Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dmslr

UFO thread (don't bring conspiracy theories)

They're just flying objects that aren't identified; the term "UFO" is way too associated with extra-terrestrials, which I imagine is why "UAP" is being used here. I think that rather than speculate baselessly on what they are, it's better to just wait for any findings to be made public. Extraterrestrial life is one of the least likely possibilities.

35 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Extraterrestrial life is one of the least likely possibilities.

It would be impossible. the closest galaxy is 70,000 light-years away (and I'm pretty sure it can't house life), and after that, there are so many reasons why it wouldn't come to earth without us realizing it. There are billions of galaxies in the solar system and for some Aliens to randomly decide to come to Earth would be absurd. We would have noticed it on its at least 100,000-year journey at some point. And, why would an alien ship just stay there and then fly away without taking things like natural oils or destroy the earth for its resources? like, would Aliens be like, "Well, we came here for no reason whatsoever, let's head back guys on our 100,000-year journey." I mean, there might be aliens millions or billions of light-years away, but we'll never see them. 

2 hours ago, northivanastan said:

They're just flying objects that aren't identified; the term "UFO" is way too associated with extra-terrestrials

Have said this myself many times.

2 hours ago, Chip said:

It would be impossible.

Unless their technology far outstrips ours. I do agree though, the point of such a journey would be a bit of a mystery though shy of simple curiosity and observation, just as we are doing looking at the Moon, Mars etc.

The skeptic in me has a hard time with UFOs. I definitely think most of them are misidentified natural phenomena. I have seen people say "OMG look UFO" while showing a video of a glowing orb that is flying back and forth so violently and randomly that one would have to think Joe and Jimmy Martian were getting into the SpaceWhiskey before jumping behind the controls. But when you get people like military personal and police saying they have seen what appears to be an actual craft, or sightings which seem to have been verified by multiple witnesses from multiple vantage points, then it becomes a lot harder to just dismiss them out of hand as the work of people not understanding what they are seeing, idiots making up nonsense, or lunatics. There's clearly something to at least a small percentage of sightings, but just what that might be... no idea.

Now forgive me for going way too le skeptic, but: ufo's are nothing, just random lights that are in the sky, or satellites, but when people genuinely believe in the idea of a god, it's not really a surprise that people blow random lights in the sky out of proportion, but who knows, "maybe humans aren't the only thing in the universe." i would say if i was a moron, but as a intellectual who sees foolish beliefs as what they are: fallacies and nothing more then our stupid ape brains looking for things that don't exist.

That being said, i feel like the pentagon is just messing with people at this point, might as well live up to the the clown label.

Not saying it’s aliens, but it’s aliens :-P

Na honestly I definitely believe aliens exist on other planets in the universe (probably even intelligent and technological advanced ones) but doubt they are dropping by earth every now and then.