Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asephilocity

Another poll

What type of music do you like best?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What type of music do you like best?

• Punk
    • Metal
    • Country
    • Classical
    • Rap
    • Blues Or Jazz
    • WOW, THIS POLL SUCKS!

German industrial (Rammstein) / German uh...Death whatever (Das Ich) / some Techno (Funker Vogt only) / Rock (Korn, Godsmack, tons of other bands) and tons of other music types.

The poll is incomplete. You left "Aztec ceremonial dances" off the picture...

Grazza said:

Metal. The louder and faster the better.

I assume you know Skyclad then... that one's among my favorite bands.

I didnt think Funker Vogt counted as techno.
Yeah we need more options up there. Where's the 80's and synthpop and darkwave?

none of the above...

i mostly like electronica kind of stuff- like plaid or boards of canada or ladytron. i recently got lemonjelly's new album. which kicks arse. squrepusher, if i'm in the mood for some noise. radiohead. i love the pixies. i'm also partial to a bit of weezer.

i used to listen to stuff like deftones and incubus when i was a teen, but i grew out of that in a big way.

so there.

Other: Electronica/techno/house and Japanese pop music. Specifically Kraftwerk, Juan Atkins, Kraftwerk, George Acosta, Kraftwerk, DJ Frankie Knuckles, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Kraftwerk, Minister, Kraftwerk, Trance[]Control, Utada Hikaru, Oda Kazumasa, Ayumi Hamasaki, Megumi Hayashibara, TM Revolution, and Two-Mix.

i mostly like electronica kind of stuff- like plaid or boards of canada or ladytron. i recently got lemonjelly's new album. which kicks arse. squrepusher, if i'm in the mood for some noise. radiohead. i love the pixies. i'm also partial to a bit of weezer.

Sounds a bit like you're into IDM. I've listened to some IDM, though most of it I didn't particularly favor. Boards of Canada are quite nice though. I like the "hazy" feel to thier music. IMHO the 'Phex is the best as far as Idm goes.

BBG said:

German industrial (Rammstein) / German uh...Death whatever (Das Ich) / some Techno (Funker Vogt only) / Rock (Korn, Godsmack, tons of other bands) and tons of other music types.

HELL YEA

Dingus Khan said:

Sounds a bit like you're into IDM.

ah yes, i believe that is what you call it ion the other side of the atlantic. aphex twin is cool too. chris cunningham has done some great music vids for him.

Skinny Puppy and Ohgr - more leaning towards industrial. No, there are not enough options. But I choose metal - Statix-X and Coal Chamber.

My fave is not on the list. I like Drum & Bass currently. I'm also a big fan of rock, metal, and 80's tunes (because I grew up in the 80's).

Classical is the most overwhelmingly impressive genre. Nothing else comes close. I see a huge correlation between kids who listen to death/metal music and bullies, kids who obviously hate themselves. Most of the metalheads I've seen are the kids of people who are into self-mutilation and self-loathing messages.

Like WT_ is the trend with filling one's mind with the most negative, deathy messages possible. It's like that backwards trend, where bad becomes good. Find the worst music possible and call it the best. Find the best eating habits and call it the worst food. Teenagers these days seem to worship backwardness more than anything.

Rats, I wandered off-topic again.

I dont like rap either, but it bugs me that no one has voted for it yet. I'd like to think DW has some diversity.

You've managed to exclude just about all of my favourite genres there. Mind if I add some choices with my 1337 mod skillz?

Demons Hand said:

Dose any one like Acid Bath?

Why yes I do.

BBG said:

German industrial (Rammstein) / German uh...Death whatever (Das Ich) / some Techno (Funker Vogt only) [/b] ]

I don't agree with these genres! Rammstein is German metal, and Das Ich or :w: are industrial! Funker Vogt is NOT techno, fucking Moby is techno.

There are good pieces of music in just about every genre, but I like Eletronica/Game Music the most. Certain classical pieces are good too. I enjoy a lot music without lyrics.