Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Half Moon" A 30 Minute Speedmap Community Project (Submissions Closed)

7 minutes ago, 1Destro3456 said:

Lmao, I can't imagine how that dream would've played out or how it ended 

I was in this really old crumbling factory tower and the lighting was like a sort of dim rusty orange as light from the setting sun shined through the dingy windows. There was a flight of like 9 stories of metal mesh stairs and alot of piping. As fast as I ran down the stairs, his feet were always stomping above my head and I remember the constant shadow of it above me as he was only one flight behind directly above my head. Scary as shit. I think I got away if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, Dubbag said:

I was in this really old crumbling factory tower and the lighting was like a sort of dim rusty orange. There was a flight of like 9 stories of metal mesh stairs and alot of piping. As fast as I ran down the stairs, his feet were always stomping above my head and I remember the constant show of it above me as he was only flight behind directly above my head. Scary as shit. I think I got away if I remember correctly.

It does sound scary but thinking back to it, it is really funny lol

1 minute ago, 1Destro3456 said:

It does sound scary but thinking back to it, it is really funny lol

Um I guess.

This is not official yet, but would anyone be opposed to stopping after 50 maps? That way we can get as many people involved as possible.

Really liked maps by @Spectre01 and @MAN_WITH_GUN@4shockblast's thing is too hard :P

I think it would make more sense to order maps in difficulty considering how many tough nuts we already have. I'm not a big fan of boom-compatible wads with more than 32 maps, but you can probably just split it into two separate wad files

8 minutes ago, El Inferno said:

Really liked maps by @Spectre01 and @MAN_WITH_GUN!

Thank you, glad you liked that. I'm also enjoyed ur first speedmap in this topic, really challenging and also fair to the player but probably one of the toughest shits on Nightmare, in a good way, it was an interesting experiment for me :v

43 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

This is not official yet, but would anyone be opposed to stopping after 50 maps? That way we can get as many people involved as possible.

There will be no music after map32, and I don't think there's a way to fix that. I would rather stop at 32, but if there is demand for it, there could be a split wad.

idk was just a thought . i guess not

Why not stop at 64 and just make 2 mega wads haha, I want to contribute but I’m not sure how many you guys are at

1 minute ago, Egg Boy said:

Why not stop at 64 and just make 2 mega wads haha, I want to contribute but I’m not sure how many you guys are at

We are at 20 something, almost done. Still have more slots though.

1 hour ago, El Inferno said:

Really liked maps by @Spectre01 and @MAN_WITH_GUN@4shockblast's thing is too hard :P

I think it would make more sense to order maps in difficulty considering how many tough nuts we already have. I'm not a big fan of boom-compatible wads with more than 32 maps, but you can probably just split it into two separate wad files

Agreed, @Spectre01's and @MAN_WITH_GUN's maps are cool. Also liked @Philnemba's and @Worriedidiot's :D. Haven't gotten around to all of them

Your map was great too, very normal. :^)

Edit: also just played @BoxY's, great map. :)

Can you do hubs in Boom? Gonna assume no. That would be one possible way of making it work perhaps but I guess its locked to Hexen format and upwards. 

Just now, VisionThing said:

Can you do hubs in Boom? Gonna assume no. That would be one possible way of making it work perhaps but I guess its locked to Hexen format and upwards. 

From my knowledge there is no way to go to a specific level. Maybe some dehacked stuff could but it isn't likely

@Engired Yo i played ur latest map and it was pretty fun, but here's the problem: I'm not sure if anyone will be able to survive 4 AV's and the rest of the party with SSG only, i tried 3 or 4 times and almost gave up but found the secret rocket laucher that was my only hope in this situation :v

Map name: Festering Iron

Source port: Vanilla

Build time: 30 minutes (an a minute or two for tweaking)

Music: DISCULT.MID by Zan-Zan-Zawa-Veia

Took a couple of cracks and overshot the 30-minute mark, this map only just managed to meet the criteria. Still not quite what I planned, may flesh out the map sometime later.

40 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

@Engired Yo i played ur latest map and it was pretty fun, but here's the problem: I'm not sure if anyone will be able to survive 4 AV's and the rest of the party with SSG only, i tried 3 or 4 times and almost gave up but found the secret rocket laucher that was my only hope in this situation :v

You can definitely do it, but it is hard.
Here's a new version with more health, and some cover. Should make the archvile ambush a bit easier.

Download: Abandoned Library.zip

It will be near the end of the wad anyway.

Edited by Engired

15 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Your map was great too, very normal. :^)

Thank you :) I actually managed to record a demo for it: norm.zip

Video (Spoilers alert!!):

Spoiler

should we make this a double packaged 2 part WAD? two megawads in the same .zip

4 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

should we make this a double packaged 2 part WAD? two wad of 32 in the same .zip

I have never seen a mapping challenge do it, but if there is enough people on board, it could work. Will need 32 more wads though, and I don't know if we can get that.

2 minutes ago, Engired said:

I have never seen a mapping challenge do it, but if there is enough people on board, it could work. Will need 32 more wads though, and I don't know if we can get that.

I don't see why not, there are alot of people that still want to participate and if I up the max of maps per contributor to 3 then we should at least get somewhere. The second one doesnt have to be a full 32, just as far as we can go before people are completely done.

Just now, Dubbag said:

I don't see why not, there are alot of people that still want to participate and if I up the max of maps per contributor to 3 then we should at least get somewhere.

If it's upped to 3 then it should work perfectly fine. I like the idea.

4 minutes ago, Engired said:

If it's upped to 3 then it should work perfectly fine. I like the idea.

Me too, I'd love a chance to make some more crappy speedmaps.

well we are up to 27 on part 1 then

2 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

well we are up to 27 on part 1 then

I counted 28/29 (including joke maps)

Just now, Engired said:

I counted 29 (including joke maps)

alright

Oh yeah, I also made a quick change to my map to prevent monsters from going through a teleporting linedef and I also added a song. Map update and info are in my submission post.