Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Killerratte

Toughnut.wad - A map built out of 4chan /vr/ Doom comments [Now on idgames]

Toughnut.wad is a single map with classic Doom gameplay, which was created by collecting ideas from 4chan /vr/ anons. It requires a ZDoom-based port like Zandronum or GZDoom to run. All difficulty settings are included.

Designed for no crouching and no jumping, Freelook not required. Cooperative play is possible, but not tested. Uses default Doom 2 textures, except for the sky.

Gameplay time: About 10 minutes, I guess ...

1.png.a2f53312150be87511ada08945efbd5a.png2.png.0f078cc9a7002e367783113c48ab1992.png3.png.e85f13fd8f2f5aef62b959218126da40.png4.png.9060d91b5624a281e476232cda5f51e0.png5.png.8a8e249c9fb50358e3917afb57bc8c6e.png6.png.8ab2b081984386e73ca7ec93a0ad69a8.png

Further info

This a relatively short map that is based mostly on the input of anons from the 4chan /vr/ Doom General. Though most of the general ideas were used, I had to change some things up so the map stays true to the first comments. I have attached a .jpg with all the (most important) replies collected from 4chan during the map's construction. (see below). Build time: 7,5 days.

Spoiler

978594151_4chanvrtoughnutwad.jpg.567c4ab64dc50bac0408e2fa1306d977.jpg

All in all a happy little harmless level.

Download:

#1 Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q93bsmo9yyk1i5/Toughnut.zip?dl=0

#2 Mega: https://mega.nz/file/elMnQQxJ#UIeUCd3Q5lQCnU4563lNhLd-jkLJdvXO6V5Ilq1jkjs

#3 idgames: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/toughnut

Edited by Killerratte

I recorded a mostly blind playthrough. Before I started, I did read part of the .jpg, so I knew that there would be

Spoiler

an archvile crusher and a surprise cyberdemon.

but I didn't know anything otherwise. Died a few times early on. Fortunately, the rest of the map was easy after that. I expected meaner, but had a good time.

This was really fun! I manage to beat it on UV but I got real lucky.... Somehow a single revenant punched my cyberdemon to death! I loved the challenge and the concept is really fun and cool I love it.

How do you get out of the red key room when you have the red & yellow key but no the blue?

Edited by Doomdude89

4 hours ago, Doomdude89 said:

How do you get out of the red key room when you have the red & yellow key but no the blue?

Uuuuuuhh .... I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You can press the red door and get out any time. The only time the door state changes to permanently open is when you're entering the blue area. You made me jump out of chair and check it myself.

Couldnt open it with GZ 4.5.0 so i tried older gzdoom versions, then it opens fine.

Great map btw. Very detailed and smart usage with monsters. 5/5

Edited by Doomdude89

Toughnut.wad

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || HG_S-Doom

Deaths → 4 (Killed by a Cyberdemon, an Archvile and a Revenants)

Saves → 4

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-095518.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-100920.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-100920.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-101439.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-103128.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-103521.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210412-103531.png

This map was torture in a way, but first I will mention its design, the truth is that in this aspect, the design of the structure is really good, certain things have caught my attention here, such as the teleporter that takes you elsewhere, which is not common but is literally a portal to the other side, or the part where the blue door is, all that area seemed extremely interesting, but anyway, where this map stands out is in the part of the fighting, They are really tough and with some difficulty, mainly because of having many resistant and weak enemies, that really makes things complicated, and finding the secrets here is quite important because they keep you alive being further ahead in the progress. In conclusion, it is an interesting map, it really has a challenge on all sides, but it is also due to the kind of ideas that the people of 4Chan gave, so, if they were a bit evil in this aspect, but hey, anyway. Forms was a really enjoyable map and very well done despite having awkward fighting in certain areas, so, great work on this interesting map, partner.

hi. just completed this map in [uv]. simple yet beautiful layout, with very tough gameplay. died many many times. perhaps learnt something new too - whenever there is a need to use the lift, always stand to the side of lift for some cover or some distance from it before the lift opens. just in case a monster is in the lift waiting to launch a surprise attack. thank you for the unforgetful experience. loved it.

i5Rgmnq.png

O8gUgUA.png

1k970IP.png

2azPRUf.png

2d6hpNQ.png

Edited by saibog