Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

Metal news

I just got a copy of this months guitar world and they had in interview with Dime Bag Darrell (The guitar player for Pantera). He saying that Pantera is going to break up.

Heh, not that I've really kept in touch with the metal scene lately (except for checking a few gothic or doom metal bands here or there) but if you ask me what's unusual is that Pantera still exists.

It's time Pantera quit. It is a terrific band and I'd hate to see them fade away slowly. Their last album wasn't too good, although it wasn't really bad either. But to prevent the band from dying slowly, without people noticing in the end, I think it's better they quit. Besides, Philip Anselmo already has a couple of other bands he could pick up with (Down, Superjoint Ritual). And those bands kick ass too.

Yeah, all those break-ups aren't that sad in the end.

Faith no More might be no more, but now we have Dillinger Escape Plan.

Yeah, all those break-ups aren't that sad in the end.

Faith no More might be no more, but now we have Dillinger Escape Plan.

*Correction. Mike Patton did not join The Dillinger Escape Plan. That was a one cd project. The Dillinger Escape Plan will have a new vocalist on their next release. Irony is a Dead Scene was more of a side project. There was also Calculating Infinity which came out before Irony and it had a different vocalist as well.

In the future the Patton legacy will continue becaue Bungle still lives.

Demons Hand said:

I just got a copy of this months guitar world and they had in interview with Dime Bag Darrell (The guitar player for Pantera). He saying that Pantera is going to break up.

Yeah, I had heard about that. Something about 2 members of the band being disinterested in Pantera now (ie: haven't spoken to the rest of the band in 6 months or something), so Dimebag and the other guy were forming a new band (can't remember the name of it now).

Dingus Khan said:

In the future the Patton legacy will continue becaue Bungle still lives.

And Fantomas and Tomahawk :)

Dingus Khan said:

The Dillinger Escape Plan will have a new vocalist on their next release. Irony is a Dead Scene was more of a side project. There was also Calculating Infinity which came out before Irony and it had a different vocalist as well.

Dmitri has been with DEP since the beginning and AFAIK he'll be on their 5th album as well. (Provided he doesn't totally trash his voice by the time it's written. I don't imagine it'll last more than a few more years at the rate he's going.)

fraggle said:

rock is dead

Hmm, you must have spent the afternoon listening to the Zwan album like I did.

Hey Demons Hand, you don't happen to have the back isue of Guitar World with David King's "Michaelangelo" guitar on the cover, do ye?

IMJack said:

Hey Demons Hand, you don't happen to have the back isue of Guitar World with David King's "Michaelangelo" guitar on the cover, do ye?

How far back is it. I started buying GW about 3 monsts ago.