Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

7 hours ago, Omniarch said:

Wait, the Lee Jackson? The mastermind behind the RoTT and Duke3 soundtracks?

I want to know as well.

[EDIT: Asked and answered.

Welcome to this humble corner of the gaming world, Mr. Jackson @leejacksonaudio.]

Edited by ReX

1 hour ago, Final Verdict said:

I somehow read it as "mini-slayer", my brain read two different lines at first glance. The plush avatar didn't help heh.

Sector-Member! :-D

5 minutes ago, ReX said:

I want to know as well.

isn't this why people wasting their time filling "about me" section in their profile?

15 minutes ago, ketmar said:

isn't this why people wasting their time filling "about me" section in their profile?

I checked out Lee Jackson's profile at Doomworld. There is a reference to visiting "the Stetson Factory Outlet Store in Garland, TX" where his wife "took a picture" of him. Wikipedia indicates: "His wife, Brenda, retired from the IRS's office in Dallas in October of 2018." Garland, TX is a suburb of Dallas, TX. Putting the pieces together suggests we're talking about Lee Jackson of D3D and Rise of the Triad fame.

But you could simply go to his official website and skip all the amateur sleuthing. Heh.

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, ReX said:

But you could simply go to his official website and skip all the amateur sleuthing. Heh.

or just trust what is written in "about me" (because why not? ;-):

Former Music and Sound Director for Apogee Software / 3D Realms Entertainment

Composer of "Grabbag," the Duke Nukem theme, along with most of the Duke Nukem 3D soundtrack

Also composed the Shadow Warrior, Stargunner, and Rise of the Triad soundtracks

;-)

11 minutes ago, ketmar said:

or just trust what is written in "about me" (because why not? ;-)

D'oh! How could I have missed that? I suppose I was expecting that blurb on the main page.

Started as Old Hydromancer as a parody of the mtg card Young Pyromancer, then i just got internet bullied on twitch for eating mayo on my pizza so i became the OldMayomancer

14 minutes ago, Mayomancer said:

Started as Old Hydromancer as a parody of the mtg card Young Pyromancer, then i just got internet bullied on twitch for eating mayo on my pizza 

I never heard of pizza with mayo lol

A long time ago, I got my name from dodging rockets in a specific DM level.

Not to mention, strafe running past them.

I have no idea why I picked mine.  I'm actually a health freak and I'd never order a side of fries from McD's... ever.  In fact, I'd never willingly eat at a Mc Donalds to begin with.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:04 PM, Bauul said:

A better question is how the hell do you pronounce my username?

Answers on a postcard!

I just say it like the word "baúl" in Spanish, only with a longer "u" pronunciation

(This is how it's pronounced, and the word means trunk)

I had the same idea, throw in a link to the story while also dropping a friendly hint that a massive thread already exists for this.

But Frank Zappa beat me to it with his expertise in subtlety.

Edit: It would really help if I checked when the thread was made. I mistook this for another new thread by someone else and didn't realise it was the same one I had already posted in a week or so ago. Don't mind me, I'm just suffering from an acute case of stupidity. 

I won't change the original comment above the edit though, maybe someone will get a laugh from it.

Edited by Final Verdict

nickname an ex girlfriend gave me. is that lame? absolutely

pronounced like the political Bob Dole or the fruit brand

I love Mobile suit Gundam universe and decided to name myself after one of the mobile suit (humaniod tanks) of the enemy faction known as Zeon.
Zaku II kai was an advanced upgrade of an already aging mobile suit line, the legendary Zaku II, that carried Zeon throughout the One year war and was deployed as a last ditch effort in order to reinforce Zeon´s forces.

If you want to know more about the legendary Zaku II or Gundam universe, let me reffer you to these two helpfull videos:

and another video about Gundam (UC) as a whole:

I chose this name because I like Linux, and I am good at using it. I chose 1992 because it's when the Commodore Amiga 1200, a great computer, came out. Nothing too crazy for my name.

Working on some doom remake thing, probably gonna be a wad or a pk3, maybe a full on mod, voxel graphics and such.

I love synthwave, but I needed an extra word to have a proper name

Also I love discovering constantly - new things to be precise, but still like a scout

I found Proximity Mine on Wiki Weapon list (searching for guns for spriting reasons), then put it in a Blender, add 2 tablespoons of coolness and a pinch of salt and then mix it well and there, a Proxmin is born!

Edited by Proxmin

Mine is from company that makes... Car radios.

obraz.png.32110e7165bc11632849cbb2d761b18a.png

Always liked their logo, thats why i named myself after them.

Also D in AlpineD means Doom. Short for AlpineDoom

On 5/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, Gokuma said:

second best first post ever.

What's the best first post ever? Enquiring minds want to know.