundreds of highly detailed images for me to approve of it myself, something that requires a shitload of time and patience, not to mention maximum motivation.

dsm said:

...One reason why I wouldn't do one myself is because of lack of time, lack of humour (meaning that I'd only do serious comics) and not nearly enough motivation - I gotta do like hundreds of highly detailed images for me to approve of it myself, something that requires a shitload of time and patience, not to mention maximum motivation.

dsm, you're a true artist in your own right. :) You sound just like my brother. And that's no insult.

Vulg@r said:

dsm, you're a true artist in your own right. :) You sound just like my brother. And that's no insult.

Heh thanks bud - are your brother older or younger than you?

dsm said:

Heh thanks bud - are your brother older or younger than you?

My brother is 24(which makes him older, since I'm only near 20), but he's an amazing artist. He's been doing it, literally, ever since he could hold a pencil. His style combines impressionistic art with photo realism.

Vulg@r said:

My brother is 24(which makes him older, since I'm only near 20), but he's an amazing artist. He's been doing it, literally, ever since he could hold a pencil.

Yeah, that sounds a lot like me except I'm not 24 yet and my art is a thousand years away from photorealism.

dsm said:

Yeah, that sounds a lot like me except I'm not 24 yet and my art is a thousand years away from photorealism.

It doesn't matter if you can't be photorealistic. It's just a style type. Your work that I've seen has a different, but no less significant or strong, flavor of it's own. Clearly, judging from your work, you have been doing the art thing ever since you could hold a pencil yourself. I say keep up the great work. You attitude toward the relationship between art and criticism is mature and constructive. And this isn't idle praise. :) I actually believe every word of it.