Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissRaven

Project: Unity Megawad for Doom 2

No no please do not download from that one. I sent them a version that has a keen missing thats tied to a secret by mistake, the one I posted is the fixed version. I don't think idgames updated it yet

Damn, that looks really cool, and the concept itself is really interesting. And the sky textures look awesome, I need to try this

I played the first level in both PrBoom + and Unity Doom and while there was some wierd stuff with the starting screen with PrBoom + they both worked well and while i died quite quickly this is quite nice, good job.

Very interesting wad so far. Enjoying the odd setups and the semi-slaughter gameplay.

MAP16: Sector 142 is unreachable secret sector.

MAP18: Yellow door does not need the yellow key to open.

MAP23: Doesn't look like there's a way to reach secret sector 133 (also it doesn't contain anything)

Edited by NuMetalManiak

44 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

I played the first level in both PrBoom + and Unity Doom and while there was some wierd stuff with the starting screen with PrBoom + they both worked well and while i died quite quickly this is quite nice, good job.

That's because prboom+ doesn't support 16:9 starting screens. I believe it's only 4:3 displayed as 16:9. So you will see it been shifted to the left. At least it's fine on unity, crispy and any sourceport that has 16:9 support.

10 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Very interesting wad so far. Enjoying the odd setups and the semi-slaughter gameplay.

MAP16: Sector 142 is unreachable secret sector.

MAP18: Yellow door does not need the yellow key to open.

MAP23: Doesn't look like there's a way to reach secret sector 133 (also it doesn't contain anything)

You downloaded the wrong version. Map 16's issue was fixed. The version I posted here is the correct version. As for map 18, whoops. As for map 23 not sure what you are on about, I just checked and all secrets are reachable and have something in them. Could you provide a screenshot? Maybe I'm missing something.

These are some interesting skies and the maps seems to have the kind of abstraction I like! Downloading it.

I like the midi choices.

Alright, I finished it (or at least as much as I'm going to do). The things of note that I didn't like were the abundance of teleporters and the odd architecture. I don't mind simplistic looks but I prefer a more realistic approach to world building. The combat was okay. There's not much in the way of ambushes so you're allowed to set your own pace.

Edited by Bryan T

WAD has been updated, map 18's mistagged door is now properly tagged. Also added a dehacked file to have auto map names (though level: is missing because of limit) and a custom story we came up with. Enjoy! Download from the link on original post.

Music tracks:

D_DOOM2    "More" from TNT by Tom Mustaine
D_EVIL    "Overload" from Plutonia Revisited by PRIMEVAL
D_ROMER2    "Dry Gulch" from the NRFTL music pack by JD Herrera
D_RUNNIN    "CV3 - Aquarius Remix" by silentzorah, based on a Castlevania 3 track

BEX patch for ProjectUnity.wad - Pastebin.com

This PWAD requires anyway, yes or yes, a limit-removing port (it is not vanilla compatible, as stated in its text file). Thus, I think the normal release should use a BEX patch embedded as a DEHACKED lump, and the possible official add-on, a DMAPINFO lump. Both support customising the par times and the flats of the text screens.

Doom file template - The Doom Wiki at DoomWiki.org

The text file does not follow above, the standard template.

5 hours ago, Diabolución said:

BEX patch for ProjectUnity.wad - Pastebin.com

This PWAD requires anyway, yes or yes, a limit-removing port (it is not vanilla compatible, as stated in its text file). Thus, I think the normal release should use a BEX patch embedded as a DEHACKED lump, and the possible official add-on, a DMAPINFO lump. Both support customising the par times and the flats of the text screens.

Doom file template - The Doom Wiki at DoomWiki.org

The text file does not follow above, the standard template.

We tested it with dos, but to be fair we didn't test every map. We used Unity for most of the testing. We assumed it worked with DOS. If it doesn't then just use either Unity, or another source port. I know nothing about DMAPINFO and I couldn't find anything online that helped me learn how to do it, but I may have easily overlooked how to do it. If someone has a tutorial video of some kind on how to do it, I'd absolutely love to add it. As far as the text file, it's fine the way it is, still working on the midi credits, at some point that will be updated with the proper credits to all the midis.

On 4/14/2021 at 2:29 PM, THiEF said:

Hecktown.png

"That's one doomed space marine..."

Joking aside, how do you get all the secrets in MAP02? I found the secret area near where the Red Skull Key is, but I have no idea about the others.

Edited by Rudolph

3 hours ago, Rudolph said:

"That's one doomed space marine..."

Joking aside, how do you get all the secrets in MAP02? I found the secret area near where the Red Skull Key is, but I have no idea about the others.

The other two secrets are very hidden for sure. I can give you a hint and say there is a small teleporter at the marble stairs and torches to shoot at the beginning. 

Then, I do not know how to get the last secret: the teleporter only brings me back to the beginning.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Then, I do not know how to get the last secret: the teleporter only brings me back to the beginning.

Think back to tenements. Remember how there is a small teleporter sticking out of the wall by the red key? There is one similar by some stairs. That might be the one you are missing. Took me ages to find it too lmao

Neither vanilla Doom nor Chocolate Doom will be ever able to run this PWAD, as its maps are too detailed. The minimum would be something like Boom or MBF, something that increases or removes the limits whilst fixing certain visual glitches, such as tutti-frutti artifacts and Medusa artifacts.

Thus, it does not make sense to use the restrictive legacy DeHackEd format. BEX is the way to go, as it is supported natively by Boom, MBF, PrBoom, PrBoom-Plus, Woof!, Crispy Doom, ZDoom, GZDoom...

As for the syntax of DMAPINFO:

DMAPINFO - The Doom Wiki at DoomWiki.org

I do think that BEX and DMAPINFO can coexist together, as the Unity Port would simply ignore the former.

Finally, the text file does not follow the mentioned standard. For example, there is no description, permissions regarding reuse and whatnot are not specified... I would suggest using the nice text file generator of doomworld.com/idgames, so that said front-end can parse it out smoothly:

Text File Generator - Doomworld /idgames database frontend

These are good examples of text files:

https://youfailit.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/btsx_e1.txt

https://youfailit.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/btsx_e2.txt

Of course, these are recommendations, not commands, obviously.

4 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Neither vanilla Doom nor Chocolate Doom will be ever able to run this PWAD, as its maps are too detailed. The minimum would be something like Boom or MBF, something that increases or removes the limits whilst fixing certain visual glitches, such as tutti-frutti artifacts and Medusa artifacts.

Thus, it does not make sense to use the restrictive legacy DeHackEd format. BEX is the way to go, as it is supported natively by Boom, MBF, PrBoom, PrBoom-Plus, Woof!, Crispy Doom, ZDoom, GZDoom...

As for the syntax of DMAPINFO:

DMAPINFO - The Doom Wiki at DoomWiki.org

I do think that BEX and DMAPINFO can coexist together, as the Unity Port would simply ignore the former.

Finally, the text file does not follow the mentioned standard. For example, there is no description, permissions regarding reuse and whatnot are not specified... I would suggest using the nice text file generator of doomworld.com/idgames, so that said front-end can parse it out smoothly:

Text File Generator - Doomworld /idgames database frontend

These are good examples of text files:

https://youfailit.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/btsx_e1.txt

https://youfailit.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/btsx_e2.txt

Of course, these are recommendations, not commands, obviously.

This is actually great info. Will look more into it and will update the text file over time to be more proper, with hopefully a full list of the midi credits. Thank you.

So I can't seem to figure out DMAPINFO. I see other WAD's with it and they all look different. I tried to do it similar to BTSX but it didn't seem to work for me (I assume because lack of knowledge) If someone knows what they are doing, and can help with it, I'll be glad to put you in the credits for helping!

Edit: Thanks to an awesome dude named Arsinikk, we got it figured out :>

Edited by THiEF

WAD has been updated to have DMAPINFO and custom PAR times.

Known issue for Unity: Map 32 does not appear in the level select. Must IDCLEV to it for now. Will investigate.

Edit: Issue fixed

Edited by THiEF