Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Tenth Gear" A Doomworld Speedmapping Community Project (Now on Idgames!)

My map seems to have different music to what I submitted it with: potentially some fracas with the MIDI organization or the MAPINFO?

Well hot damn, that was quick. Can we do it again, but with a longer time limit?

Just played through the whole thing - fastest megaWAD ever? Couple things to be fixed...

muumi's and El Inferno's map names seem to be mixed up (I played Inferno's entry prior)

My map's name is "If At First You Don't Succeed..." (If that proves to be too long of a title, "WTF" might suffice. lol)

MAP20 and MAP21 share the same MIDI, and being back-to-back seems off. One of them could use a different MIDI.

It would definitely be encouraged for everyone to come up with titles for their maps, unless that is the spirit of the project. :)

Edited by Dunn & Dunn

10 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

My map seems to have different music to what I submitted it with: potentially some fracas with the MIDI organization or the MAPINFO?

I am SO sorry man, I just fixed it and updated it on the OP.

Can't wait to try it, but what's keeping the wad from being boom compatible exactly?

Ok guys, I got kind of confused when tried to compile the maps and might have named a couple of them wrong. I also apologize if I got a couple peoples maps confused. I'm trying lol. This is new territory for me. And what's keeping it from being Boom compatible is the fact that when I load it with pr-boom it tells me "Uknown patch TITLEPIC"

@Dunn & Dunn added the name to yours.

Just now, Dubbag said:

Ok guys, I get kind of confused when try to compile the maps and might have named a couple of them wrong. I also apologize if I got a couple peoples maps confused. I'm trying lol. This is new territory for me. And what's keeping it from being Boom compatible is the fact that when I load it with pr-boom it tells me "Uknown patch TITLEPIC"

@Dunn & Dunn added the name to yours.

you have to convert your titlepic to doom format.

1 minute ago, Egg Boy said:

you have to convert your titlepic to doom format.

oooooohhhh. ok doing it now.

Holy, I just looked at the WAD in SLADE - I was hoping you'd be able to get rid of all the unused custom textures, cause I spent an hour fumbling around trying to get only the textures and flats used. I'll probably reupload my entry with only the used assets and you can use that. :)

3 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Holy, I just looked at the WAD in SLADE - I was hoping you'd be able to get rid of all the unused custom textures, cause I spent an hour fumbling around trying to get only the textures and flats used. I'll probably reupload my entry with only the used assets and you can use that. :)

I was going to delete the unused assets, but didn't know how many of them your map needed. I figured you wouldnt leave them in there if they werent important.

How did this happen? Man I really screwed everyone in this sorry guys...

Here's what I used in the map:

ALLBLAKF, ALLBLACK, FLOOR46E, GOTHMT1F, LITGTHB1, SUPP516B, SUPP516A, STEP1GY, SKYNDO3A

And the classic DOORBLU, DOORRED, and DOORYEL textures.

Don't stress out, buddy. :) Take your time in getting things fixed. We could have a MAP33 and onwards if more than 32 was sent.

These are way more fun than I expected! Love cruising through super short maps with interesting challenges.

@Dubbag - my MIDI for "DEAR LORD" is playing just fine, but not my MIDI for "OHAIMARK". Appreciate you putting this together!

2 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

These are way more fun than I expected! Love cruising through super short maps with interesting challenges.

@Dubbag - my MIDI for "DEAR LORD" is playing just fine, but not my MIDI for "OHAIMARK". Appreciate you putting this together!

I'm gla you liked it regardless of its errors. Yeah right now I've completely scrapped the currently uploaded version and am now rebuilding the megawad from the ground up to MAKE ABsOSLUTE sure there are no mistakes this time. Thank you for telling me.

Hey guys the OP file has been updated, All maps are now included and no one has the wrong name attributed. All music is fine as well. I'm sincerely sorry about that blunder in the begining.

Edited by Dubbag

I just played through this and it was pretty fun. The maps are short, sweet, and to the point. They would be great for speedrunning. I assume this will be uploaded to idgames once everything is in order?

Getting this error when trying to play in DSDA-Doom (which is just a fork of prboom+ mind you). Might want to give this a look @Dubbag

error1.PNG.22d2895261e7818405c7a97340693d01.PNG

I helped Dubbag out in putting the WAD together, there should be no errors in the next update. All that should be in the way right now is proper sky transfers, I'll look into those later if it bothers people enough. :D 

Please let us know if there's any problems in the upcoming version - be it map information, excluded maps, visual problems, missing textures, so on. Glad to have helped.

TL;DR The WAD will be updated soon and should work properly.

Well worry no more guys, with the help of my partner in crime @Dunn & Dunn we have been working to perfect it.

Edited by Dubbag

2 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

I helped Dubbag out in putting the WAD together, there should be no errors in the next update. All that should be in the way right now is proper sky transfers, I'll look into those later if it bothers people enough. :D 

Please let us know if there's any problems in the upcoming version - be it map information, excluded maps, visual problems, missing textures, so on. Glad to have helped.

TL;DR The WAD will be updated soon and should work properly.

I couldn't have made it this great without your help friend thank you so much! And thank you again to everyone who participated!