Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Percy T

What would you add to/change about your favorite songs to make them better?

For me, I love Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden, I think it's an amazing song with catchy lyrics and some great riffs, but during the entire guitar solo, theres only guitar, bass and drums playing. It feels very empty and kind of ruins the song for me. Now you could say it's kind of "dark" so it fits the theme of the song, but I would add a backing rhythm guitar during the solo to help fill in the empty mix and make the song feel more alive. 

I'm not overly fond of the fact that Opeth's By the Pain I See in Others is backended by 5 minutes of almost total silence. There's some really quiet chanting going on during some of it but it is literally silent for most of it. 

Why would I want to change anything about my favorite songs? To me, the whole point of a song being my favorite is that I like it as it is. No changes needed.

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Why would I want to change anything about my favorite songs? To me, the whole point of a song being my favorite is that I like it as it is. No changes needed.

Well I'm not limiting it to your favorites, just any song. Although I could have worded it differently :P

I wouldn't do anything to the songwriting itself, but I'd like to listen to the early Napalm Death and Carcass stuff with better production. The guitars especially suffer a lot and it's hard to tell what they're doing sometimes.