Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arablover

Key bindings in ZdoomGL?

In Zdoom 2 I was advised to create a file called autoexec.cfg and inserted the following lines:

doublebind "mouse2" "+useforward"
alias "+useforward" "+forward; +use"
alias "-useforward" "-forward; -use"

This allows me to use the right mouse button to move AND open doors.

Can I implement this in ZdoomGL?

Cheers.

Jeremy

You should be able to... Anything that works in ZDoom is *supposed* to work in ZDoomGL :)

Zdoom has a file called zdoom-home which holds the configuration settings and the path to the autoexec.cfg file.

There is no configuration file with ZdoonGL!

Help please!

Cheers.

Jeremy

Arablover said:

Zdoom has a file called zdoom-home which holds the configuration settings and the path to the autoexec.cfg file.

It may also be worth pointing out that it's only called zdoom-home.ini presumably because whe you use your machine, you are logged on as "home". Zdoom(gl) looks at the current windows user and generates a file name for that user. This allows other people to log on and have their own ini files.

If you want to force Zdoom(gl) to use a specific ini file, add it to the command line with the config parameter

zdoomgl -config filename.ini

If you do not want the commands you have placed in your autoexec.cfg executed every time you start, you could put them in another config file. This can be run either by making it the first parameter on the command line, or using the +exec option

eg

zdoomgl myconfig.cfg -file whatever.wad

or

zdoomgl -file whatever.wad +exec myconfig.cfg