Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

The cult at my school

I have a cult at my school. Its called young life. Every easter new members of yl.
go to Aquire The Fire. The new Members burn any thing that is nonchristan. Cds t-shirts,posters and books. They clame that they are not a cult. I think they are. What do you all think?

Demons Hand said:

I have a cult at my school. Its called young life. Every easter new members of yl.
go to Aquire The Fire. The new Members burn any thing that is nonchristan. Cds t-shirts,posters and books. They clame that they are not a cult. I think they are. What do you all think?

I don't think it's upright in them to burn that which is not Christian, true Christians keep an open mind towards all religion, but stay true to Christianity. I think that they just might be a cult, though they claim they're not.

They certainly sound like a dangerous bunch of nutters, regardless of whether or not they are a cult.

They might just be pyromaniacs.

i think that he meant that the new members burn their OWN possessions that are not christian. aren't cults kind of "unofficial" organizations, so i think they are a cult...

Tell them they're not really Christians so they burn themselves.

If you need help convincing them just tell them about how the Bible is all rescripted with lots of bastardization and even the original contains errors. Paul had a couple King Herold's mixed up and based Jesus's birth year partly on their reigns resulting in that being off by four years (1996 would have been his 2000th birthday). A good one to three fourths of the Bible are omitted because they were just written by some sect of Christians to attack another sect.

And all the depictions of Jesus as a tall white guy with long hair are wrong. He was short dark skinned Middle Eastern Semite with short dark curly hair and the painting of black Jesus is actually a bit closer.

Just explain that stuff to them and hopefully they'll light themselves up pretty quick regardless of your or my beliefs or lack thereof.

major source of info: some recent 2002 issue of Popular Mechanics, November or December maybe

Heh. Seems like something right out of a Hawthorne or Lovecraft story.

We had those at our school. Fortunately, they didn't burn shit. They just stood around the flagpole while we sat there and made fun of them. Boy, those were the days.

DooMBoy said:

I don't think it's upright in them to burn that which is not Christian, true Christians keep an open mind towards all religion, but stay true to Christianity. I think that they just might be a cult, though they claim they're not.

hmm...i do like fire...

a band of christian monks once surrounded a famous mathmatician (heptite or something), beat her, then dragged her body to a church where they mutilated her until there was pretty much nothing left.

yeah, i think i'll be a christian monk.

our school has Young Life. i havent heard of them burning shit, but they gather about twice a month (every other thursday) at one guys farm place. they photocopy a TON of invitations, about 800 or so, and some YL members give them out to EVERYBODY they see. they are all nice, so i take the invitation (it is a piece of paper with a bunch of random shit on it, quotes jokes etc, and then a map to the place) and kindly go about my business. i dont go, im atheist. i live in georgia, so theyre all a bunch of hicks and all, and this IS the bible belt region, so 99.9 percent of my school is christian, and i know for a fact that a lot of people go to this thing. as far as i can tell, its just a friendly gathering of people to talk and hang out. no burning shit from what ive heard, but a while back they did have a gallon-of-milk chugging contest. i heard it didnt go to well....

Suddenly, I wish the English had wiped out all the puritans and let none of them flee to America. Think about how much better the States would be without those Christian fanatic assholes.

/Me goes and sharpens his machete

Gokuma said:

And all the depictions of Jesus as a tall white guy with long hair are wrong. He was short dark skinned Middle Eastern Semite with short dark curly hair and the painting of black Jesus is actually a bit closer.

According to Hong Xiuquan, god has a long beard, a black robe and wears a hat. And the younger brother of Jesus couldn't be wrong could he?

Poor Chinese and their poorly translated copies of the Bible. Good thing the Taiping pissed off the British and the British helped the Qing kick their ass...

DarkWolf said:

According to Hong Xiuquan, god has a long beard, a black robe and wears a hat.

What kind of hat? I'm thinking one of those derbies that Laurel and Hardy wore...

I wasn't really talking about any god. Whether people believe in Jesus as a saviour or not, historically the man existed and he wasn't a tall white guy with long hair.

heh. you know what i would do? i would make a cult called the "people who slap the ass of people who burn non christian shiatzoo."

heh. or play marylin manson music while they prey or do dumb christian shit. especially in skewl.

i aint saying god is evil and i aint saying that i am antichrist. i am just that i hate people who go over the top wit shit and i like to push them around and make them mad.

Im not in any religion and dont plan to ever be and dont know anything about any of them. These people just sound fucked up to me, kick the shit out of them if they burned my cd's id burn there faces with a blow toarch.

Demons Hand said:

What with this and your mom's b/f it sounds like you're from an even worse version of Hellsville USA than Sephiroth...