Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

2 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

I remember playing an Edd, Edd 'n' Eddy racing game type thing in the Cartoon Network website waaay ago. It needed Shockwave Flash to work, shocking! I think it was the Brazilian version of the website, but iirc the game was (at least mostly) still in English. It was still very fun, as it was less about racing and more about ramming into other cars until they exploded, without letting them explode yours itself.

omg i remember that, i played the SHIT out of that when i was a kid

Allen Vendetta

Partial conversion where every enemy is some guy named Allen

idk what he did but he did something so bad that it pissed off doomguy

On 3/17/2021 at 10:38 PM, Ichor said:

You're outside a massive, complex castle that probably has 200,000 sidedefs and enough 3D floors and portals to make a Cray weep, but you spend the entire map outside in some boring caves that look like they were made in 1995 with fleeting glimpses of the castle, and you finish the map without ever going inside.

All sectors in the castle are alternatingly marked -20 health+exit (which turns off god mode) and instant death, so if they noclip to see it they get instagibbed, or just exit the map if they were already low on life.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:13 AM, Gustavo6046 said:

I remember playing an Edd, Edd 'n' Eddy racing game type thing in the Cartoon Network website waaay ago. It needed Shockwave Flash to work, shocking! I think it was the Brazilian version of the website, but iirc the game was (at least mostly) still in English. It was still very fun, as it was less about racing and more about ramming into other cars until they exploded, without letting them explode yours itself.

Ah, memories, I know that game too man, I used to play it all the time back then, there was also a second one with food fighting inside the school's cantina.

There was also a nice Teen Titans and Ben 10 game too. Double nostalgia you could say, back when CN was actually good, and also when we've had these epic Flash games.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, IggySqiggles said:

Bootleg Doom,

literally just a remake of Doom maps but horrible.

No varying heights, all walls are either parallel or perpendicular, no rotation sprites. chef kiss

9 hours ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

No varying heights, all walls are either parallel or perpendicular, no rotation sprites. chef kiss

God I almost wanna make this now lol

On 2/20/2021 at 8:35 AM, seed said:

Doom - Google Translate Edition.

I may try to do it ;)

18 minutes ago, Wavy said:

I may try to do it ;)

That will be fun 🦊.

Remember Vietnamese Crystal?

Now we're getting Vietnamese Doom and it's not even by the guy who made Deus Vult :D

12 hours ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

So just Wolf3D?

Flash Gordon Doom

This has to be done at some point.  Quite frankly, I'm amazed no one has yet.

30 minutes ago, Meddy said:

Well, is not text to doom kinda like that?

Not at all, see the HL mods.

19 hours ago, seed said:

Ah, memories, I know that game too man, I used to play it all the time back then, there was also a second one with food fighting inside the school's cantina.

There was also a nice Teen Titans and Ben 10 game too. Double nostalgia you could say, back when CN was actually good, and also when we've had these epic Flash games.

Suddenly I was hit with a tidal wave of nostalgia ಥ_ಥ

11 hours ago, Willow said:

vanilla brutal doom

vanilla brutal doom.png

Just replace every death animation with a fatality.

19 hours ago, seed said:

That will be fun 🦊.

Well bad news. Someone on Mod DB has started to do this only about a month ago. Oh well =P

14 hours ago, Willow said:

vanilla brutal doom

vanilla brutal doom.png

This has already been done. However it misses the custom sounds as well as it not really being that brutal, so I'm gonna make an updated version with the sounds from BD as well some nice blood effects (as seen with mods like Doom 4 Vanilla).

(Registered) Doom in intermission screen location appearance only.
image.png.3d1b1aea137a7e76353094257291614e.png
Not gonna lie, it could benefit E3M1 a lot IMO

[EDIT] @Walter confetti isn't it, by accident, this project? Though this one is actually very recent, about 2 and 1/3 years since its debut.
[EDIT2] Judging from some of the prerequisites, I'm almost safe to wager that after its 3 month run, it was redirected to the ZDoom Forums.

Edited by Cell

Actually, ages ago someone make a Community Project with the idea you mentioned @Cell, i don't remember the name of that project, but it's around there...

4 hours ago, Cell said:

isn't it, by accident, this project? Though this one is actually very recent, about 2 and 1/3 years since its debut.

Yes, is that one!

2 hours ago, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

I present you: 

MARIO KILLING DEMONS

MARIO.jpg.5316a0255654dc5025fbd597de995a3f.jpg

Sadly, Nintendo would shut that down in a heartbeat if it ever happened.  Still funny regardless.

A grand new sequel to 100 lines and 10 sectors community projects...

16 VISPLANES. Possibly combined with a custom Chocolate Doom fork that lowers the visplane limit. It could be pretty interesting, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Master O said:

Beavis and Butthead Doom

WE'RE GONNA BE TALKING ABOUT THE unf

WE'LL BE TALKING ABOUT THE BOOM CLICK-CLACK-CLICK

On 6/29/2021 at 2:42 PM, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

I present you: 

MARIO KILLING DEMONS

MARIO.jpg.5316a0255654dc5025fbd597de995a3f.jpg

SMG4: If Mario was in DOOM