Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sapphics

Doom II: 25 Years on Earth (One Year Late Edition) [-complevel 2]

small dump here. also, since this is a megawad, and I plan to table fill the whole thing, would it be better to start a thread next time I plan to do something like this so i don't flood the miscellaneous demos topic? ( even if I am the only one running it ) cheers guys.

Doom II: 25 Years On Earth (One Year Late Edition)

map 15 uv max in 6:26

map 31 uv max in 1:43

map 32 uv max in 5:05.14

map 16 uv max in 3:20

map 17 uv max in 2:21

map 18 uv max in  6:36

ph_25yoe15m626.zip

ph_25yoe31m143.zip

ph_25yoe32m505.14.zip

ph_25yoe16m320.zip

ph_25yoe17m221.zip

ph_25yoe18m636.zip

Edited by sapphics : files in random order

@sapphics I think a thread would be a great idea. I intended to do some runs of 25 Years on Earth because of how much I enjoyed it, but I never got around to it.

Classic Doom II Style Megawad by @Phobus I've been table filling this WAD for some time now and figured I'd start a thread for anyone that would like to help me!                                                                                                                                                                                                      Here's the /idgames link Here's the DSDA link                                                                                                                                                             Here's also a few maxes to show the naming convention.                                                                                                                                        map 19 uv max in 2:16                                                                                                                                                                                          map 20 uv max in 2:22                                                                                                           

ph_25yoe19m216.zip

ph_25yoe20m222.zip

Edited by sapphics

This is pretty cool to see. The times I've spotted on some of your demo posts seem very impressive!

3 minutes ago, Phobus said:

This is pretty cool to see. The times I've spotted on some of your demo posts seem very impressive!

Thank you good sir. :) you are too kind.

42 minutes ago, sapphics said:

had to use cl9 here. tons of the ghost rez bugged monsters at the end fight when the viles come out. too many door-crushed corpses lmao.

I don't think this is a valid reason (from DSDA pov) to use -cl9? Yes, I'm sure they are an inconvenience but this is a -cl2 wad and it sounds like you can 1) finish the map with -cl2 and 2) get 100% kills with -cl2, so you should use -cl2 if you want to have the demo on the max table proper. Especially problematic in this case since it sounds like using -cl9 is a big advantage. Dealing with the ghosts is just a part of the route and ammo management plan :)

2 hours ago, Veinen said:

I don't think this is a valid reason (from DSDA pov) to use -cl9? Yes, I'm sure they are an inconvenience but this is a -cl2 wad and it sounds like you can 1) finish the map with -cl2 and 2) get 100% kills with -cl2, so you should use -cl2 if you want to have the demo on the max table proper. Especially problematic in this case since it sounds like using -cl9 is a big advantage. Dealing with the ghosts is just a part of the route and ammo management plan :)

Yeah, it is not, this will just mean this demo is put in Other.

4 hours ago, Veinen said:

good to know. thanks for clarifying! never had to deal with this before.