Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Eternity automap now has an overlay mode

The Eternity Engine automap now has an overlay mode, where it acts like a HUD on top of your game view. The interface is equivalent to that of PrBoom+ and Crispy Doom: while inside the automap, you can press a key to toggle the overlay mode, similar to how you can toggle the follow mode or the grid.

You will get it on tomorrow's DRDteam devbuild.

Here's how it looks:

etrn52.png.b424631da85a250afe1d3e74a517c18d.png

To activate it, you may need to bind a key to it. On a new Eternity install, it is the o key, but if you're upgrading Eternity, you'll need to bind it. Go to: Options > Key Bindings > Functions > automap page and bind a key to Overlay Mode (or use the console: bind o map_overlay).

EDIT: I updated the picture. Initially it had the textual HUD elements visible during the overlay map, but now they can only be seen in the classic map, after user feedback.

Edited by printz

I've updated it to no longer show the map name, coordinates, time in the overlay view. For them, you need to switch to the classic view (using the same key).

Awesome! When I played Heartland this was one of the few things I really missed from Crispy Doom and PrBoom+.