Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

Limited Run: Doom Switch Physical Collector's Box

Starting to regret getting the eShop versions instantly, though granted, it also means I can keep these collector's editions sealed. :P

I'm seriously thinking about doing it.

Man why do they make cool shit like this just for Switch. Needs to be a PC version too with a Steam download code inside or something. I'd buy it then.

The Shadow Box is just instant nerddom. I mean, that's just fancy as all hell. I'd buy that standalone in a heartbeat. A lit-up tile that plays Doom music. I''d love it. Good party piece, too.

12 hours ago, Nevander said:

Man why do they make cool shit like this just for Switch. Needs to be a PC version too with a Steam download code inside or something. I'd buy it then.

There also a PS4 Version, but yeah, they should add a version to the Steam Version, even the Bethesda Launcher version.

Honestly, the games itself are irrelevant to me. @Redneckerz was right, the shadow box is the moneyshot. Comic reprint is fucking awesome too. I own Doom on so many platforms that I couldn't give 2 shits about a physical copy but I don't have a metal red keycard!

Edited by xvertigox

God damn, I can feel the devil's temptation gnawing at my soul. I need that comic book!

Even though I don't own a Switch or PS4, I'm oddly tempted, if only for the comic reprint and other extras...

DAMN I was agonizing over it and finally pulled the trigger. Doom comic book, here I come!

Ordering is live and I've just put mine in! Time to forget about for months and months until it finally shows up.

Edit:

On 3/31/2021 at 9:13 PM, Murdoch said:

Kind of want even though i have no switch.

Buy it and sell the Switch games ;o

Not going for the feelies editions, but I did grab the Switch and PS4 physicals. Always good to have a backup :P

Hopefully just preordered the Special Edition.

The shadowbox is cool and stuff but $65.69aud for a shadowbox is really too much for me at the moment.

Gonna nab this, but admittedly I'm curious on three points:

• Doom or Ultimate Doom?
  • Is Final Doom included?
  • Doom 3 regular or BFG Edition?

A little clarification would be cool, but I'm buying it regardless.

2 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Gonna nab this, but admittedly I'm curious on three points:

• Doom or Ultimate Doom?
  • Is Final Doom included?
  • Doom 3 regular or BFG Edition?

A little clarification would be cool, but I'm buying it regardless.

I think that these are basically physical versions of the recent unity ports of the classic Doom games. 

In which case, the answers to your questions would be:

• Ultimate Doom
  • These unity ports of Ultimate Doom & Doom 2 have a in-game add-on system that allows you to download and play various additional WADs. This includes TNT: Evilution, Plutionia, The Master Levels, No Rest For the Living, plus several community created WADs. 
  • BFG Edition, so the base game + Resurrection of Evil + The Lost Levels. 

I hope that helps.

Hmm. That might be interesting - and tricky - for me, since I jailbroke my Switch and that makes Nintendo very unhappy.

Granted, their online stuff is actually pretty much a rip-off... but if it goes through that, then yeah, I'd probably have to add the WADs myself.

I've already gone ahead and purchased this despite having purchased these games digitally on the Switch. I feel like such a filthy consumer, but at the same time, it's nice knowing that I have a physical backup for the impending Armageddon that I can plug into my Switch.

*bump*

Just got a dispatch notice on this - woop! I'm most interested to check out the new printing of the comic - I wonder if they had access to the original artwork? Will dig out my original for a proper comparison.

Mine arrived an hour ago, but i didn't had the time to open the package yet.

Okay, I've had a good look at all this now. Highlights: shadow box, replica key, art prints. The comic is actually a little disappointing - this isn't (as I was hoping) a facsimile of the original, and it's smaller than a standard size comic, I guess so it would fit in the game box. The material is very nice though - proper cardstock throughout. Still, it's a nice thing to have. My only real gripe is that there isn't a manual - I'd have loved a reprint of the original manuals.

@durian That's awesome that you got yours already! I'm eagerly awaiting mine after getting the shipping info a while back. I'm a bit sad about the comic, like you I expected it be basically a reprint of the original but oh well. The manuals would have been nice too. Are you gonna get the posters framed? I've ordered the Quake Switch ultra collectors too and I'll put both it and the Doom pieces on a small display table.

Did you guys get T&Ts for your orders? I got an email saying update your address by Feb 17th but no subsequent dispatched or T&T emails?

I probably will get them framed at some point - not in a rush though, the shadow box is wall-mountable, so that'll do for now. I also ordered the Quake set - I need to figure out an effective way to get the pixel nin logo on that ammo box...

Yes I had a dispatch notice and tracking number etc.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, xvertigox said:

pFXqfxO.png

Anyone else getting this?

It'd be cooler if it wasn't for Switch but tbh, the games are the least important things here IMO.

Yes I did get this and the new one just came in yesterday