Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

lol this mapset is fun, but can we get an actual authors listing some time later? Genuinely curious.

1 minute ago, Catpho said:

lol this mapset is fun, but can we get an actual authors listing some time later? Genuinely curious.

Spoiler

Text file has answers you're looking for. 

1 hour ago, Misty said:
  Hide contents

Text file has answers you're looking for. 

Spoiler

Juan Romero should get together with "John Romero" from D2TWID :O

Edit: Ah, i kinda see what you mean ;) Still, something more explicit would be nice

Edited by Catpho

I'll record this mapset and I have a small file that replaces the dull secret sound with El Risitas laugh...cuz Spain.

4 hours ago, Catpho said:

Looks like its just the TwiD/BTSX guys doing stuff

Hmm, from the name and description, I kinda expected it would have an ACS script that would prevent the mod from working unless it was run on a spanish-language operating system...

The patch for RC2 is smaller because of the larger damage that occurred on Map 31, where line types 62 and 88 are mixed together. There is a new version below.

At Catpho's request, a list of individual authors and Midi authors has been added to the text file to ensure that authors like Drug Shuttle gain proper credibility.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2il3n6ziadrz80a/Doom 2 In Spain Only RC2.2.7z?dl=0

Made me giggle about "La corte de yardas" (yes, I know that was translated wrong but still, jokes are fun)....

So far, I recorded until map 12 and, I'm having fun. Hopefully, the new version fixes some stuff like an alternative way to get the yellow key in map 5 (porque soy un idiota que no obtuvo la llave y escapar de la trampa.....).

EDIT: wasted opportunity to be El Arenoso Pedersen....guess what, "arenoso" is "sandy"

;)

Edited by leodoom85

26 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Hopefully, the new version fixes some stuff like an alternative way to get the yellow key in map 5

Sorry, gonna have to wait for RC3 for that one. :(

5 hours ago, Tarnsman said:

Sorry, gonna have to wait for RC3 for that one. :(

Maldicion......

Since i haven't got the Time to sit down on the PC/Laptop at Home i've started playing it ofer Freedom on my Phone with a 8Bitdo Snes Style Controller.

I am at Level three and it is playable with that strange Setting on HMP.

But i am stuggling to get to the lift over the acid rapid enough :>

¡Joder!

Why haven't you optimized the Game for the Super Nintendo!

Just kiddin... Its fun until know :)

Some of the Traps could be mean on higher difficulties :> i am afraid.

Vaya, voy a seguir jugando hoy de tarde.

Me reí cuando escuché la música de los túneles de desechos. ¡Gran trabajo! Pero me decepcionó un poco que en el abismo faltara Lana Del Shrinkray.

i'm currently hosting this on zandronum

or:

Actualmente estoy alojando esto en zandronum

I love how activating NOCLIP, it gives a "NO HAY VIDEO!" message, literally taking noclip as "no (video)clip". Pretty funny lol

Finnished this about an hour ago. No doubt one of the best experiences in doom, the quality is top-notch and it always felt very rewarding to unravel the evil-spirited intricate design in all of the maps, and particularly loved the TNT references (this also raised some questions but it's not the moment)... But I came to report some last things. FTR, I played the RC1 so if anything has already been solved then apologies!

Spoiler

- In map 18, few misaligned tex here and there (automap view of each), also here in the same area

- In map 23, misaligned here (automap

- In map 24, the revenant was unable to leave its closet, not sure if intentional though. Also noticed the barrel pops up when I hit the switch. It's kinda funny though; HOM here (automap); an imp was sunken in this floor apparently, killed it with splash (not the corpse in the screenie); this wall raised way above its adjacent ceilings (I know, that's the ceiling special bug) and rendered a HOM on this side, while also exposing a misaligned tex (automap).

- In map 28, a poor candle clipped on the ceiling. (automap)

additional random:

a very accurate pun for the pain elemental's name would be "dolor de bola", since that's what us spanish speakers (edit: at least in Argentina :x) say when something or someone is a "pain in the ass" (dolor=pain). The most literal translation would be "pain in the balls" but no one says that in english I think :p

Edited by galileo31dos01

52 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

dolor de bola

spanish confusion....

I've never heard or spoke of that term EVER.

This wad is the most fun I've had in Doom. Ever. My most sincere congratulations to everyone involved in the project!

I've uploaded a video to YouTube with the wad's full soundtrack. (pls excuse the shitty video quality, the audio is fine)

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

spanish confusion....

I've never heard or spoke of that term EVER.

well whoops, sorry! don't know why I thought it was popular too outside of where I live...

3 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

particularly loved the TNT references (this also raised some questions but it's not the moment)...

Watch the latest Tarnsman stream and achieve enlightenment.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:53 PM, an_mutt said:

It stays as 'James' but is pronounced like James Rodriguez

Spoiler

Besides of french, romance language are pretty good in speaken as written and viceversa.

English is, well Ghoti :>

They named my Cousin Bryan, my Family called him his whole Life Bra-yan, i will not step away from this :)

If i have to describe my name in english i say undress, but with only one S :P

To the Topic:

I am through Level 4 and 5 now, they are also Controller aproven.

Lets see how far i will come playing like this.

Memo to myself, have to Map a Button for "Last Weapon"

The GBA Version did it well, you can change the Weapon while Pausing.

You can break map13 by closing the yellow door from the inside and dying or failing the jump (This happened in coop).

Also I feel like you need way more coop cybers /s.

Not sure if anyone encountered a little bug in map 12.

Spoiler

Rocket launcher area that triggers 4 revenants and 1 archie that I think you gotta use to jump into the next secret.

Once up there, you can fall down through with some imps waiting to raise I believe.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:56 PM, leodoom85 said:

Made me giggle about "La corte de yardas" (yes, I know that was translated wrong but still, jokes are fun)....

"Logotipo Malvado" (literally "Evil Logotype") also cracked me up as well.

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

Reveal hidden contents

Besides of french, romance language are pretty good in speaken as written and viceversa.

English is, well Ghoti :>

They named my Cousin Bryan, my Family called him his whole Life Bra-yan, i will not step away from this :)

If i have to describe my name in english i say undress, but with only one S :P

The GBA Version did it well, you can change the Weapon while Pausing.

Also the Snes port

To the topic: Nada mal, de momento, buen trabajo :)