Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

Anyone into watersports?

As part of my journalism course, I and three other people are designing a 28 page magazine, which had to be about a subject which is covered by very few existing topics. The subject we've ended up chosing is watersports... which is unfortunately a subject I know virtually nothing about.

Anyway, I'm currently putting together a two page buyer's guide for watersports equipment, which will have ten types of equipment (surfboards, life jackets, wetsuits, paddles, scuba gear, etc), and two listings for each (best performance and best value).

So, does anyone have any recommendations?

Demons Hand said:

Is looking at the hot girls at the beach a water soprt? There is water.

A sport?! Hah, that should be an Olympic event! :D

NiGHTMARE said:

scuba gear

!

I've done some wake boarding before. I royally whomp at it, but If you enjoy things like snowboarding or skateboarding... I suppose you could check it out.

Heh, I thought this was going to be about...
Oh wait, Arioch beat me to it.

Try anything search-related to Newquay in Devon. That is like surf capital UK. And don't forget the Isle of Wight if you're going to include stuff on sailing.

You should try searching for watersports, you'll get some fantastic results. I mean...I saw the title of this thread and thought woah... what a thread topic.

water-skiing is a fun topic.. you could write about two skis vs. slalom, the difference between "dropping a ski" and starting with a single ski, starting off sitting on the dock vs. starting in the water, "banana skis" with no fins that allow you to do all kinds of nutso tricks like turn around backwards.. jumping the boat's wake, is it easier to ski when the boat is going faster? recent developments in ski technology ie. what have skis been made of over the past decades...

bork bork bork

water sports? for a minute i though this was gonna be about a wierd fetish. My DAD likes that shit, i find it on his computer every time i have to remove a virus. you should ask him, but i dout any of it would make sence. The man is a drug addict and always a bit messed up, i think that was why i moved out