• zip disks/supper disks
    • optical drives
    • magnetic(tape, reel or floppy)
    • cd-r/cd-rw
    • MO-disks
    • jazz drives
    • punch cards( old school here)
    • other

250 Zips, cdr/cdrw, floppy, my 80 gig HD, my 10 gig HD, my 800 meg HD, and my 500 meg HD.
I have a tape drive also but I have no tapes for it. It's like 12 years old.
Does my minidisc player count for music?

I use the HD for storing things, if I lose anything, I simply re-download it.

I've been using Zip disks because some classes at school demand it. And they are marvelous, tell ya, I trashed most of my floppies after that. I use CDs and CDRWs for music , mostly.

Arioch said:

I use something called a ... hard drive.

Ditto.

But I did burn all my videos to CD-Rs. I mean...I had a total of like 30 files taking up over 2 gigs. Talk about wasted space. Also, I was briefly considering burning my mp3s to CD-R as well, but in the end it seemed pointless considering I'm listening to pretty much all my music basicaly all the time.

ok ok ok. i see that no one uses a tape drive.
they are slow. takes 20 hours just to back up 80 gigs. i get the tapes free from my bros work. the drive is from work too. for some reason, they dont reuse anything. so they just leave shit on the floor. so now i backup every other day. my whole damn hd. luckily, its only 30gb.
man i want that quad risc sun server they are about to throw away. too bad its the size of a fridge.

also, i remember my bros vic 20. it use casset. like audio cassets. hm.... that ghives me an idea to develope a storage medium for my ti 89. since the jack is the same jack use for audio equipment.hm..., i am off for testing!!!

Heh, aside from the HD, floppy is all I have, and even that's bust atm :(

I need a new system you see, have done for about 2 years now.

Before I had a CD-RW Drive I used a 250 Zip, which I still use once in a blue moon since it's USB and most machines have USB ports these days. I have a few spare hard drives but most of them have bad sectors, except for a 600 something MB drive which is pretty much useless.

Joe Doom said:

What the hell is a MO disk?

i used to see them alot at an office i worked at. they held alot and were somewhat big. i am sure they were a large optical disk.

I would have to go with my Cd-rw and my 120 gig of RAID drives (on our srever), so I would have to say my storage medium is secure...
I dont think I will run out of space any time soon.

my mom's boyfriend asked me if the server i am makeing could hold a database of Mp3 music from his cd's. I said yes until i saw how many cd's he had.
estimates for cd's
no less than 1800 cds
say avarage of 10 songs per cd
say 4 MB for each song
lets see 72,000 Megabytes. thats alot of space! 72 GB though i want to have around 200+GB in a raid, still i would say he could go over that 72 GB mark