Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tarnsman

[Mapping Contest] 10 Years of Doom - Winners Announced

Educated-Guess Tip: If you're making a Boom-compatible map I would strongly advise testing in PR+ or Eternity, the latter tending to be Tarnsman's default for such things. Though the whole "Ports Tested" thing kinda resolves that somewhat.

Oh my that sounds like another great excuse to make a map :p

Dang. Good luck to all the participants! Some good stuff to come from this, for sure.

The prizes of second place and third place are the same, which is killing me lol. You should make it 251 and 249 :p

Anyway, Tarns is throwing big to get some good maps out of this it seems. Good luck with everything about the contest.

I participated in Jimmy's contest, so I might as well participate in this one.

1 minute ago, Alfonzo said:

I swear to God if any of you swarming, nameless, ingrate weirdos profit off of making me undergo another fucking sex change you're going to foot the bill.

There's... a story behind that statement, and I'm not sure I wanna know...

A 1,000 dollars first place? I just want to see what map wins because I want to play it, like if it gets 1,000 dollars then it must be good

Impressive prize pool tho second place should be worth a tad more than third but whatever it ain't my money.

12 hours ago, Tarnsman said:
  • Please do not fall into the trap of more = better. Generally speaking I will enjoy a map that does a lot with 100 monsters far more than a map that's a slog with 1,000 monsters. If you're going to submit a massive map, it should have a reason to be a massive map (i.e. it feels like a proper exploratory adventure, etc.)

I love this suggestion.

I'll bite, I'm always down to build! It's been a minute since I've done anything in GZDoom though so this'll be fun.

Edited by MDevlin

Alas, I missed the opportunity to participate in the Jimmy contest, but I hope to take a part here (but I can’t guarantee).
This is a good time to go back to Doom mapping. I don't know what it will be, but I have only GZDoom-ish techbases in my mind...