Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

I saw "Hail Satan?". "Hail Satan?" is a documentary kind of movie. It has a lot of good artwork, and it sounds pretty good. I mean the audio is well done.

I recommend watching this if only for your pure interest in the occult. If you like vampires or cults or any kind of body piercing/mutilation stories, this was a pretty good movie/documentary. One thing I liked about "Hail Satan?" was how it put Satanism into more perspective for me. I like seeing how the people who were being interviewed didn't look like poor people, which if you've been on the Satanic internet for five minutes only, you probably have noticed how Satanists look ultra poor and discernible. "Hail Satan?" production doesn't look very poor, and isn't offensive from tell-tale signs of low income. Another thing I liked about "Hail Satan?" was that it had accents of American politics, which is absent from a lot of movies and media today.

You might not like this if you are easily offended by Satan, Religions other that Christians, or a cute, cuddly stuffed animal that might be hand sewn, like a Muppet.

Watch this one.

Ive recently seen the movie Waxwork, a 1988 horror film which revolves around a mysterious wax museum that appears in an american suburb where some teenaged classmates become curious and investigate it. Long story short, the owner of the museum is evil and traps the guest's souls by inducting them into the frozen scenes displaying the wax figures. It's a really interesting idea and a cult classic, however it bombed critically and lost almost 2.2 million dollars. I thought it was ok, not bad, but pretty cheesy. 

Watched Transformers 4 with some friends all knowing it's bad because we wanted to see a bad movie, and damn is it a bad movie for every reason you would assume it's bad. The main characters all have like a really random argument about age of consent where one of them pulls out a flash card for the laws for it in their state, and this whole scene just blew my mind away with how in my face horrible it was.

After watching that I decided to watch the 1984 transformers movie to I dunno, get the bad taste out of my mouth or something.

the last movie i watched was probably a rewatch of fight club, obviously its a great movie

but the last movie i saw that i didnt know of before was probably first reformed? and holy fuck what an experience that was. can definitely recommend watching, its from the same guy who made taxi driver

The Book of Life in Spanish, I had no idea what they were saying but I loved it even more!

On 4/11/2021 at 7:27 AM, Vic Vos said:

Mortal Kombat was actually not bad.

I feel stupid for asking. The new one or the old one?

3 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

I feel stupid for asking. The new one or the old one?

The new one.

I don't know, it's been so long since I've seen a proper movie. Not like I'm interested in them, anyways.

Alien 3.

Seen it a fair times before, but this time I actually appreciated it. Despite not being as good as the first 2, it is actually a good film in its own right, Fury 161 is a proper shit hole but was a great stage/setting for the film. Acting is half decent as well.

Just saw Inception.   That was a good mindjob.

Pretty sure I've been three levels deep before.   Dream within a dream within a dream.

I just finished Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It was a massive improvement over the previous movie, which was a boring, overly serious slog. The movie is noticeably dumber than the previous one, but I think that plays to the film's strengths as it focussed more on giant monsters fighting each other. Some of the dialogue here was unintentionally humorous at times. But as was the case previously, the film suffers from taking itself too seriously and trying to get us to care about people that aren't worth caring about. There's one character who does something unforgivably evil and insane and is given a redemption arc that felt completely unwarranted. 

I'm kind of baffled as to why this movie has a lower RT and IMDB score than the previous Godzilla movie. It's still mindless and shallow, but decently entertaining when it isn't trying to get us to empathize with its human characters.

Been rewatching a few on Blu-Ray. 

Berserk (97)

The Fog (80)

Mortal Kombat (95)

Robocop (87)

Still got The Running Man to go, BR really does breath life into old films, I'm trying to replace my favourites slowly. 

The Running Man is pretty great. Blu rays are also great, especially since Discotek released Devilman Lady on the format. :P

I watched The Shining last night. Great movie, though I do find it to be a bit weirdly paced. Jack Nicholson plays Jack Torrance like he's nuts already from the first frame you see him, and jokes aside I do think there's a scene with him that comes too early where you think "yeah why isn't he just getting the axe now?" Stephen King's main reason for disliking the film was the excision of the intended arc for Jack Torrance, and from a narrative point of view it does feel like there's things missing from the story, so whilst I would rate it high in most respects as a horror movie, I do tend to be a story guy and so it kinda falls short of the top tier for me. 

• Breach (Anti-Life)

Bruce Willis in what could only be a really crappy Alien rip-off. If you don't take this movie seriously, then this falls into the ''Its so terrible, its actually funny'' category. Because that's what this is. Bad acting, low-fi CGI and then some. Taken as such, its a brilliant movie. Taken with anything more of a critical lens, and you will find that this is Willis's retirement plan.

• News of the World

Tom Hanks as a Civil War veteran tasked on bringing a young girl back to her home. Pretty good, solid writing, and outstanding music (Which got awarded, mind you). A Western movie with a tale of its own: Bringing news to the people who can't read.

• Velvet Buzzsaw

Jake Gyllenhaal as Morf Vanderwalt (How do you even come up with such a name), an art critic who falls in awe with a set of paintings of a completely unknown artist. But these paintings carry a mystery that affects everyone that Morf works with. Artsy film, great usage of suspense without turning into schlock horror.

• Uncut Gems

I never liked Adam Sandler, as every movie he does feels very much the same, along with juvenile humour. Not this one. Sandler is a Jewish gambling addict that highlights how far addicts go to get their game on. Sandler delivers brilliantly as someone completely out of control to get his fix. It is, however, a very draining movie. Imagine a 2 hour trip on one guy with ADHD along with a flock of others also being on ADHD. There is simply no rest. Its pure chaos. Reviews describe it as a rollercoaster and ill agree. Good flick, for sure.

Power Rangers 2017. Hated every moment of this soulless, unfunny, obnoxious corporate bullshit. 

I recently watched The Offensive (1972) with Sean Connery for the first time, it was interesting but it's not something I would like to re-watch.

Edited by Avoozl