Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

I made it up. 

EDIT: It's actually from Norse mythology.  Which I am a fan of.

Edited by VanaheimRanger

17 hours ago, Bauul said:

Mine was a Quake 2 skin I always used to play as. He reminded me of Doom, at a time when Quake was all the rage. 

bauul.jpg

There is a demon in some ancient demonological writings named Bael or Baal, I always assumed it was just a different spelling.

Liiitle cringe worthy for my UN but essentially, back in like 2013 or so I watched My Little Pony and I fell in love with the show. After some time I decided to make myself my own OC, Dynamite. At first she was meant to be an Alicorn who couldn't fly or do magic (don't ask >_>).

After some time I realised that's kinda pointless so the wings and horns were removed (also made her fur lighter in colour) and then she became an Earth pony!

As for "Kaitorn"... I literally just vomited the rest of her name out of the blue: "Dynamite Teardrop Alexandra Kaitorn"; decided to use her first and last name and bam! DynamiteKaitorn became my UN!

As for Heich, my favourite letter of the alphabet is H. (DON'T ASK. XD)

I was trying to make a quad damage powerup as my first doom mod but dropped the idea. I kept the sprite around as my profile picture though, but I lost the sprite a while ago. It was a simple reskin of the blursphere with a Q on it. Alas, Q Dude. Hopefully the lazy part will get chopped off soon

3 hours ago, VanaheimRanger said:

There is a demon in some ancient demonological writings named Bael or Baal, I always assumed it was just a different spelling.

A better question is how the hell do you pronounce my username?

Answers on a postcard!

18 minutes ago, Bauul said:

A better question is how the hell do you pronounce my username?

Answers on a postcard!

Hmm, the demon Baal in Ash vs Evil Dead was pronounced like "ball" so I figure like that?  Lol

I have been looking to modify Vanilla Doom, so I had an idea to remake doom in doom, like in the React to the username thread - "Let's redo doom!"

15 hours ago, durian said:

Time to dust this off again:

No-Durian-Sign-Singapore.jpg

I love how there's no fine for the durians. It's just, you better not, if you know what's good for ya...

17 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

...a reference to a certain well known fictional character's birth date and year...

Who ??

I'm not good with names so I simply named myself after the reason I'm on this forum and included my year of birth in the name as well.

Well, when I was making a Reddit account, I decided that I need a nice username.

After a while of thinking, I came up with SirSteveTheGr8. Now, I don't use Reddit anymore, (I deleted my account, for feck's sake) but the name stuck. At least until I ran across a site which doesn't allow usernames that long. So then I just shortened it to just SirSteve.

Steve isn't my real name btw. I just liked the way it sounded.

Inside joke between friends and I from playing airsoft many years ago.  I was never able to get shot when I was inside of the fort we built in the woods, and one buddy goes "Dammit I am sick of these fort escapades!" It was funny as shit the way he said it, and to this day whenever any of us are particularly good at something, we credit it to "more fort escapades."  Just happened to be on my mind when I made the account.

ut5Pwy9.gif

MMMMMMMMMMMM, puddin'!

That or Jello Biafra, and me being in high-school and loving the Dead Kennedys and trying to figure out a user name. I don't know.

I don't think Bill Cosby is that well received anymore. After the, you know... rape.

2 hours ago, Fort Escapades said:

Inside joke between friends and I from playing airsoft many years ago.  I was never able to get shot when I was inside of the fort we built in the woods, and one buddy goes "Dammit I am sick of these fort escapades!" It was funny as shit the way he said it, and to this day whenever any of us are particularly good at something, we credit it to "more fort escapades."  Just happened to be on my mind when I made the account.

Sounds like Babytown Frolics to me. And I'm really surprised there isn't a user here named Babytown Frolics. I like it though.

6 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Pretty damned obvious. My name's Lee Jackson. I do audio, when my disabilities will let me. 'Nuff said. ;)

Wait, the Lee Jackson? The mastermind behind the RoTT and Duke3 soundtracks?

It's a reference to the Fighter class in Hexen who had the name "Baratus" while the "II" part came about when I looked at people's names having roman numerals (during the time I was learning in history class). The "THE" part was added later because I felt like tweaking my nickname.

So it went from "Baratus II" to "THEBaratusII".

https://nobilis.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Entropy

Nobilis, in particular the now scandalously out-of-print and rare second edition, is a dark and beautiful tabletop RPG with scope epic enough that you could conceivably do anything with it. Anything at all.

The "in a nutshell" quote on the cover reads, "Gaiman's Sandman meets Clive Barker's Hellraiser on an absinthe bender, with flowers."

On some level, it asks the question: what if the ancient gods of Lovecraft were beautiful, rather than ugly, but still just as abhorrent?

Setting and system are so flexible and robust that you can pretty much challenge your players to TRY and break it with batshit character concepts and they won't. It would work just fine in one particular campaign if you had player characters alongside each other who were, say...

• An ephemeral presence spread across five people with distinct personalities who collectively rule a nightclub empire
  • A wandering murder-hobo who massacres political extremists
  • A gorgon straight outta ancient Greek mythology with Perseus himself soul-bound as her hated servant
  • A young woman from NZ with a purpose, personality and quest inspired by Sakura: Card Collector (anime)
  • The actual Baron von Munchausen who performs extremely improbable feats on a regular basis
  • Discord, from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  The actual character brought to life.

... Which is a list of player characters from the last game I ran. And it worked beautifully.

Lord Entropy is a canon NPC who presides over Earth. As his name suggests, he represents a certain sense of doomed inevitability.

Edited by LordEntr0py

I wasn't certain if I could complete a map for a community 32 maps megawad, so I didnt tell anyone I was making a map. When the map was done I was in a hurry to submit it so I needed to come up with a quick username.

Spoiler

the map was also rejected.

I wanted to join Doomworld and quickly needed to come up with a name. Since Doom recently is about a "slayer" and mapping involves sectors, I just threw the two things together. Not sure however about the "creative" spelling. It's actually hard to read.

1 hour ago, sectrslayr said:

I wanted to join Doomworld and quickly needed to come up with a name. Since Doom recently is about a "slayer" and mapping involves sectors, I just threw the two things together. Not sure however about the "creative" spelling. It's actually hard to read.

I somehow read it as "mini-slayer", my brain read two different lines at first glance. The plush avatar didn't help heh.

The name is great but I do agree with you that 'Sector Slayer' would do it justice. If you do decide to change it then keep the avatar, love it.