Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

Brothers

This is my car. Wow. But wait! There's a slight peculiarity. Yes, in this pic I have crudely added an 'L' plate in Paint to show how this car is now being used to teach my brother how to drive.

Now, I love my brother. He's 17, nearly 18 in fact, and now he wants to drive. Fair enough. I let him learn on my small car. So what does he do? He wrecks second gear by driving too fast in it, after I warned him about it. I think I will need a new gearbox, all of about £500.

So what do I do? Shout my head off? I really wanted to. I rehearsed and everything. But when I saw him at the weekend (also my 20th bday) he just looked so apologetic I hugged him! I was thinking, wtf? I should be smacking him senseless here. What's going on? What's wrong with me? Pfah.

So my question is, did you ever have similar experience? did you ever get really angry with your siblings, but found you just let it go in the end for some reason? Or are relations bad?

car_learn.jpg

Here's a picture of my car!

oh btw... You are feeling guilty that you were going to yell at your brother...

Me and my older brother get along fine. My little brother I don't even think of as little anymore (he's as tall as me, for cryin' out loud), and he often tends to get his own way, despite what I or anyone else say to the contrary. In a word, spoiled.

Shav: heh, maybe that is the reason. I never thought of that.

Zal: Damnit I have to have that air freshner! Where can I buy it?

At your age pritch beating you bro would be stuped.All of the fights that you two got in when you were little were ok. Becouse you were little but now it just be stuped. Make him pay for the car.

Btw this is my car

I know me and my big bro have gone through this on many an occasion. The only example that springs to mind is (a poor example) when he drank my cola before leaving for work.

I lost my temper towards my younger bro a lot when we were small (he's 20 now - two years younger than me) - I mentioned in another thread that I once grapped him and banged him repeatedly into a wall because he halfway made me a looney.
I also remember screaming and snarling at him a lot on many other occasions.

Nowadays we get along really fine - he's almost like a friend to me now.

[QUOTE]Demons Hand said:
[B]At your age pritch beating you bro would be stuped.All of the fights that you two got in when you were little were ok. Becouse you were little but now it just be stuped. Make him pay for the car.

I can't stand my brother. He's two years younger than me (he's 18) but he my younger sister (15) is more responsible than him. He sleeps in the living room (and complains when anyone else goes in there), blares his music when he takes a shower (which last upwards of 2 hours), erases important files on the PC at will, and generally throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get his way. He wrecked his car just over a year ago, and so I have to share mine with him... and right now the dipshit is out driving around just for the hell of it while all of the roads are frozen over. I swear to god, if anything happens to that truck I'll kill him.

The only consolation I have is that he's leaving to join the army in about a week. Let them deal with him...

[QUOTE]Demons Hand said:
[B]

Demons Hand said:

At your age pritch beating you bro would be stuped.All of the fights that you two got in when you were little were ok. Becouse you were little but now it just be stuped. Make him pay for the car.

You feel the need to (badly) quote yourself now?

My car (well not really, mine is a 2-door, with different wheels, but it's the same color):

EDIT: Oh yeah, brothers? I have three, and I only hate one of them.

Heh, fx, a DOOM DM player recently wrecked his sister's car. We got the other side of the story there. At least your brother is OK. I'm not sure you'd be thinking much about your car (I assume you have insurance anyway) had your brother died or been crippled in the process.

I'm in good terms with my elder brother, but I deal with my younger brother only indirectly. But i live with neither of them, so I don't see them much.

fodders said:

My older brother hung me once when I was around 10, neighbour cut me down :P

Heh, my little brother took a hammer once and slammed it right into my right middle finger. Then the little bastard had the gall to laugh at me and run in the house. :P
Eventually the nail fell off, and regrew itself. I don't think I ever forgave him for that.

Heh, when I was about 4 year old, me and my brother were in the sandbox (he was 7), I was digging a hole with a post hole digger and accidently hit his little toe with it in the sand. Ahh, the good old days...

If having an older brother or younger brother is tough, try having a twin! I have my brother in two of my classes and it's not always fun, although he's who I usually talk to the most, especially in Spanish class.

EDIT: NM, I hate my brother. Stupid Anti-Doom *$#@#!!!

fodders:
My older brother hung me once when I was around 10, neighbour cut me down :P

Is your brothers name brodders?!
:-D

When I was a kid my and my little bro shared a room. When he got pissed (this happens a lot) He would go In to owr room and break things. Most of the time my stuff even if I wasent the one that pissed him off.I'd come in to the room and GI joes,Tranceformers and He-man toys would be ripped apart. I had to rebuy all of my toyes.

I'm a middle child. My older sister pushed me around because she could get away with it, and my little sister always teamed up with my older sister against me. It really affected my little sister's personality. She gets her way, and God help you if she thinks you're making fun of her. *sigh*

Both of my sisters are gonna move to Chicago within two years. My aunt jokes that we're the boomerang generation (both of my parents grew up in Chicago and left 24 years ago) and that I'll end up living there two. Mine sisters have expressed discomfort with the idea, and I'm fairly sure we're gonna make each other's lives hell if Fate does bring me to Chi-town.

Oh, and I've offered to let my sister practice driving in my car, but she hasn't tried to drive at all since driver's ed. She's coming up on 18 years old now. :/

I feel bad now.. but I did whip a Wrench at my younger brothers head when I was like 12. WTF was I thinking?

Anger management? pfft...