Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Juancho

What Doomworld thinks about my home made pizza

It's easy to make and not worth as much money as buying a pizza delivery. The Dough is much richer and everything is delicious :)

What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: I took the photo with flash, thats why it looks raw, but its not.

image.png.ea1ee185d534c199d3a1b1dbd4ff511b.png

Edited by El juancho

1 hour ago, El juancho said:

It's easy to make and not worth as much money as buying a pizza delivery. The Dough is much richer and everything is delicious :)

What do you guys think?

Not too bad, if slightly undercooked for my tastes.

Then again, we definitely tend to like it on the more browned side up here.

93441d0ef345211a7ee1affc7e21e2bf_feature

3 hours ago, El juancho said:

It's... not worth as much money as buying a pizza delivery.

Definitely not worth as much. I'd rather get the cardboard masquerading as pizza shit from Pizza Pizza or something. Focus on your topping distribution, outer crust forming, and evening things out as it 1) doesn't look cooked enough generally and 2) doesn't look like it cooked evenly, suggesting some of it is too thick or thin in places.

Edited by Decay

Looks like the crust is too thick so it didn't get baked thoroughly. Other than that, the toppings and cheese look really damn tasty. Like really tasty, and now I'm hungry. The only issue I could see is the dough doesn't look baked, but I would still eat it.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

Definitely not worth as much. I'd rather get the cardboard masquerading as pizza shit from Pizza Pizza or something. Focus on your topping distribution, outer crust forming, and evening things out as it 1) doesn't look cooked enough generally and 2) doesn't look like it cooked evenly, suggesting some of it is too thick or thin in places.

Underneath the pizza you could tell it was done, it wasn't raw haha. I preheated the oven for 15 minutes and then put the pizza in for another 15 minutes, with a normal oven you can't do much more. If I had a PIZZA OVEN the pizza would look much more appetizing.

If you want a better cooked surface: cook the pizza on a stove (high heat) until the bottom is brown, and then throw it into the oven at a high temperature, close to the heat coils. You'll end up with a pizza that closely matches an authentic one.

If you're interested in Neapolitan pizzas, this is a good recipe video:

Bro your pizza looks like doesn't look great straight up on presentation and the oven has nothing to do with it. Read my post again and instead of crutching on your shitty oven and realize that your topping distribution sucks (looks like subpar choices - is that hotdog????? and all bunched up so you get random bites of all "meat"), your crust looks pale and lacking flavour (no herbs in the dough, no glazing, or even adequate baking on top), the cheese could be more evenly distributed for better cooking, AND it looks like too much sauce. Looks fine enough if this is your first attempt or you're a middle schooler or something, but damn dude you should consider refining it before trying to brag on a Doom forum

4 minutes ago, Decay said:

Bro your pizza looks like doesn't look great straight up on presentation and the oven has nothing to do with it. Read my post again and instead of crutching on your shitty oven and realize that your topping distribution sucks (looks like subpar choices - is that hotdog????? and all bunched up so you get random bites of all "meat"), your crust looks pale and lacking flavour (no herbs in the dough, no glazing, or even adequate baking on top), the cheese could be more evenly distributed for better cooking, AND it looks like too much sauce. Looks fine enough if this is your first attempt or you're a middle schooler or something, but damn dude you should consider refining it before trying to brag on a Doom forum

My man just got mad over a fuckin pizza

I make pizza a couple times month. 450° for 20 minutes in a regular oven. Wouldn't mind having an actual pizza oven. I also have made a few speed pizzas in the newfangled air-fryer and those came out surprisingly tasty using those premade, thin pizza crusts you get the the grocery store. Like 8 minutes and your done. Good for when you're mapping or gaming. :D

pURXBjo.jpg

1 minute ago, Doom_Dude said:

I make pizza a couple times month. 450° for 20 minutes in a regular oven. Wouldn't mind having an actual pizza oven. I also have made a few speed pizzas in the newfangled air-fryer and those came out surprisingly tasty using those premade, thin pizza crusts you get the the grocery store. Like 8 minutes and your done. Good for when you're mapping or gaming. :D

pURXBjo.jpg

looks very good and tasty!

3 minutes ago, Marn said:

Pop that shit back in the oven for another ten minutes.

I took a photo with flash, maybe that's why it looks "raw".

15 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

This looks like a good pizza! Nice work.

1 minute ago, El juancho said:

I took a photo with flash, maybe that's why it looks "raw".

Ya, I think it's just the lighting in your pic that isn't all that great. Is that sausage or wieners?

3 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Ya, I think it's just the lighting in your pic that isn't all that great. Is that sausage or wieners?

Sausage

5 hours ago, El juancho said:

What do you guys think?

image.png.ea1ee185d534c199d3a1b1dbd4ff511b.png

I'd definitely cook this a little bit more, probably an extra 5 minute and at the highest heat possible, at least until the cheese are more consistently golden/brown all across and the crust less white.

I love making homemade doughs from scratch. The Neapolitan pizza dough recipe is the best one hands down (1kg flour, 600ml water, 30grams salt, one packet of yeast). Works fine in normal ovens, but you seriously cannot go wrong with a pizza oven, worth the investment. Here's some I made a while ago.

Spoiler

20210320_204700.jpg.e806f0c0865886cf157b062dd23feaad.jpg20210320_204640.jpg.72c9f01988d876f992d1e9713d9861ae.jpg20210320_211312.jpg.d77a59d711f11bb45982b6cd0af8ddf9.jpg

24 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I love making homemade doughs from scratch. The Neapolitan pizza dough recipe is the best one hands down (1kg flour, 600ml water, 30grams salt, one packet of yeast). Works fine in normal ovens, but you seriously cannot go wrong with a pizza oven, worth the investment. Here's some I made a while ago.

Now that's some damn good pizza

Iron Chef Decay reviews pizza the exact same way he reviews sub-par deathmatch wads!

I think you could have distributed the cheese a bit more evenly, it looks kind of bunched up in the middle and too sparse around the edges. The tomato base doesn't look like it has enough herbs in it. You should never skimp on the herbs.

What kind of cheese did you put on it?

I like all the cheese and prefer it not overcooked to better appreciate the texture and flavour. But I would personally make it more saucy (home made italian pizza sauce) and include olives. Add some oregano and then it would be my perfect pizza.

10 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

pURXBjo.jpg

That's fahrenheit, right? I'm cooking my pizzas 5 to 6 minutes in 260 celsius in a fan-assisted oven (would use a little higher temp in regular oven).

Here's some pizza, the pesto in this one was awful cheap crap, would have been better without. Chickpeas become kinda dry if the pizza has cooled and is reheated. Vegan "kebab" slices survive reaheating better, which is what I've been using recently. Should get some of that fresh basil again.

xaphTEM.jpg