Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

DOOM, DOOM II & DOOM 3 Limited Run PS4/Switch

Just announced Doom Classics for Switch and PS4.

Looks nice. Pre-Orders go live April 2nd 

IMG_6137.JPG

Limited Run it's killing it with thoses Specials Editions, make me feel nostalgic about all thoses Big Box. And the Floopy USB it's a beuauty.

Wanna see more of the Keycard, thou!

And now, Switch only need a Phisical Edition for complete all games there.

this hurts me. I own the Doom 1 and 2 port on PC, I own all three ports on PS4, and I dont own a Switch.

But I want that damn key, so I can hide it all over the house after locking the door

Since i was never able to get the original Bigbox of the Classics, this truly something worth for me :)

Oh it is pricy haha, i'll see which Version makes "Sense" .

I wonder what is actually on these discs. What I mean is what version is on the disc? Will it contain Master Levels, Final Doom, NRFTL etc.........

Just now, Eurisko said:

I wonder what is actually on these discs. What I mean is what version is on the disc? Will it contain Master Levels, Final Doom, NRFTL etc.........

If they are in Switch and PS4, i'm 100% secure that will be the port version, so you will be able to download the master levels, final doom, and more add ons already included. 

Doom 3 versions it's the BFG 2.0 Edition ( The one released to PS4, XBOX ONE, Switch)

13 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Likely completely empty.

EDIT: referring to the USB 'disc'. The actual disc would contain just the ports fully patched.

Okay.

Usually I don't break out the wallet for this stuff.

But I may give one exception to this.

Too bad the ship time is so far out after the preorder window closes.  Would definitely buy if it weren't for the fact I have to move in August.

Dammit, on the day my PS4/Switch copies of Doom 64 arrive. You can't keep doing this to me, guys!

On 3/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, DaAndroid614 said:

i want it so fucking bad

btw here's the super duper big pack:

image.png.dca01ce1a9cdedec79ea0a81f9abaf6d.png

I jumped on it man. . . I really hope you can get one as well bro! 😣

So my special edition finally came in the mail the other day, and man, is it

Neat.
Just neat.
Not fantastic, not amazing, not awesome, neat.
Have I become so jaded that something that I was looking forward to has lost all of its luster? As neat as it is to finally be able to read the DOOM Comic in my hands on paper, to have these nifty posters, to have a crappy metal keycard and USB drive, was it worth it? Were the 90 dollars total I spent worth it just to say "Hey, I can finally play the DOOM games on ONE cartridge"? 
I don't even know anymore.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:54 AM, Agent Slacker said:

So my special edition finally came in the mail the other day, and man, is it

Neat.
Just neat.
Not fantastic, not amazing, not awesome, neat.

haha glad you're enjoying it.

Mine is still under Production :(

$32.99 for Shipping :>

Can't they settle also in Europe?:P

My Switch Special Edition arrived on the 24th. Overall, I am very satisfied with this box set.

Photo:

Spoiler

20220124_212520.jpg.0e51722ddac7ea004b2c6e6f6016e991.jpg

Here are my comments on the individual items:

• Outer slipcase: Smooth and glossy with metallic logos. Note that this is only a very thin, flimsy slipcase that requires the inner box for support.
  • Inner two-piece box: Made of thick, sturdy cardboard. Features metallic, embossed logos on the front, sides, and top of the box.
  • Reversible cover insert: Excellent print quality.
  • Full-color manual: Includes the stories of all 3 games, along with descriptions of their weapons, items, and enemies. I like how images of the DOOM 3 equivalents of the classic DOOM monsters are included in the enemies section. There's a minor printing mistake where the DOOM 3 security card is shown under the sections for both DOOM 1/2 and 3. Also, the enemy descriptions are from the SNES manual (e.g., the Cacodemon has one "horrendously" big mouth).
  • SteelBook: I don't collect SteelBooks, so I can't say how the quality of this one compares to others, but it seems nice enough to me. The case has a metallic finish.
  • DOOM Shareware Disk USB drive: Cute novelty that imitates the appearance of a DOOM Shareware floppy well enough.
  • PVC keychain: It's rubbery and has nice detail.
  • Metal keycard replica: This is the weakest item in the whole set. It's made of heavy metal and is very solid, but the paint simply does not stay on it. Mine arrived with the paint slightly missing on all corners (this isn't really noticeable in the photo), exposing the silver metal underneath, and light handling is enough to make the red paint fall off. It's nice to look at, and the detail is great, but I don't recommend handling it much, unless you're okay with repainting it.
  • Art prints: I think these are gorgeous. They are very glossy, and the artwork is extremely sharp. The DOOM 3 art print differs a bit from the initial design; it now depicts the classic DOOM 3 Hell Knight cover and is landscape oriented.
  • DOOM Comic reprint: The cover is thin cardboard (as opposed to paper), giving the book a bit of support, and the pages are glossy. The print quality is decent, although some colors and outlines are a bit grainy.

my collector's edition came in the mail today

image:

Spoiler

IMG_20220301_122451.jpg.b2106572adcfa96df0b348a3a16c8146.jpg

from left to right and top to bottom, and anything i think is notable about each thing:
outer box, holds everything else in the package, it has a window which lets you see into the light-up display and holes in the side to let you use its controls
light up display, has a power switch that lights up and lets you use the button below the switch to play At Doom's Gate, below the button is a micro USB plug (cable not included), which is presumably to power it since it uses 3 AA batteries (included)
outer sleeve and two-part box, holds everything else pictured
doom 1/2/3 posters
doom comic reprint
game case, features reversible cover art with doom 1's cover instead, strangely says it's a strictly 1-player game on the back even though doom 1 and 2 support up to 4 player multiplayer
steelbook case, features that face graphic all the way around besides the title on the spine and 3 logos on the back
game cartridge
red keycard (mine did not have the paint chipping issue the above post mentioned)
doomguy keychain, seems to be modeled after DE's iteration of the classic doomguy design
manual
floppy disc USB drive
card

Edited by DaAndroid614

Awsome, mine is somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean... Well, at least i hope it is over the Ocean :P

Finally got my copy yesterday. My mom thought my brother would've rather liked it, and was amused at E1M1 playing.

It should be noted my mother knows absolutely nothing about Doom, other than the movie.

I got mine today. Totally confused on the "floppy" design. It's supposed to be a USB drive but I can't figure out how it's supposed to be used. :P

Edit (9 minutes later): Finally figured it out. I was pulling and pushing it the wrong way... push it the other way and it came out. I almost swore I'd break the darn "disk" just trying to get it to work. Unfortunately it's really boring with an empty pre-formatted FAT partition. Might've been nice to put the DOS games on it or something. Maybe I'll do that myself.

Edited by chungy

Mine have also arrived.  For some reason I ordered both versions in the full collectors edition and can't figure out why I did that.  Guess I'll have to find out at some point if the outer box and light box have any actual value.

Update from Limited Run

Long story short, if you try and run them on a Switch or PS4 that's never connected to the internet it'll constantly demand that you sign into a Nintendo or PSN account. If that affects you and you don't plan on ever connecting your console to the internet, you can hit up Limited Run to exchange your cart/disc for a fixed one up until May 9th.