Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Two episodes down, three more to go.  Then I just have to play through all the other games lol 

I don't play Keyboard only because I think that's the "intended" way. Doom was always designed for mouse controls and I know that. I just learned keyboard as a kid and stuck with it out of inertia/laziness. The lack of smooth turning and relatively harder circle strafing makes for interesting tactical choices compared to WASD/mouse anyway.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know what kind of times other keyboard holdouts can get.

Here's a video where I play a dumb Doom PK3 file named TheRevengeSIH.pk3:

And here's my 19th random Doom WAD double feature, with one of them being bad, while the other is strange:

I got a VR headset this weekend (finally, after 2 years of wanting one) and got GZDoomOpenVR running on it.  I plan to stream it some soon so I made a quick and dirty stream setup test.  It's very rough and the screen layout might be completely different when I finalize it (the audio will certainly be improved), this is just a test run to see how my old GTX 980 would handle playing it and running OBS at the same time.  It ran pretty well :)

Things that definitely need improvement:

1. Remember to switch off Oculus reprojection to get rid of the annoying warble effect. (You can actually see this a bit even in the thumbnail)
  2. Ditch the on screen chat since I will have the wrist mounted chat in game.
  3. Either make graphics for right panel or set Oculus mirror to center and put graphics on either side.  (16x9 is not a good option because it would mean having to cut off the top and bottom of the screen)

If anyone has any other tips I'll gladly hear them :)

Did a bit of a VR livestream with a few Ultimate Doom maps to warm up then the first 4 maps of Alien Vendetta.  There were a few hiccups to start out and the mic quality is terrible (I think it used the Rift mic even though I had a audio headset plugged in), but I'll work on it in the future.

Deimos Forgotten Storage Pit by @PeterMoro in VR.

I changed my screen ratio from 16:9 because the Oculus mirror was cutting off the top and bottom of the view pretty badly.  This is still not a 1:1 view of my right eye camera in game, but it's closer to what I actually see.  Added blurred sidebars to fill out the scene.