Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[Now on /idgames!!!] TWANGO1 - Vanilla DM for the Modern Age

MrTWANGO.zipOk, here's final version of MrTWANGO.wad :

mrtwango_shot2.png.cbf727b534e713f01b7e978d87486b99.png

Deathmatch level

MrTWANGO.zip

• Added a new area to the south where there's yet another chance to get a shot at the other player running for the BFG or Plasma depending on skill setting.
  • Refined a few areas, and adjusted the playing field a little.

Tested with Doom2.exe Doom2.wad and DOSBOX, so it should run on any source engine also!

View readme file for more info.

Let me know what you think!

This map still needs play tested!

~ the layout is considered finished!

Edited by Mr.Rocket

14 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Redownload lama0.zip

Now (temporary map##s) in twangok.wad

map01 = Interdimansia  (Interdimensional + Mansion + Dementia)

(not infinished yet and has a temporary exit thrown in, needs more lighting, will be more to basement, WIP)

map02 = Quad Goal Deathmatch / You're the Ball!

map12 (or later so it uses sky2) = Silenced Lamasery

Extra if there's room and you want it but needs thing placement adjusted:

map32 = Quad Doomball

Would the twangtex.wad in this zip be alright for our texture/resource wad?

It's the same stuff as in twangok.wad but without my maps, music, and mapinfos.

I need to work on rsky1 and make it tile smoothly.

Could switch up the skies if they're alright.   I just put one I'd like for a couple maps as rsky1 and the Doom Alpha one as rsky2 for Lamasery for the time being.

Here's CompTwan used in Quad Goad.   The VCR part below the screen was by @XLightningStormL and red background symbols are part of DoomSlayer screen by @BLAZING_DUST used in CompSlay which I built this texture on.

comptwan.png.556ad062aec70d6e2214acb443fc896f.png

I'm loving Interdimansia, very good layout and theme. Were there any changes made to Silenced Lamasery aside from the sky texture?

Thanks!

ReDL lama0.zip again.   Well now I just changed the direction a teleport destination was facing in Lamasery.  Would rather someone teleporting into the tower be able to defend themself sooner rather being disoriented and not having a chance against someone camping there.   Added Serverroomonfire textures and did a little bit more to Interdimensia so far.   Touched up these textures as the double thick dark line at the bottom of the portrait was eroding my soul as well as my template for them which just used skin texture bits as a "canvas" and I used an Overlay option for the added layer of the Twango image in Paint.net.    Still haven't worked on making the blue skinface currently replacing rsky1 tile better.   A real graphic artist could surely do better with that but I'll try.

PanelTwango.png.ab4e6ac546ff242c85ad2daffd701d5e.pngPanelTwango2.png.08c9ede3a2c08672165d2dc9e4a739de.pngPanelTwango3.png.685db2b9c2c94b78733c31796ce0d474.pngRW16_4temp.png.14071b2b6b3a7f4730de943a9384e93b.png

My thoughts and suggestions on other maps in this project.

MrTwango.wad - Great!  Really liking this map and have no suggestions.

NMDeath / "Engine 3000" - Cool how it feels like you're on the top of something like the Tower of Babel.
      But also feels a little like you're a little squished against the sky.   
      All combat takes place at one elevation, though detail of small differences in sector floor heights is good.
      Maybe it would feel better with some increase in vertical dimensions,

though it wouldn't affect gameplay.
      But mainly this one part looks like the ceiling is too thin,
        and it could use a girder-like sector like the other edge of it.
      Then I would turn all the multiplayer-only flags off so things can be seen in single player.
      Running zandronum -deathmatch will make multi-only things appear anyway.
      Plenty of weapons for altdeath, but no ammo for deathmatch 1.
      Remember once someone gets a weapon in DM 1.0, you can't pick it up again for more ammo unless an enemy dropped it.
      Might want to add some health, berserk, and/or green armor at least on some difficulty.
      Nice work overall and should be a vicious fragfest.

nmdeathpic.png.4a2c44c3aa1efefb7320f831b4dd8404.png

ServerRoomOnFire - Looks nice but feels like a map fragment.  Maybe it could use some additions,

though I feel like a hypocrite since my Quad Goal Deathmatch is ridiculous (though Doomball was my original intention).
           Maybe have some fire inside some open computer screens and parts.

Map has a great name it could live up to more literally, heh.
           Still could be wicked the way it is.
           Should just be spaced a good ways apart from Quad Goal with several maps in between them,

so people aren't squished into small kill boxes consecutively in this mappack.

Would turn off all those multi-only flags on everything though.

I would also change at least one of the two shotguns closest together to a backpack or box of shells.

A berserk pack would be good for this map as long as it's out of the running paths

or any space you need to dodge because it's great for close quarters

but the forced switch to fists can mess people up.
           Added its textures to twangtex.wad
            Pnames patches taken from Doom 1 are renamed to avoid rejection from idgames.

Remember altdeath can have weapons shortages as people have to wait for them to respawn.
And deathmatch 1.0 can have ammo shortages as all the ammo items are taken up
 and you can't repeatedly pick the same weapon up unless a monster drops it.

I sure would like to see that hacked doom.exe with deathmatch 3.0.
Also remember the official Doom Classic is totally vanilla with four player splitscreen.
Last I checked, its deathmatch is 3.0 with no option for 1.0 or altdeath 2.0.

That actually solves the problems of 1.0 and 2.0,

but a major point of this project is designing for original dos doom2.exe.

It being probably over 20 years since the last Dwango, I think a vanilla DM mappack of whatever fun is great.

(Correction: 20th anniversary wads here)
And also could contain some interesting changes of pace.   Wouldn't it be nice to outdo a lot of Dwango stuff
besides getting this one on idgames, though there's some great maps within Dwangos.
I think having Map01 and E1M1 edits kept Dwango wads off idgames, and some of them were their best maps, but that's just my guess.

Good work overall to everyone.   I just think there could be a few improvements.

Also to give some credit where it's due for influences on my maps...  (Rambling enclosed)

My Quad Goal is basically a four way version of Football by one of the original Doom Legacy guys with also some influence from his Newboxe (their maps.   Football with its dehacked is pretty funny and Claustrophobia is surely a set of the ultimate tiny killboxes.   Careful about doing too much of that though.   We called him Fab, short for his last name, but now that's confusing with Fabian working more recently on the port.   And there's been several attempts at Doomball/hockey/soccer before more scripted Hexen Hockey and various ZDoom sports did better, but I don't think anyone else has succeeded with fully functional Doomball/hockey with score-keeping in vanilla Doom.exe before mine.   For Interdimansia, recently playing the PSX map The Mansion retextured with my black wood textures was some good influence.   Always liked crazy libraries (like in Castlevania) and seeing the screenshots of Lullaby with crazy twisting book cases is amazing (obviously not possible with vanilla).   Waiting to get some of my stuff done before I play that so I'm not imitating anything recent too much.   Some influence from Justin Fisher's MC Escher style map02 of nemesis.wad I last looked at many months ago.   Quick whipped up my map over the last weekend without looking back at any of them to try keeping it a little different from any of them.

Edited by Gokuma

7 hours ago, Gokuma said:

ServerRoomOnFire - Looks nice but feels like a map fragment.  Maybe it could use some additions,

though I feel like a hypocrite since my Quad Goal Deathmatch is ridiculous (though Doomball was my original intention).
           Maybe have some fire inside some open computer screens and parts.

Map has a great name it could live up to more literally, heh.
           Still could be wicked the way it is.

I mean, if you have the fire sprites (preferabbly of a mid format) i could possibly put it in the map

7 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Would turn off all those multi-only flags on everything though.

I would also change at least one of the two shotguns closest together to a backpack or box of shells.

A berserk pack would be good for this map as long as it's out of the running paths

or any space you need to dodge because it's great for close quarters

but the forced switch to fists can mess people up.

That sounds fair on the flag department, i knew scientist 2 kind of did the same with his dm maps

I do not understand by what you mean by "Closets"

as for the zerk i though of putting it here

image.png.5b8bb99fc8bf3534f0d53a27b7c4f6c3.png

i am also adding in some small details, nothing too demanding though, and removed most of the multiplayer only flags on all of the player items.

There's two shotguns really close together, so it would probably be good to change one.   Existing animated fire textures and torches inside compartments could work.   Can't add additional animated textures in vanilla without replacing existing ones.

3 hours ago, Gokuma said:

There's two shotguns really close together, so it would probably be good to change one.

image.png.f0a2387e37ce7d0ee548212d61ce402d.png

it's probably a stupid idea but i wanted to ask if making the player spawn near the ammo would be a good idea, it's either that or change the ssg to be ammunition.

as for the torches, you brought a good point and i went with that, it's very basic but il do the trick

14 hours ago, Gokuma said:

I sure would like to see that hacked doom.exe with deathmatch 3.0.

Essentially, it's a part of axdoomer's doom patcher utility, which allows you to apply various patches to your doom2.exe, one of which replaces Deathmatch 1.0 with 3.0. Unfortunately though, it only works with Doom II and Doom 1.9, no support for the Ultimate Doom or either of the Final Doom exes. :(

Honestly I do hope he expands the compatibility and adds patches for it, I'd love to see a tutti-frutti fix, that would be AWESOME for playing limit-removing WADs in doom2-plus or doom32. Not to mention like a proper limit-raising exe for Final Doom, but I digress.

15 hours ago, Redead-ITA said:

it's probably a stupid idea but i wanted to ask if making the player spawn near the ammo would be a good idea, it's either that or change the ssg to be ammunition.

as for the torches, you brought a good point and i went with that, it's very basic but il do the trick

I would just drag the ammo and player start apart to not be on the exact same coordinates.   I would leave the SSG where it is since aesthetically the teleporter destination pad is like a pedestal presenting it.   Flaming barrels with the barrel out of sight also work well.

Did something to make Interdimansia even trippier... 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lflmqbwk2ovi0yx/lama0.zip/file

Interdislantia.png.c1351e952a6684b4b1c445b12bbcc453.png

Edited by Gokuma

8 hours ago, Gokuma said:

I would just drag the ammo and player start apart to not be on the exact same coordinates.   I would leave the SSG where it is since aesthetically the teleporter destination pad is like a pedestal presenting it.   Flaming barrels with the barrel out of sight also work well.

image.png.ca46c61f5cfba9a25374bf27e141e407.png

Kind bums me leaving this spawn empty but it will do, i will now release it, i should note however that you have to redo the whole shbang with the textures to make sure that it doesn't trigger the idgames archive again. 

Serverroomonfire.zip

LOL, now that's a server room on fire!

Anyway, you could just move the DM start onto the teleporter pad if you want them to get & switch to a weapon upon spawning.  At least they will be slightly further from the next start.   There will be a higher chance of them getting telefragged, or the newly respawning player maybe telefragging someone who just teleported.   Spawning on a better weapon, but more likely to get telefragged.   I call that a fair tradeoff.  To make an omelet you gotta break some eggs.

How about combining your older and newer detail at this spot?:

serverburnin.jpg.1afdf213f945d9cc032f471526a42290.jpg

That's a nice touch you did with the rays of light in front coming from between the bars.   Here I copied the sector with the lamp from your old version and pasted over that part of the new version.   Then just changed the back wall to firemag again.   I think it looks nice with the old tekwall and midgrate with the compblue strips on the edges and the lamp still in there, except it seems you currently reworked the light ray sectors for the newer midbars.   What do you think?

I haven't been submitting anything to idgames.   I'm just taking precautions so that when this whole Twango mappack project is finished it won't get rejected.   I didn't actually change your textures or their names.   I just internally changed the names of the graphic pnames patches they access for the few Doom 1 resources so they don't get rejected from idgames.   For example, for compblue I renamed its patches comp03_6 and comp03_7 to comp03_A and comp03_B to avoid rejection, but the compblue texture is going to look exactly the same with the same texture name.  You can actually delete the textures from your wad and use the twangtex.wad with it.   And then you could combine the two wads so you can work easier by not having to load two wads.   You'll have some more comp textures and tech floor/ceiling flats to work with if you want them.     (Really you can't just simply rename or delete pnames without messing something up.  I'm actually giving them different names as I add them to my textures).

Also doom2.exe is more robust than you think.   Just if you really have A LOT of sectors and lines visible at once in a big area, the game will boot back to the dos prompt with visplanes overflow.   In Doom Builder under Mode, try out visplanes viewer (which is a bit demanding and will get your computer's cooling fan going so don't leave Doom Builder sitting in this mode).   See what areas show up lighter and put your mouse over to see the count of planes visible.   In just one corner of your map I see 82 at most and you're way lower elsewhere.   If it reaches 128 it would crash doom2.exe.   Lamasery might reach 117 at some spot.   I try not to go to far over 100 too much and definitely keep it under 120 for safety.   Then if you do lots of intricate lines of detail somewhere, especially with more odd angles, you should keep checking it in doom2.exe to make sure a HOM graphic bug hasn't developed, despite being within visplane limits.

***UPDATE EDIT

Reuploaded lama0.zip replacing twangtex.wad with twangtxb.wad including a bunch of added textures I needed for Interdimansia.

Work on Interdimansia continues, but quick whipped up another map: Dwango5 - 04 Redux.   Made an imitation of that ridiculous map from scratch with some improvements.   Currently replaces map04 while I don't have a map03 in there.   Got another original map idea though.

Dwango5-04Redux.jpg.7763ad62da78c2c72c4c8c18903ea714.jpg

Features a large floor texture by @Gifty

Edited by Gokuma

How about this? Map08 but only the middle.

Ok before you kill me Rift for making a joke for the 10 billionth time, I'm willing to offer my extreme MIDI skillz in return for not executing me.

12 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Anyway, you could just move the DM start onto the teleporter pad if you want them to get & switch to a weapon upon spawning.  At least they will be slightly further from the next start.   There will be a higher chance of them getting telefragged, or the newly respawning player maybe telefragging someone who just teleported.   Spawning on a better weapon, but more likely to get telefragged.   I call that a fair tradeoff.  To make an omelet you gotta break some eggs.

How about combining your older and newer detail at this spot?

That's a nice touch you did with the rays of light in front coming from between the bars.   Here I copied the sector with the lamp from your own version and pasted over that part of the new version.   Then just changed the back wall to firemag again.   I think it looks nice with the old tekwall and midgrate with the compblue strips on the edges and the lamp still in there, except it seems you currently reworked the light ray sectors for the newer midbars.   What do you think?

I haven't been submitting anything to idgames.   I'm just taking precautions so that when this whole Twango mappack project is finished it won't get rejected.   I didn't actually change your textures or their names.   I just internally changed the names of the graphic pnames patches they access for the few Doom 1 resources so they don't get rejected from idgames.   For example, for compblue I renamed its patches comp03_6 and comp03_7 to comp03_A and comp03_B to avoid rejection, but the compblue texture is going to look exactly the same with the same texture name.  You can actually delete the textures from your wad and use the twangtex.wad with it.   And then you could combine the two wads so you can work easier by not having to load two wads.   You'll have some more comp textures and tech floor/ceiling flats to work with if you want them.     (Really you can't just simply rename or delete pnames without messing something up.  I'm actually giving them different names as I add them to my textures).

If you say it's a fair trade off with A guy spawning with a ssg have a chance to die, then sure, can be done.

Same with combining the older and newer detail, though it might be more server room if it was the other way but if you say so i combined them also.

I am aware of that being a pain and all but there is a problem, where is the TwangoTex.wad you keep saying? the one that is in the OP is just a zip with some pngs.

17 hours ago, Gokuma said:

How about combining your older and newer detail at this spot?:

serverburnin.jpg.1afdf213f945d9cc032f471526a42290.jpg

That's a nice touch you did with the rays of light in front coming from between the bars.   Here I copied the sector with the lamp from your own version and pasted over that part of the new version.   Then just changed the back wall to firemag again.   I think it looks nice with the old tekwall and midgrate with the compblue strips on the edges and the lamp still in there, except it seems you currently reworked the light ray sectors for the newer midbars.   What do you think?

Also doom2.exe is more robust than you think.   Just if you really have A LOT of sectors and lines visible at once in a big area, the game will boot back to the dos prompt with visplanes overflow.   In Doom Builder under Mode, try out visplanes viewer (which is a bit demanding and will get your computer's cooling fan going so don't leave Doom Builder sitting in this mode).   See what areas show up lighter and put your mouse over to see the count of planes visible.   In just one corner of your map I see 82 at most and you're way lower elsewhere.   If it reaches 128 it would crash doom2.exe.   Lamasery might reach 117 at some spot.   I try not to go to far over 100 too much and definitely keep it under 120 for safety.   Then if you do lots of intricate lines of detail somewhere, especially with more odd angles, you should keep checking it in doom2.exe to make sure a HOM graphic bug hasn't developed, despite being within visplane limits.

***UPDATE EDIT

Reuploaded lama0.zip replacing twangtex.wad with twangtxb.wad including a bunch of added textures I needed for Interdimansia.

Work on Interdimansia continues, but quick whipped up another map: Dwango5 - 04 Redux.   Made an imitation of that ridiculous map from scratch with some improvements.   Currently replaces map04 while I don't have a map03 in there.   Got another original map idea though.

Dwango5-04Redux.jpg.7763ad62da78c2c72c4c8c18903ea714.jpg

Features a large floor texture by @Gifty

Holy fucking shit, I already had a D504 reference as like a joke map for map31, but this is definitely way better. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

How about this? Map08 but only the middle.

Ok before you kill me Rift for making a joke for the 10 billionth time, I'm willing to offer my extreme MIDI skillz in return for not executing me.

Bring me your tunes boy. 

Alright, so here's a WIP build of the WAD so far. I've got 15 maps currently present (MAP01-14 and MAP31). I've tried to use everyone's most up to date versions, so let me know if I missed anything. I also made some small modifications to a few people's maps for various purposes (fixes, cleanup, etc.). Also, I've finished a new map!

Level 11: Romero's Void

Coop-20210325-160003.png.3f4c5ead572b45cc1230147a93e6a3c2.png

Based on the original map11, this map is a portal into the 9th circle of hell itself. Better be careful getting that plasma gun, if you fall off it's over. 

DOWNLOAD THE WAD HERE

TWANGO1 Beta 1.zip

I had @Doomkid play test my map and he had a couple ideas so expect a small update to MrTWANGO.wad soon. ;)

Aaaand.. Done!

Previous post has been updated with the newest version of MrTWANGO.wad ;)

Note* This map currently replaces MAP01 but you can put it in any slot you like. ;)

Edit ~ the current slot you have it in the Mega wad is fine. 

Also the Metallica midi you have set for my level has a warm place in my heart, thanks for that!

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Ha, funny choice of music for Quad Goal.    I thought the music I put in twangok.wad would be more fitting for Dwango5-04 Redux though.

@Redead-ITA Well my textures are in the twango beta 1 with additional textures I don't have.  So that's the set of textures you want to use.    But my latest uploads are in the lama0.zip.   My map wad (replacing 1,2,4,12,32) which has the textures it needs and yours.   And a wad of just textures and some resources.   But it's better to use Twango beta 1's texture set as your resources (It has my current up-to-date maps 1,2,4, and 12 but as different map numbers.)

Love the stary sky btw, nice! 

And all the texture work you guys have been doing. ;)

Man, I might just have to make another map.. :P

3 hours ago, Gokuma said:

I thought the music I put in twangok.wad would be more fitting for Dwango5-04 Redux though.

The moment I saw that troll face texture, I knew what I had to do ;P

4 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Also the Metallica midi you have set for my level has a warm place in my heart, thanks for that!

I was originally going to put a Tom Sawyer midi, but it was too big for vanilla Doom.

Did you try converting the Tom Sawyer midi to mus?   I had to do that for the Addams Family Theme.   I think around v1.666 Doom started supporting midis without them being converted to mus, but apparently it can't handle some, and the AF Theme crashed the game, but I think it can handle anything converted to mus.   You can find midi2mus on idgames and run it in dosbox.

Even Simpler is pretty awesome, especially with such a closer version of the Slayer South of Heaven.   Vicious was nuts, and damn that music was a good remix of Into Sandy's City.   Romero's void was great too.  Good all around.   A few switches and it's fully opened up.  Nice use of the black wood textures and good music.   Just at one point there's three secret sectors in a row for one secret and the exit needs an exit sign.   I just hit that switch right away first time I checked out the map, and found out Oh that's the exit.  LOL when I saw your title graphic for D5-04!   I was going to put "Counterfeited by Gokuma" though, heh, since I can't take credit for the original idea and layout.  What is the music for it though?   I find it more irritating than funny.   The troller getting trolled here.   Seems to have a little bit of a tropical bit to it but I can't place it.  I thought the Addams Family theme was hilarious for the map.

13 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Did you try converting the Tom Sawyer midi to mus?   I had to do that for the Addams Family Theme.   I think around v1.666 Doom started supporting midis without them being converted to mus, but apparently it can't handle some, and the AF Theme crashed the game, but I think it can handle anything converted to mus.   You can find midi2mus on idgames and run it in dosbox.

What is the music for it though?   I find it more irritating than funny.   The troller getting trolled here.   Seems to have a little bit of a tropical bit to it but I can't place it.  I thought the Addams Family theme was hilarious for the map.

I tried to convert it to MUS, but it was too big to convert, unfortunately.

And the music for map31. I'm surprised you don't recognize it. 

Ok, I've heard that tune before but I don't think with his low vocals and laughing.  Some movie has surely used that tune in its soundtrack.  Never seen that guy before.    His vocals are hilarious and most fitting, but the midi without them just doesn't carry over and is just irritating by itself.

Here's zip of a ton of midis and some converted to mus.   I didn't make any of these.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dhhcrxn4aqr1gdq/pileofmidis.zip/file

There's two versions of Tom Sawyer.   One that failed to convert and one that successfully converted to mus (so the original mid of it might work in Doom).   The one that failed to be converted had karaoke-like lyrics with timed highlighting pop up in my old Winamp player I'm using.   Never knew about that feature, ha!

I actually found two versions of Addams Family.   One is really simple crap with nothing approaching the right instrumentation and other one which I used but required converting to mus is freaking great, though it's only about a minute and 20 seconds.   Another funny one is Reggae Birthday Death March.   How's that for a fusion of genres?

Also used some good midis in this which aren't in that collection (They can be cycled through with the stereo in map37, for Zandronum or newer ZDooms only).

Edited by Gokuma

22wip.zip

Here's the original Dwango22 which I planned to finish, but dropped entirely to work on Bourgeois DM. Lots of good stuff here, and I see no real reason this and TWANGO shouldn't fuse into one large-and-proper DM megawad.

Map01 - substantial overhaul and improvement of MENACE2.WAD by Neil and Chase1.

Map02 - original map, reworked substantially in Bourgeois DM. Based on CATACLYS.WAD by Suicidal (Zeppmaster) from Oakland Dwango, but very different.

Map03 - an overhaul and improvement of ENEMY.WAD by Jeffry_EnEmY.

Map04 - original map by Joe_Ilya. (He gave permission for his maps to be used and for the grass effects to be removed from his maps so that they doesn't crash vanilla!)

Map05 - another Joe map.

Map06 - DW100A.WAD by Hellbent. He gave permission for it to be used.

Map07 - another Joe map.

Map08 - Deathmatch version of Ray Mohawk's Map01 that I never got around to finishing..

Map09 - REFINERY by OpenRift, already seems like it's being used here too and has been improved a bit since.

Map10 - another Joe map.

Map11 - DETHMATCH.WAD by RebelVodka. Permission was given to use this for Dwango22 - but since these two projects are going to merge (assuming you guys are willing) I'm sure it's fine to be used here as well.

Map12 - an original, but old and dated map by myself (originally in E1DEATHM.WAD). Feel free to chop and change as you see fit!

Map13 - map from BIGGER32.WAD that I planned to remaster, but never got around to it..

Map14 - another Joe map.

Map15 - DROPDEAD.WAD by Mike Spenard. Not sure exactly what I was planning with this one, could make for a cool secret map though since it's so underrated.

Hopefully you guys can salvage most of the meat from this bone and infuse it with the TWANGO project! (oh, also, I would be super happy if you guys could leave the MIDI selections for the maps. I absolutely MUST blast others to Led Zeppelin and AiC once this is complete.. :)

Edited by Doomkid

Did a small update to the map, i took most of the feedback Gokuma gave to me and added another Twango logo in the map.

Spoiler

Admittedly i wasn't really fond of the pogchamp replacing my drawn logo to be honest, but you guys do you.

also added a midi it's from The Prodigy - Smack my bitch up

Serverroomonfire.zip

That wasn't me.  Twangtxb.wad had your twango.   Anyway, looking better there.   That spot was losing a bit of the serverroom look for the fire, and now it has both.   Have you seen the comptwan and other comp textures I put in?

Edited by Gokuma

1 hour ago, Gokuma said:

That wasn't me.  Twangtxb.wad had your twango.   Anyway, looking better there.   That spot was losing a bit of the serverroom look for the fire, and now it has both.   Have you seen the comptwan and other comp textures I put in?

Oh yeah about those, I Tried adding them in but Chocodoom didn't seem to not find them for some reason, resulting in a error.

You should delete texture1 and pnames from your serverroomonfire.wad using Slade.  Then

whateverdoom -file twangtxb.wad serverroomonfire.wad

or

whateverdoom -file twangob1.wad serverroomonfire.wad

Or use Slade to copy all the flats, textures patches, and texture1 and pnames  entries from a wad and paste into serveroomonfire.wad

Just make sure you leave the sequence and order of entries of Map## through Blockmap of your map uninterfered with.  So have blockmap highlighted while you hit paste and everything will go below it.

Edited by Gokuma

1 hour ago, Gokuma said:

You should delete texture1 and pnames from your serverroomonfire.wad using Slade.

Ok so i did and it fixed it, so here is the map again, this time i have replaced the basic twango images with computer twangos

Serverroomonfire.zip