Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pavera

ARRIVAL (Now available on /idgames) - A limit-removing episode for Doom II

Congrats on the release! This was a ton of fun to help out with, not to mention massively enjoyable to play through.

Lovely screenshots Pavera, I'll be sure to play and provide feedback soon.

Found a softlock in map05 right after the red key door, the player can archvile jump out of the room and then be stuck outside of the red key door.

Ooo a new Pavera set! Definitely gonna play this. Your maps for the DTWiD cinematic universe and Syringe are some of my favourites from those respective sets. Love the verticality and complex yet clean geometry.

Edit: played the first level, and loved it, skimmed the rest, and am looking forward to playing 'em too. This is pure Pavera goodness right here!

Also, you thought you could hide Dad Bod from me? You rascal!

Edited by Omniarch

This looks really good, I wish I could check it out. I can't play anything at the moment and it's driving me mad. For now I'll just toss you an upvote, I'll check it out in a couple of weeks as soon as I'm able.

Fantastic looking maps.

I had played Waste Abandonment and the Ledge before. Delighted to see a whole bunch levels in the same style!

Posted this and went to bed. Thank you for the nice responses! I've been working on this project for quite a while. I hope everyone has fun.

I'll be checking for feedback and bugs, so please let me know how it goes.

Also, it does have difficulty settings but admittedly they are not quite as thoroughly implemented as I originally wanted to. I plan to have them a little more fleshed out by the next update to make easy mode a little nicer. I apologize for any frustrations this set causes to less skilled players.

Please be sure to turn up the tunes, as my good friend and colleague @AD_79 really outdid himself here.

Thank you for playing!

4 hours ago, Final Verdict said:

This looks really good, I wish I could check it out. I can't play anything at the moment and it's driving me mad. For now I'll just toss you an upvote, I'll check it out in a couple of weeks as soon as I'm able.

Fantastic looking maps.

No rush my friend. Please enjoy on your own time.

Played the first level.  Pretty good.  Will continue playing.

Hi all

It's come to my attention that MAP09 has a bugged starting point. I will post an updated link tonight when I am free, for now I've removed the download. Sorry for the dumb and the inconvenience.

i was thinking on something like this today while quoting with @rd.
You read my mind, pal! ;)
9+ is a good number for something to be official ;)

Just posted the fixed version of the wad. MAP09 should now start the player in the proper location. Just another episode of PAVERA IS A BIG IDIOT, thanks bye.

Awesome stuff, I had a LOT of fun playing through the set. I love that the maps are pretty beefy in terms of scale and opposition but you're quite generous with the bigger guns, ammo and health so you can progress with a good pace and things never turn into a slog. Happily played through the first version of map09 too without noticing anything wrong, a little weird weapon progression sure but it worked surprisingly well still heh.

FDA's for the first unfixed version in the attachment. Map08 FDA is in two parts, first ends in a death but it was already late so I didn't restart immediately. Also included is a playthrough of map09 with the v.1.0.1 fixed version. Played with glboom+ 2.5.1.3 cl2 on UV.

A couple of bugs:

• Map01: A couple of pools of blood (things 531 and 613) start floating when the floor lowers
  • Map05: Linedef 2566 has a missing texture which shows when you close the door again
  • Map09: I think something went wrong in the fixed version of map09 as I completely skipped the final fights on the void island before the exit. Or at least there were a couple of tele ambushes there in the first version.

FDA_arrival.zip

1 hour ago, Veinen said:
  • Map09: I think something went wrong in the fixed version of map09 as I completely skipped the final fights on the void island before the exit. Or at least there were a couple of tele ambushes there in the first version.

Odd thing there. Admittedly I have not tested explicitly in glboom with cl2. I think @AD_79 told me that when he tested in DSDA doom that some teleport ambushes were failing to load throughout the wad, but when he specified cl9 they worked properly. Can you try this and verify if you get a chance? If that's the case I may need to specify cl9 as the way to go.

From my end I am not seeing an issue with the final fights failing to trigger, but I am generally using ports where specifying a complevel is unnecessary. FWIW I just tested the encounter in glboom as well with completely default settings, and it worked fine.

2 hours ago, Veinen said:

Map01: A couple of pools of blood (things 531 and 613) start floating when the floor lowers

CURSES

Seems I cannot escape the floating blood pool, haha. Thanks for spotting, will fix in next version.

It's interesting that I have heard a couple people now tell me that MAP09 worked well even with the bugged start. I certainly prefer that players experience the "correct" progression there, but it's kinda fun to think about a strange alternative version of that map floating around out there.

12 hours ago, rd. said:

Huh? I think you misinterpreted something.

care to explain it on  PM to not derail the thread?