Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter

No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack (RELEASED)

1 minute ago, i suck at nicknames said:

I think I was a bit unclear.......Im talking about the playable wad itself lol, not just the MIDI pack

No, I'm the one who isn't being clear, sorry about that. The For PRBoom and For ZDoom links are the playable WADs.

6 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

No, I'm the one who isn't being clear, sorry about that. The For PRBoom and For ZDoom links are the playable WADs.

Ah I shouldve tested it with GZDoom before asking....sorry about that :P 

Thanks anyways :>

1 hour ago, i suck at nicknames said:

Ah I shouldve tested it with GZDoom before asking....sorry about that :P 

Thanks anyways :>

if you are talking about the NERVE.wad, you have to buy it, as it is an offical release.

The midi pack is just an addon to use on source ports, nothing more.

I would appreciate that someone composed an extra MIDI to replace D_EVIL, used for the cast of monsters after finishing this episode up, at least on PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4.

If there's going to be an update I think there's a problem with @GratefulName's UMAPINFO (for PrBoom+). The levels all show up as "unnamed," you need to define "levelname" and "levelpic" for each map.

Thank you for the new music pack, it rocks. I'm currently using it with Crispy Doom 5.2

On 2/9/2021 at 4:03 PM, Peter said:

Hoping for Crispy Doom support soon, which is down to the devs.

In order to make the soundtrack work with Crispy Doom, assemble a WAD in Slade and import the .mp3 files. Rename the files according to this chart:

"MegaSphere - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 01 MegaSphere - NRFTL Intro.mp3" --> D_DM2TTL.mp3
"MegaSphere - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 03 MegaSphere - NRFTL Intermission.mp3" --> D_DM2INT.mp3
"Dwars - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 12 Ride's Closed Due to Gibs.mp3" --> D_READ_M.mp3
"decino - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 02 Homesick.mp3" --> D_MESSAG.mp3
"TrialD - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 04 Archaic Doctrine.mp3" --> D_DDTBLU.mp3
"JD Herrera - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 05 Dry Gulch.mp3" --> D_DOOM.mp3
"CammyBanana - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 06 The Last Gatling Gun Rodeo.mp3" --> D_SHAWN.mp3
"Sego - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 08 Unbearable torture.mp3" --> D_IN_CIT.mp3
"MegaSphere - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 09 MegaSphere - Staccato Slaughter.mp3" --> D_THE_DA.mp3
"JD Herrera - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 10 Monsieur Gourmet.mp3" --> D_ROMERO.mp3 *
"Bloo - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 11 Darkness Unfolds.mp3" --> D_DDTBL2.mp3
"Rogue Akai and Sumo - No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack - 07 Mountain Slayers of the Eagle's Thunder.mp3" --> D_SHAWN2.mp3

* D_ROMERO.mp3 is arbitrary. I chose that name because the default MIDI fits the map's atmosphere, but it's irrelevant.

The next step is necessary to get Monsieur Gourmet to play correctly on MAP07. Create a file called MUSINFO.lmp:

MAP07
1 D_ROMERO

And insert that file into the music pack WAD. Finally, it's necessary to open MAP07 of NERVE.WAD in Doom Builder and add Thing type 14101 on top of the player start Thing. Save the modified map into the music pack WAD. Make sure your Crispy Doom sound setup is set to MIDI/MP3/OGG/FLAC. Now load the new pwad on top of NERVE.WAD and enjoy.

Edited by Toughguy

Wouldn't it be simpler to call it D_SHAWN so you don't have to bother with MUSINFO and editing the map?

1 minute ago, Gez said:

Wouldn't it be simpler to call it D_SHAWN so you don't have to bother with MUSINFO and editing the map?

I did that already (I named it D_IN_CIT.mp3), and it plays Unbearable Torture for both maps 5 and 7 if I do that. The only way to get those two maps to play different songs is with MUSINFO and Doom Builder unfortunately.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:04 AM, Barking Sands said:

I did that already (I named it D_IN_CIT.mp3), and it plays Unbearable Torture for both maps 5 and 7 if I do that. The only way to get those two maps to play different songs is with MUSINFO and Doom Builder unfortunately.

Why would you use MP3 files though?

11 hours ago, Peter said:

Why would you use MP3 files though?

I changed my mind later and went with midi, but that's only after looking up CoolSoft virtualMIDI and finding a copy of the "Roland SC-55 v3.7.sf2" file for a good sound font. I was using MP3 or OGG files for the Doom music and keeping everything .mp3 kept the volume level consistent.

27 minutes ago, Barking Sands said:

I changed my mind later and went with midi, but that's only after looking up CoolSoft virtualMIDI and finding a copy of the "Roland SC-55 v3.7.sf2" file for a good sound font. I was using MP3 or OGG files for the Doom music and keeping everything .mp3 kept the volume level consistent.

That's SC-55 (EmperorGrieferus version), great soundfont

On 2/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, Rudolph said:

Ah, I think I understand.

I have since acquired the BFG Edition version of nerve.wad and both the music and the level titles are modified accordingly.

Thanks for this, couldn't figure out why it was not working with the wad. that I got from the add-on section of the Unity port. Legit bought BFG Edition just for this and it's working flawlessly - 0 regrets, the pack is banger after banger. Congrats to everyone invovled. Eh, who knows, maybe I'll even force myself to play through Doom 3 again now.

57 minutes ago, lokbustam257 said:

hey Beter @Peter, would you mind to put a release date (when the MIDI is finished) here in this thread? Sound nitpicking yes.

It already released, looks like February 9 of this year

11 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

It already released, looks like February 9 of this year

thanks

Edited by lokbustam257 : no more doomwiki picture

I put together a version of the PrBoom+ .zip with two .wads. One that includes the 4:3 TITLEPIC and INTERPIC, and one with widescreen versions. I can now confirm that this version also works with Woof! and Doom Retro. For the former, if you want to put it in the autoload folder, you might have to get rid of the included umapinfo.lmp that comes prepacked with it and use either one of the WADs depending on your taste in aspect ratio.

nrftl_midipack_prbwfrtr.zip

Just knocked out a replay of NRFTL, this whole OST was a banger!!! Personal favorite was level 6. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Music really changes a lot. Love going back through wads with all these fantastic midi packs dropping thesedays!

I did a minor update before Doom's anniversary. This should be the absolute final version. Original post has the updated files up for download.

Updates:
D_NRFTL1. fixed mistake where snares were placed on top of each other which made it super loud in midi players other than the stock windows one.
D_NRFTL9. fixed mixing of one section with bass that was much louder than it was supposed to.

Sorry for the bump, but have you considered using a DEHACKED instead of MAPINFO to provide support for vanilla sourceports?

Everything the DEHACKED would need is this:

[MUSIC]
RUNNIN = NRFTL1
STALKS = NRFTL2
COUNTD = NRFTL3
BETWEE = NRFTL4
DOOM = NRFTL5
THE_DA = NRFTL6
SHAWN = NRFTL7
DDTBLU = NRFTL8
IN_CIT = NRFTL9

PS: Forget it. The addon doesn't follow the original track order, just realized.

Edited by NightFright

I'm trying to get this to work with nerve.wad in zdoom and it won't. it'll work when i load just normal doom 2 for some reason but not when i load nrftl.

7 minutes ago, ragerat said:

I'm trying to get this to work with nerve.wad in zdoom and it won't. it'll work when i load just normal doom 2 for some reason but not when i load nrftl.

Renaming nerve.wad to anything other than nerve.wad should work.

Are there still plans for Crispy Doom compatibility?

Or is it out of the picture completely?

Not sure if that would be of any use to anyone, but yesterday I wanted to replay NERVE in Crispy Doom, so I added a support for nrftl_midipack_prboomplus.wad. Here is the code: https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/commit/35745b4bcff4b81d496d1d78ecfaf9fd0bf798c2 You can compile Crispy Doom with these changes. Then put nrftl_midipack_prboomplus.wad into autoload/nerve.wad folder.

On 4/30/2021 at 12:26 AM, Diabolución said:

I would appreciate that someone composed an extra MIDI to replace D_EVIL, used for the cast of monsters after finishing this episode up, at least on PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4.

I did construct my own midi to replace D_EVIL, but i'm not sure if I should release it considering it's just a mashup of all the midis from the base NRFTL with "no rest for the wicked" (and even a reference to world spear in the bass at one point). 

I know this thread is three months old but it's surprisingly really simple to port this midi pack to Chocolate DOOM, and you can even have all tracks in there aswell. Pretty neat