Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai

It´s time to give Decino Caco for best Doom player 2021

He's a very likable fellow. The first time I watched him, I found his voice a bit off-putting, but now he's the only videogame player on earth that I watch. 

27 minutes ago, lokbustam257 said:

He just won a deathmatch against Romero, he didn't kill.

Decino killed the DM Mood of Romero with that quad kill back and forth thou.

It was an unfair fight, the satanic black nail polish that gives Romero his supernatural gaming abilities got cracked.

8 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

Well, now I know what I'm going to do next weekend 

10 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

Really depends on what you define as "kill."

In the original Icon of Sin map, Romero says "To win the game you must kill me, John Romero." After you kill him, Doom II proceeds to the epilogue and enemy slideshow, which means that the player has won. It also puts Romero in his death state, which, you know, kills him. For more abstract definitions, you'd have to ask John himself.

I’ll nitpick because it’s fun: The quote isn’t “to win this game you must FRAG me, John Romero”, and DM is all about fragging.

Fragging is not the same as killing. “What’s the difference?” I hear you ask.

6 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I’ll nitpick because it’s fun: The quote isn’t “to win this game you must FRAG me, John Romero”, and DM is all about fragging.

Hmm, perhaps we need to consult a lawyer well versed in Doomer law to get to the heart of this matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a cacoward some day for his yt content, but beating Romero in a deathmatch sure makes for a good campaign.

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Decino is not that great at doom, and beating Romero, who himself is far from being particularly good at doom compared to this community's best runners or deathmatchers, is not a feat that deserves an award... What..? Oh, you didn't want serious replies to this thread..? My bad...

So we're supposed to one-up the skill of Decino and Romero over a fun little deathmatch because...?

Dude, it's two little lego men shooting green orbs at each other. You're not as cool as you think you sound.

20 minutes ago, BunnyWithBeans said:

So we're supposed to one-up the skill of Decino and Romero over a fun little deathmatch because...?

...because the thread title says "best doom player 2021", which is clearly not the case for either... It's really unfortunate when things are that self-explanatory, right?

Meanwhile, the Unity port of Doom still doesn't have deathmatches.

Still, really cool to watch this!

The unity port has deathmatch, and explicitly introduced a new mode relatively recently which is like altdeath but makes weapons stay, long considered the one major weakness of altdeath rules. Maybe it doesn't on some platforms...

Decino freely admits he isn't the best doom player. With regards to his recent No Chance run, he mentioned that UV play was explicitly reserved for the doom gods and mentioned a number of the players who took the credit for clearing that seemingly impossible challenge, and an 86 run death compilation certainly gives context for where he lies. He's a good and entertaining player, but I don't think we need to ascend him to godhood.

1 hour ago, Eric Claus said:

Hmm, perhaps we need to consult a lawyer well versed in Doomer law to get to the heart of this matter.

It might take splattering said heart across the floor, walls and ceiling, though, so.

4 minutes ago, SaladBadger said:

Maybe it doesn't on some platforms...

Only Android/iPhone, given the lack of the ability to do splitscreen. All other platforms including PC on Steam, BNet and Windows Store/Gamepass have splitscreen.

It´s time to give Decino Caco for best Doom player 2021

areyousureaboutthat.gif

On 4/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

I mean he´s the only player to beat DOOM, no?

"To win the game you must kill me, John Romero."

Just like I commented on the video

decino "I pistol started Plutonia and Plutonia 2 on UV-Fast" the magnificent vs. John "To win the game you must kill me" Romero

The battle of the century 

Spoiler

Any ideas for Romero's title?

1 hour ago, TotalTS said:

Meanwhile, the Unity port of Doom still doesn't have deathmatches.

Still, really cool to watch this!

I think you mean there's no deathmatch-centric turf, and I agree that's a shame. I really hope that changes one day.

1 hour ago, SaladBadger said:

The unity port has deathmatch, and explicitly introduced a new mode relatively recently which is like altdeath but makes weapons stay, long considered the one major weakness of altdeath rules. Maybe it doesn't on some platforms...

It has Deathmatch 3 now (weapons stay + items respawn)? Excellent! I wasn't aware that had been added in, such a great feature.

12 minutes ago, BunnyWithBeans said:

give him a daikatana related nickname

i don't think he is, nor should be, ashamed of Daikatana.

Can anyone name better YT Doomers who make live-commented content while playing the kinds of WADs decino does? 

In total, considering all the factors that go into it, he's the most entertaining YT Doomer that i know of (this isn't to put down anyone else, i enjoy the content of at least seven regularly), and if he's not the best, he isn't far behind.  Sorry for saying something this vague, but he plays from the heart and not to be the best, i think.

@dei_eldren

A1s, touchdown, and korendian199 are three that come to mind that I think might qualify as a "higher tier". I'm not a good judge of that though

A1s posts videos often and he's doing crazy shit like Flotsam, Dimensions, and Stardate 20X7

4 minutes ago, DOEL said:

@dei_eldren

A1s, touchdown, and korendian199 are three that come to mind that I think might qualify as a "higher tier". I'm not a good judge of that though

Many thanks - found all their channels and will check them out!

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Truly a conundrum we shall have to face before we give Decino his Cacoward...

There hasn't been best player award, although I would be onboard with giving him (or MtPain) creator of the year. Both create outstanding non-game content that has placed more focus on older Dooms.

If there was best player, it should probably be given for outstanding achievements like something absolutely mental like Daerik's recent (albeit last year) D2ALL UV-max Sunlust.