Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai

How many PWADS do you have to complete to not be considered a poser

12 hours ago, Omniarch said:

a Doom poser (now I have to emphasize the word like Tim Rogers. Thanks for that, @LordEntr0py :P)

You're welcome 😀

I loved his extended deconstruction of what "Doom poser" and what "all of Doom" really means.

By definition, you're only a poser if you attempt to pose as something that you're not. So it doesn't matter how many wads you've played unless you're claiming to be some kind of doomgod or you're saying "I've played every wad worth playing", but claims such as those don't appear very often. And if some people are debating the qualifications of a True Doom Fan™, don't worry about such arbitrary nonsense.

Just now, Pseudonaut said:

By definition, you're only a poser if you attempt to pose as something that you're not. So it doesn't matter how many wads you've played unless you're claiming to be some kind of doomgod or you're saying "I've played every wad worth playing", but claims such as those don't appear very often. And if some people are debating the qualifications of a True Doom Fan™, don't worry about such arbitrary nonsense.

Yeah I know, I was just being jokey :).

To obtain the rank of "Doom Connoisseur", you must complete a pacifist run of NUTS.WAD while standing on your head naked, clutching the little plastic bust of John Romero's head from the Collector's Edition of Sigil between your butt-cheeks.

and by other hand making speedrun with dance pad under your head for control (or else you can glue the rug to the ceiling) to show to this forum pathetic folks, that dare to have the rank of senior and above, who is a true master here.

Скачать видео
Скачать видео

From my point of view it may be all IWAD's and around ~ 50+ different PWAD's you like by some random reason, so you can understand the big picture. In top of that perhaps some gameplay mods, but this is optional.

Edited by UnknDoomer

On 4/17/2021 at 7:22 AM, Biodegradable said:

To obtain the rank of "Doom Connoisseur", you must complete a pacifist run of NUTS.WAD while standing on your head naked, clutching the little plastic bust of John Romero's head from the Collector's Edition of Sigil between your butt-cheeks.

Did that already.

Now what do I do.

You're not a true DooM connoisseur until you've waded through the utter shit that constituted most of the user-created maps and wads of the 1990s. You wouldn't believe how much time can be wasted searching for that rare nugget of pwad gold.

You gots to pay yer dues if you want to sing the blues. Or something.

You have to create your own source port from scratch, without referencing any documentation or the original source code, in Assembly.

After that, use it to play every single PWAD ever created. Not released, created. Hacking into every computer ever used to created PWADS is left as an exercise to the reader.

Be sure to have means to implement the "if you die in the game, you die in real life" rule, if needed.

@DemonicSavage: Fuckin' hilarious satire, if I do say so myself! "Assembly". Ha! Pure comedic gold! But the piece de resistance was this: "if you die in the game, you die in real life" rule". I can't stop chuckling. You really made my evening.

You need to have played enough that your list of top ten favourite maps has nothing to do with the IWADs. The community output has far surpassed the base games, and had done so a long time ago, so get playing!

The PWADS I have complete are:

Plutonia 2
Lunatic
Scythe
Scythe 2

Scythe X Demo
Going Down

I will edit this comment when I'll beat an another PWAD
I enjoy playing them :D

Edited by Teo Slayer

On 4/17/2021 at 10:06 AM, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Joking of course, but just wanted to know how many wads do I need to complete/play, to grant me the elusive status of DOOM connoisseur

So far I completed/played:

1. all IWADS,

2. Scythe (with saves)

3. Scythe 2 (with saves)

4. Valiant

5. Ancient Aliens

6. Good chunk of Alien Vendeta (gave up at map 25, but I´ll try it out again without saves)

7. Going down (saves)

8. Plutonia 2 (saves)

9. Three is a Crowd

10. btsx episode 1

10. 1/2 of Eviternity

11. Japanese Comunity Project

12. Sigil

So far I´m playing through Memento Mori 2 and enjoying my time so far :)

Sunlust is the hardest wad I've ever played, I would recommend playing it if you like challenging wads.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:05 AM, D4NUK1 said:

It's easy actually, you just need to play all of a little colletion of pwads.

I trink it's called "Maximum Doom" 

This dude gets it

On 4/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, Vic Vos said:

Unless you play through the entirety of Maximum Doom, I'm going to scoff at you.

Wait, I haven't done that either. OH NO

That's not enough either. You must also record it. We demand PROOF!!