Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xScavengerWolfx

Underground Toxicity remake.

I finally finished it boys! (and female slayers in the forum). I do wanna thank you guys for feed back and pushing me to get better at mapping, i may still be a green thumb at this but hey at least i'm having fun. So for the people who played my first one i present to you...Underground Toxicity Remake.

There's a read me if you wanna read it. 

Edit: I fixed the problems that people were having, i didn't put textures on a the steps by the end of the level, i also re texture the end level room so it doesn't look like trash and i fixed other minor things. So here's V1.3 version of Underground Toxicity Remake.

Edit No.2: When i'm play testing my own maps i use LZDoom. LZ or GZ doom is compatible with this map. I don't know about mods though so use modes on this map if you want i don't use mods when i play. So again here's the remake/fixed version of it. Enjoy. 

Edit No. 3: Yes there a planned squeal for it but i got another project i'm doing right now so it's on the back burner for now. 

Undergroud Toxicity remake.wad.zip

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you need ta fix a least 2 serious game breaking problem on your map...

I managed to get get stuck on 2 location both seem to make the level unfinishable, I restarted one i figure out the first issue.

1 ) The switch being the blue door can only be activated once yet the door it control will eventuality close on its own, leaving a player who did not cross it immediately stuck. (see 2:32)

2 ) You  tried to trap the player with a gorp of monster by closing a door, but this door close way to slowly and it possible to get out of the room before it closes once again leaving the player stuck. (see 7:27)

I also tested both issue with no mod just to be sure.

Lets just say this is why you want your map tested...

Edited by Delisk : adding video

I'm fixing the issues right now and plus i always play test my maps when working on them. i'm not getting mad or anything it's just i might need to hold the players hand more i guess. Once i fix the issues i'll repost it. 

Edit: Ok i fixed the two major issues. If there's more just let me know.

Undergroud Toxicity remake.wad.zip

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

Big improvement over the original, dude. It's a little tight and flat in some respects, but makes up for it with some thrilling combat. I had fun :^)

You ought to at least provide screenshots, compatibility info and what sourceports you playtested this on.

57 minutes ago, Juza said:

You ought to at least provide screenshots, compatibility info and what sourceports you playtested this on.

I'll remember to take screen shots next time, the source port i use is LZdoom and or GZdoom (i know it sounds weird to have two of them but i do). Compatibility info? Remember i'm still new to this. 

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Big improvement over the original, dude. It's a little tight and flat in some respects, but makes up for it with some thrilling combat. I had fun :^)

I'm glade you had fun, i wish i got to see the end though. I mean i could do some more touch up work on it but man i need to give my wrist a rest for a bit anyways lol. 

So the room you were in with the monster closest with the two switches, one was for the door (which you hit) and the other was for the lifts (where the imps, shotgunners and chaingunners were). On the right side there a computer map which shows off a secret. The secret is my initials S.W. 

Over all i'm glade you like it and yes it was a big improvement over the first one....i remember door textures and  unpegged the sides lol :P.

Underground Toxicity remake 

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Vanilla

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-072428.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-072500.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-072540.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-073030.png

???

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-073434.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-073921.png

??? (x2)

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-074201.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-074207.png

It is a really entertaining map, I liked many of the things present here, from the visual aspect, to the fighting part, nothing out of the ordinary, and everything is completely fine, and to be honest, I don't remember if I played the game. original version (old), but in any case, this remake surely came out better than the first one you did, for having very interesting details and some more risky fights, but still, it is well done, with minimal errors, but in general , all well achieved. Great job you've done on this map, partner, and let's see what other wads you get to put on the table.

3 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Underground Toxicity remake 

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Vanilla

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-072428.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-072500.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-072540.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-073030.png

???

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-073434.pngno. 2

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-073921.png

??? (x2)

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-074201.pngNo. 1

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-074207.png

It is a really entertaining map, I liked many of the things present here, from the visual aspect, to the fighting part, nothing out of the ordinary, and everything is completely fine, and to be honest, I don't remember if I played the game. original version (old), but in any case, this remake surely came out better than the first one you did, for having very interesting details and some more risky fights, but still, it is well done, with minimal errors, but in general , all well achieved. Great job you've done on this map, partner, and let's see what other wads you get to put on the table.

Thanks man. To answer the questions marks. 

1. I figure it would be a great idea to blend the stone with the marble....but looking at the picture i should change it.

2. I couldn't tell you about the missing texture in that room. What source port are you using? It's for GZ or LZDoom. 

Overall thanks for playing it and showing the screen shots. There is a sequel to this but it's on the back burner for now, the sequel is at like 3% done. I doing map 30 for a community project (to give myself a challenge and prove myself as a green thumb/noob at mapping). I made this for people who gave feed back on the first one, but if you have any idea what i should do for the sequel i'm always open for ideas and suggestions.     

10 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

2. I couldn't tell you about the missing texture in that room. What source port are you using? It's for GZ or LZDoom. 

I apologize, that was not the image that was supposed to have an error, to tell the truth, it was this image that I will show you next

Screenshot-Doom-20210420-074028.png

10 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Overall thanks for playing it and showing the screen shots. There is a sequel to this but it's on the back burner for now, the sequel is at like 3% done. I doing map 30 for a community project (to give myself a challenge and prove myself as a green thumb/noob at mapping). I made this for people who gave feed back on the first one, but if you have any idea what i should do for the sequel i'm always open for ideas and suggestions.

Well, what you are doing is interesting to me, the fact that this map is about to have a sequel, besides that, I could gladly help you by giving you ideas for the sequel, if you like, you can send me a Private Message so we can talk more comfortably, partner, and there is no reason, a pleasure to have tested your map, heh.

I tested out Underground Toxicity remake "Underground Toxicity Remake.wad" with GZDoom on Hurt Me Plenty, you need more practice with Doom mapping, 60/100. I did not see that much monster in fighting in the map. This means the map has a balanced monster placement system. I did not find any part of the map over filled with monsters or missing monsters. The last part of "Underground Toxicity Remake.wad" was the worst part of the map. Past the Red door, you fight the powerful monsters. All you need to do is retreat to the hallway, and shoot the monsters with the rocket launcher. To complete the last room in the map, all you need to do is hide behind the wall, and use the plasma gun. After the arena fight, you destroy the barrels, and all of the monsters are dead. There was ammo everywhere in the map. Reduce the ammo amounts in the map to increase the map difficulty.

1 hour ago, FireWarden1000 said:

I tested out Underground Toxicity remake "Underground Toxicity Remake.wad" with GZDoom on Hurt Me Plenty, you need more practice with Doom mapping, 60/100. I did not see that much monster in fighting in the map. This means the map has a balanced monster placement system. I did not find any part of the map over filled with monsters or missing monsters. The last part of "Underground Toxicity Remake.wad" was the worst part of the map. Past the Red door, you fight the powerful monsters. All you need to do is retreat to the hallway, and shoot the monsters with the rocket launcher. To complete the last room in the map, all you need to do is hide behind the wall, and use the plasma gun. After the arena fight, you destroy the barrels, and all of the monsters are dead. There was ammo everywhere in the map. Reduce the ammo amounts in the map to increase the map difficulty.

Let me start by saying i'm glade you like it and you had fun but i'm going to be kinda of a asshole. Yes i understand i need to practice more with mapping, trust me if you've played the first one of this you'll be like "what the fuck?" i'm still learning and i do work on mapping in fact i'm doing the sequel of this map (it's on the back burner because of work right now), i understand that this is criticism and all but in my defenses i can't do a whole bunch of crazy oh look i can make this wall look like a mirror kinda thing. Overall yes it still needs to be worked on more and i've planned of fixing the issues with the map. 60/100? huh i was kinda exception like a 48 or a 51 out of a 100, i'll take what i can get. 

Are you telling me you would rate "Underground Toxicity Remake.wad" a 50/100? That doesn't make any sense to release a very low quality map, and tell people to play test the map. If the map is in early development, and the map does not have many features, this means you need to add more features to the map. Instead of providing you a list of ideas to add to your maps. Increase the build time for the map to 1 month instead of 2 weeks or 2 months instead of 1 month. I do not see a reason to rush a map out the door unless you are participating in a map building challenge. Take your time, and build a better quality map. I build maps in 20 Hour or 30 Hour development cycles. Which is about 30 days. Read the user manual to understand how to use the features of the Doom map editing software.

1 hour ago, FireWarden1000 said:

Are you telling me you would rate "Underground Toxicity Remake.wad" a 50/100? That doesn't make any sense to release a very low quality map, and tell people to play test the map. If the map is in early development, and the map does not have many features, this means you need to add more features to the map. Instead of providing you a list of ideas to add to your maps. Increase the build time for the map to 1 month instead of 2 weeks or 2 months instead of 1 month. I do not see a reason to rush a map out the door unless you are participating in a map building challenge. Take your time, and build a better quality map. I build maps in 20 Hour or 30 Hour development cycles. Which is about 30 days. Read the user manual to understand how to use the features of the Doom map editing software.

I disagree with this sentiment, there is a lot of value in making a shorter map, getting feedback and iterating on it. There is no reason a new mapper should hold off on getting feedback on their work. Making mistakes for 2 hours and then getting feedback is better than making mistakes for this proposed 30 hours before knowing you were even doing anything wrong.

8 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

I disagree with this sentiment, there is a lot of value in making a shorter map, getting feedback and iterating on it. There is no reason a new mapper should hold off on getting feedback on their work. Making mistakes for 2 hours and then getting feedback is better than making mistakes for this proposed 30 hours before knowing you were even doing anything wrong.

Thank you, honestly i rather have someone else say instead of me saying it because i tend to be a very dick-ish when i comment. Funny thing is this map took me a month and a half to make (which i will be releasing an updated version of this later). I mean yes i'm still new, yes i still got a lot to learn but i'm in it for fun. I ain't trying to climb up to the top as fast as i can i'm more of if people like my maps they like it, if they don't they don't. 

5 hours ago, FireWarden1000 said:

I can only hope that your maps are more enjoyable than your reviews. You rated his map a 6, he personally was honest and told you he expected a 5, which you refer to as "very low quality". 

Instead of providing you a list of ideas to use in your review. Increase the build time for the review to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute or 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes. I do not see a reason to rush out a review unless you are participating in a review building competition. Take your time, and write a better quality review. I write reviews in 20 minute or 30 minute development cycles. Which is about 20 or 30 minutes. Read the dictionary to understand the definition of the word "pompous" and how it might apply to your review. It also might help you to improve your redundant style of writing.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

17 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I can only hope that your maps are more enjoyable than your reviews. You rated his map a 6, he personally was honest and told you he expected a 5, which you refer to as "very low quality".

Instead of providing you a list of ideas to use in your review. Increase the build time for the review to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute or 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes. I do not see a reason to rush out a review unless you are participating in a review building competition. Take your time, and write a better quality review. I write reviews in 20 minute or 30 minute development cycles. Which is about 20 or 30 minutes. Read the dictionary to understand the definition of the word "pompous" and how it might apply to your review.

Damn i felt the heat from that one. But yes like i've said i'm not looking to climb the top any time soon, like sitama or one punch man once said "i'm in it just for fun". Oh and by the way i'm working on a post for the updated version of this map as we speak. i'm taking the feed back from people who actually give a good review and honest feed back about it.