Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ezxariarch

How do I Align da lower texture???

I got an map editing question. I made a map with windows and indentations. when I was aligning da textures Y offsets
I wuz only able to align da Upper texture and not da lower, or da other way arround....Any suggestions???

Quick Question...

WHICH THEME FOR A MAP WOULD BEH MORE INTERESTING?

1. Techno (UAC stuff)
2. Medieval (gothic)
3. Alien (organic)
4. Alien (tech)
5. Hell
6. Nature
7. Present
8. Mix of everything =P

On the alignment thing, I dunno, it's been awhile since I've been mapping, since i'm still thinking of a goddamned story for that heretic project of mine... anywho, for your theme question, I like medieval themes, but that's cause I'm a heretic junky. For doom, I'd like to see some good Hell maps.

That's what the upper and lower unpegged flags are for. They might have different names in different editors, but they should be called something like that. Anyway, to properly align a window, set both of the flags. Experiment on your own a bit, it's kinda hard to explain.

Yeah, the answer you have had is correct.

If you have a "window" sector in a wall, to get both the upper and lower textures to align with those at the sides of the window, set the y offset of the window line to be the same as the y offset of the lines either side of the window (more likely than not 0) and set both the upper and lower texture of the window line to be unpegged.

Interesting themes. Well most of them have been done a lot already (doesn't mean we don't need more though).

"Nature" sounds the most "interesting" because it is probably the most novel idea. Although, I must say I'm not entirely sure what you mean by it. This doesn't necessarily mean it will make a good level, but it seems like it might be an interesting idea.

I guess making it a good level is down to you. ;-)

Heh... you wait for Ling to make the new upload page. In other words, you'll be lucky if you see it by the end of the year :)