• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

First Blood
MAP01 UV-Speed in 0:31.46

Speedrunning your own maps? Who knew?
This one seems to be like Underhalls - an easy one on its own but a real pain to do Speed, Pacifist, and Tyson runs on. I will honor anyone who even completes a UV-Pacifist run of this map.

I have never pressed the Home key (restart demo button) more in such a short span of time.

fb1uvs-31.zip

11 minutes ago, Chris Hansen said:

Cool demo! Nice to see that a 17 year old level still garners a bit of interest :) I've converted it to a video, mind if I upload it to YouTube? I'll make sure to credit you of course.

No problem with uploading, there's also a mini review I left a month ago here.

10 hours ago, E.M. said:

I decided to speedrun my own wad. :^)

Ram Ranch

UV Speed in 0:55.54 - ramranchuvspeed002.zip

UV Max in 3:44.51 - ramranchuvmax003.zip

No Monsters in 0:30.43 - ramranchnomo002.zip

No Monsters 100% Secrets in 0:44.40 - ramranchnomo100s002.zip

Hey, @E.M., could you add the time to your zip/txt/demo names? Right now, it seems like it's just some kind of index, which isn't standard and makes it hard to tell what the final time is. Also, there are 1-2 letter keycodes for various categories that you could use for the zips to make them shorter. In this case, it would be something like ramranch-055 for UV-Speed, ramranch-344 or ramranchm344 for UV-Max, ramrancho030 for nomo, and ramranchos044 for nomo100.

I already uploaded your doomcity runs despite this, so I guess those can be left as-is, but could you re-upload your sfft and Ram Ranch runs with these changes as new posts in this thread?

56 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, @E.M., for future uploads, could you add the time to your zip/txt/demo names? Right now, it seems like it's just some kind of index, which isn't standard and makes it hard to tell what the final time is. Also, there are 1-2 letter keycodes for various categories that you could use for the zips to make them shorter. In this case, it would be something like ramranch-055 for UV-Speed, ramranch-344 or ramranchm344 for UV-Max, ramrancho030 for nomo, and ramranchos044 for nomo100.

I went ahead and fixed the file names.

ramranch-055.zip

ramranchm344.zip

ramrancho030.zip

ramranchos044.zip

Edited by E.M.

Running Late Maps 01 in 1:30, 02 in 3:05

rl01-130.zip

rl02-305.zip

There weren't any runs for this wad on DSDA, but it's a solid mapset with three more untouched maps.

(edit: fixed the text files to have the correct complevel of 9)

The Spire UV Max 55:21

Whoa, this map actually doesn't require ZDoom. Recorded with PrBoom+.

Positive map review by Phml

Spoiler

The Spire, one of my favorite levels. Endless slaughter, slowly conquering that enormous map. Kind of plays the same time everytime though, so I can't say I play it a lot anymore, but it was a fantastic experience the first few times.

Negative map review by Belial

Spoiler

This is a good example of why monster-packed doesn't always mean action-packed. The map is boring as hell. Imagine playing Deus Vult without a BFG. It's just wading through monster-filled rooms using ssg+rl most of the time. Took me 80 minutes (maptime) to beat it which is way too long for a map this size. The last fight gave it +1 star. 3/5

spre5521.zip