Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

1 minute ago, URROVA said:

mine is so dumb

@ in spanish but with an u

dont question why

Crazy that I never though of the word "arroba" after reading your username multiple times 

2 minutes ago, URROVA said:

mine is so dumb

@ in spanish but with an u

dont question why

Why did you have to add that last part....oldest trick in the book and I always fall for it. Damn my inquisitive brain.

You can't ask me not to question it and expect the matter to be settled.

Explain, out with it man.

tribute to yakworld.wad, omnipresent shovelware level

i use a squillion different user names tbh i sorta like to keep it weird

27 minutes ago, yakfak said:

tribute to yakworld.wad,

That wad is so fucking weird! It's been in my collection for years.

I actually went through usernames a plenty, and one day I was depressed as hell when I thought:
"okay i need to stop changing names, pick one and stick with it to the end"

A few... Mental issues later, I went with what I knew, and what y'all know now.

I've told it before in the same thread magicsofa linked, I believe, but there is no harm in telling it again. I chose it a long time ago for a mobile game, and it just became my standard user name from then on. And yes, its an acronym! Do any of you want to take a guess?

Back in the day when i used to play Minecraft on XBOX 360 i required a Microsoft account to play. My accounts was constantly getting hacked or blocked (even today i don't understand why), every time i created a new account Microsoft generated variations of my name.

But at a point Microsoft couldn't make more so it suggested me to create a random one. And there it was: "GratefulName"

(My old name was TheXProGamer :P)

Quite simple, I was setting up an account in my iPhone 5 (Yes, an iPhone 5), and the phone asked me about my name, and I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind, which was Lol 6. I liked it so much that it ended up being my online name.

It was like 6 years ago

Little edit: In reality, the name is :[Lol 6]:, and I used to use it like that, but I had to change it here because it would make the notification system go wild. And I didn't used a pfp of  L from death note until... like a month ago? I have no idea.

Edited by Lol 6

I was playing Minecraft in 2013 with industrial mods and knew that gold is bad material for mining tools and I wondered: "if a silver pickaxe existed, could it be more powerful than golden one?". And in the same timeline I was playing Terraria 1.1.2 and most of the time before I got Shadow Armor(btw, it or the Crimson one, is my primary armor in early hardmode just because it looks cool), I was wearing full Silver set including silver pickaxe. Thus I nicknamed myself SilverMiner for Minecraft and then - for Doom. (In Terraria I still use the older names like what I had for TrackMania)

48 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Quite simple, I was setting up an account in my iPhone 5 (Yes, an iPhone 5), and the phone asked me about my name, and I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind, which was Lol 6. I liked it so much that it ended up being my online name.

It was like 6 years ago

off topic but damn reading your message i just had the strongest sense of seja vu i even knew what would be the end of it

weird

I used to call myself Thepezdispenser after an episode of Seinfeld. But later on started going by Mrbaskerville. It's another sitcom reference. There's this old danish show where one of the characters recieves a huge doll he calls "MrBaskerville", in this subplot he desperately tries to figure out what the doll can do, but he ends up exclaiming: "Mrbaskerville, you can't do anything". It's weird, especially in english, but it was really funnny and made sense at the moment, trust me.

Tried to convert my real name (Ivan) into the name of a country.

8 hours ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

The electronic music nerd in me is ever so slightly disappointed that it isn't this song. 

Kraftwerk is the best.

In one of the earlier schools I went to (I might've been around 10 years old at that point), students had individual unique usernames that were given to them based on a particular pattern. We'd make use of them on the occasion we got to use computers, which wasn't always. The username I use on the internet is the same as the one I was given.

The username pattern was having the first two letters of the first name, and the first three of the last name, and then a number. There's potential to guess my name from this, but it's not enough info to go off in my opinion.

I don't remember why I decided to keep the name, but I don't think I feel right being called anything else anymore.

Only exception is when I replaced the 0's with O's on twitch cause my username was already in use there somehow. I didn't mind being called Alperoo on twitch that much, but it doesn't happen much anymore. Mostly because I don't see new streamers, or watch streams much at all currently.

Mine it's because a combination of my name with Tanuki, because i share a lot of trashpadas, Tanukis and looking alike animals a lot in my social media.

And in L33T Language because that's some kool kid stuff.

I got username when I was interested in panturkism (or panturanism) and decided to learn some turkic languages. "Taw Tu'lki" was taken from kypchak languages (bashkir, tatar, kazakh and smth else).

"Taw" means "mountain" and "tu'lki" is "fox". So, Taw Tu'lki is "Mountain Fox". Alternative of some english and japanese usernames with animals.

Spoiler

Someone on Discord recently had this to say about it, but left the group before I could respond. Anyone know what they're on about and if I should be at all concerned?

I laughed so hard at that the first time I read it, my first thought was maybe they were referring to your musical and modding skills?  As in "I doubt anybody could replicate that legacy" but they accidentally said "would wish to" instead of "could."

Could be totally off the mark though.

Edited by STILES

I was a kid, horny for Minecraft and thought PeterBeGood was a good name. Later shortened it to PBeGood4. 

I don't think I've ever actually answered this question.

Initials.

Long ago I started using 3180 as a reference to a certain well known fictional character's birth date and year, no month. 

When I was 12, I created my first hotmail account. I asked a friend what would be a 'cool' sounding name, and he said "idk my dude maybe Arrowhead and like 12 because you're twelve." So I just went w/ it, and have been using it ever since - minus the twelve now, though.

It's the same as my steam name, as a joke I picked the most obnoxious gamer name I could think of. Ironic since I'm not a big reefer head and don't eat doritos.

48 minutes ago, Doritos420 said:

It's the same as my steam name, as a joke I picked the most obnoxious gamer name I could think of. Ironic since I'm not a big reefer head and don't eat doritos.

Nah, it would've been more obnoxious if it was 69 instead of 420

when i was 10ish years old i found a minecraft skin of an android that i thought was cool and came up with "da android 614"
it's kind of stupid but i never bothered coming up with another one so i'm still sticking with it

16 hours ago, a.a.i. said:

Jason?

no that's my name