Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

BTW, you forgot to translate the "secret is revealed" message that appears in GZdoom and related ports. Also, there is still "press y to quit" when you want to exit the game.

5 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

BTW, you forgot to translate the "secret is revealed" message that appears in GZdoom and related ports. Also, there is still "press y to quit" when you want to exit the game.

The secret revealed message is tie to the port, not the game itself.

Release Candidate 3 is now available.

This version changes the following items:
Fixed a bug in Map 05 that would block the map if the player did not press the yellow button before leaving the window sill. (Big Problem)
Fixed some monster lockers to avoid potential voice punch overflow.
Fixed some automatic map cleaning issues and missing lines.
Added more network demons that are only used in multiplayer games.
Fixed some texture alignment issues.
Fix the problem of improper placement of candles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6lqqf97fcyotdq/SpainRC3.wad?dl=0

Need a hand here. Im trying to reach the secret exit at map15. I found the secret entrance (secret yellow door with a tasty megasphere),

but theres a wall in front of said mega, not sure if this is a bug (playing RC3), or some cryptic progress.

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/bGPXLpA

8 hours ago, Trustworthy Software said:

Release Candidate 3 is now available.

This version changes the following items:
Fixed a bug in Map 05 that would block the map if the player did not press the yellow button before leaving the window sill. (Big Problem)
Fixed some monster lockers to avoid potential voice punch overflow.
Fixed some automatic map cleaning issues and missing lines.
Added more network demons that are only used in multiplayer games.
Fixed some texture alignment issues.
Fix the problem of improper placement of candles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6lqqf97fcyotdq/SpainRC3.wad?dl=0

Hey guys, here is a wad with the ''proper'' translated skill levels to spanish.

Use it if you want, no need to credit me ;)
D2ISO.png.d63b2c3ec370f1b837da871b0964a7de.png
DificultitiesSpanish.zip
Hope you like them :D

Aside from that, are you planing on changing the INTERPIC and the BOSSBACK?

That would be cool for certain, and would be more fitting for the project, i think.

5 hours ago, Soulless said:

Need a hand here. Im trying to reach the secret exit at map15. I found the secret entrance (secret yellow door with a tasty megasphere),

but theres a wall in front of said mega, not sure if this is a bug (playing RC3), or some cryptic progress.

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/bGPXLpA

You have ONE more switch to find. Around the blue door area, you'll find that elusive switch. I took a lot of minutes to find it just now.

Congrats on the release, finally. Can't wait to play maps made by Alfonzo South America McGee, AD_79 El Pedersen and of course the one and only Tarnsman Juan Romero! Viva España!

8 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Stuff

Thanks. The Google Translated difficulty names didn't fit on the screen for non Zdoom engines that's why they were scrapped. These do fit. Will use and credit.

Might do a new bossback or intermission screen if we feel like it.

42 minutes ago, Tarnsman said:

Thanks. The Google Translated difficulty names didn't fit on the screen for non Zdoom engines that's why they were scrapped. These do fit. Will use and credit.

Thanks, Tarns :)

Glad you liked them ;)

42 minutes ago, Tarnsman said:

Might do a new bossback or intermission screen if we feel like it.

Hope you guys come with something as good as the TITLEPIC.

This mapset is probably the best serious joke-wad we had in long time since Kama Sutra.

And its even better that its made by some of the community best mappers.

One questions thoug:

why use a bex patch intead of a dehacked patch, being a vanilla mapset, wouldn't it need a proper dehacked patch compatible with the original .exe?

Probably its because of the translated strings, i understand that.

But if you guys need it, i could work on a vanilla friendly dehacked with some of the translations you already use, or make some new that fit the space properly.

Whoever did this secret deserves to be burned, surrounded by 420 archviles...

35 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Technically it's my responsibility because I said 0/0 secret is not good for vanilla sets :P

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

One questions thoug:

why use a bex patch intead of a dehacked patch, being a vanilla mapset, wouldn't it need a proper dehacked patch compatible with the original .exe?

Probably its because of the translated strings, i understand that.

But if you guys need it, i could work on a vanilla friendly dehacked with some of the translations you already use, or make some new that fit the space properly.

Yeah it's the string length. If you want to try to fit it within vanilla string limits, by all means, I'll put it in for more vanilla compat. It wasn't a high priority because it's supposed to be a bootleg version (Save Game on the menu was almost in Chinese) so having things just missing like that is part of the package.

By the way. The red key string is translated as "rojo", which it's "roja" instead...like this: "Necesitas una llave roja para usar esta puerta".

13 hours ago, Tarnsman said:

Yeah it's the string length. If you want to try to fit it within vanilla string limits, by all means, I'll put it in for more vanilla compat. It wasn't a high priority because it's supposed to be a bootleg version (Save Game on the menu was almost in Chinese) so having things just missing like that is part of the package.

Done! ;)
D2iso_Deh_patches.zip

Patches are in ''Ultimate Doom 1.9'' format (in case there is a plan for a ''Ultimate Doom in Spain Only'' someday :P).

Fully compatible both with original .exe

There are two patches:

-patch A fully respect the map names, but doesn't show the map slots (example automap: ''Pasillos de debajo'', ''Estado tracendente'', etc.)

-patch B two map names are cut off (map21, map28) but it shows map slots and all maps show their respective gfx lump name (example automap: ''2:Pasillos de debajo'', ''21:Estado Tracende'', ''28:El mundo de los espitiru'')

Both patches has all the bex strings that where translated, but fixed to better fit the strings limits, retranslate some meaning to better understanding, and i left some ''broken spanish'' for some where it seemed funny enough.

Only strings that i wasn't able to translate where the exit game messages, as those are only accesible on bex format.

Well, I just finished recording the last map of the set and, it was a blast for the mapset in overall terms. 

Gotta say that, aside of jokes, this is a great megawad that people need to play it. However, it has its moments...like getting lost in map 13, the downtown area for example.

The music, while it has some uh...inspiration taken from somewhere, it's actually good to listen to it. I like some midis like "The Rain in Spain" or "La Tomatina" and, using a soundfont is even better.

BTW, found a couple of things that probably need to be fixed...something minor.

This area should be marked as a secret when it's a hidden area that I found casually.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210328_181350.png

A small misalignment....that's map 23, I think.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210328_132722.png

On 3/27/2021 at 10:14 PM, leodoom85 said:

Eh. It could have been worse: the secret room could have been empty!

I get an error trying to run RC Final in dsda-doom 0.18.0. In the terminal output I see:

R_InitData: Textures 
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 820 in texture SP_BRK36
R_InitTextures: The file SpainRCFinal.wad seems to be incompatible with "DOOM 2: Hell on Earth".
R_InitTextures: 1 errors

Previous versions worked fine for me.

Spoiler

1590079683_D2ISOMAP12SoutheastWindow.png.94463e022e1985f26c543bb12d11a352.png

I'm playing RC3, so disregard if this has already been fixed: In the MAP12 central hub, 3 of the 4 windows are Impassable, but it's possible to walk through the the southeast window.

-

From the midis to the menu text to the pickup messages, I gotta respect the commitment to the bit. All through E1, I had two conflicting thoughts.

1: This is an absurd shitpost.
2: These levels are phenomenal.

After some time with the set, I can only conclude: ¿Por qué no los dos?

Great mapset indeed! I'd say it's a bit better than d2twid in overall quality, and by loading a custom music wad alongside it that isn't as annoying as the packaged soundtrack, I forgot I was playing a "joke" wad and started to appreciate it more. The novelty of the music wore off pretty fast, but the levels are mostly top stuff.

5 hours ago, Uncle 80 said:

by loading a custom music wad

Yeah yeah, I appreciate your effort to make this more enjoyable.

/s

Bug (or feature):

Map 20 (using spainRCfinal.wad) : You can skip the switch sequence and the blue key in the cage at the start, as the blue door doesn't require a key to activate it. :)