Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

5 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

ADP1aaa.zip

I don't have the latest version (ADP1aac.wad).

Thanks Mad! I knew you were there :)

This is unlikely, but...

Does anyone still have the maps from the "1024x1024 competition" held back in 2006? There is a download link here, but it's long since dead, and it's not in the Internet archive.

(I'm mainly asking because I've noticed that I sent a map to that competition, which I don't remember AT ALL, so I want to check it out...)

3 hours ago, JudgeDeadd said:

This is unlikely, but...

Does anyone still have the maps from the "1024x1024 competition" held back in 2006? There is a download link here, but it's long since dead, and it's not in the Internet archive.

(I'm mainly asking because I've noticed that I sent a map to that competition, which I don't remember AT ALL, so I want to check it out...)

I zipped up what I have: 1024comp.zip

Missing:
DRK_1024.zip
entry.wad
gallows.wad
rf_10242.wad
rf_10243.wad
SB.wad

1024_neg!ke.wad is on idgames.

There's a good chance @Grazza might still have 1024maps.zip.

Edited by Mad Butcher

14 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

There's a good chance @Grazza might still have 1024maps.zip.

Only by good fortune: from a backup of a dodgy hard disk ripped out of a long-dead laptop.

1024maps.zip

A while back while poking around for something related to an intermission screen, I stumbled onto a thread here where somebody had set up a project in which the goal was to make levels for Doom I that resembled the locations seen from the view provided on the intermission screens from episodes I-III. If anyone on this thread happens to remember it or want to link me to it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Thirteened_Candles said:

A while back while poking around for something related to an intermission screen, I stumbled onto a thread here where somebody had set up a project in which the goal was to make levels for Doom I that resembled the locations seen from the view provided on the intermission screens from episodes I-III. If anyone on this thread happens to remember it or want to link me to it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I think this is the thread you're looking for. There was some progress with it; in fact, more than I remembered. But the thread hasn't seen any activity in almost 2 years, so I don't know if Dark Pulse abandoned it, or if it was being worked on elsewhere.

21 hours ago, Pegleg said:

I think this is the thread you're looking for. There was some progress with it; in fact, more than I remembered. But the thread hasn't seen any activity in almost 2 years, so I don't know if Dark Pulse abandoned it, or if it was being worked on elsewhere.

That's the one. Shame it died out before reaching completion, I really liked the concept of it. Thank you for finding it though, I appreciate it.

Looking for "The Sewers of Death" a survival-style cooperative map for vanilla Doom, made by Josh Simpson (aka EarthQuake). Thanks

20 minutes ago, FEDEX said:

Looking for "The Sewers of Death" a survival-style cooperative map for vanilla Doom, made by Josh Simpson (aka EarthQuake). Thanks

All the maps from doomvault.com: Doomvault_Maps.zip

It contains 2 versions of The Sewers of Death.

I would like to obtain, if feasible, a pristine copy of ODESS_13.zip. The ZIP within the ZIP was modified, despite this statement by Bob Evans:

NOTE: THIS TEXTFILE SUPERSEDES THE TEXTFILE ZIPPED IN THE ORIGINAL FILE. THAT
TEXTFILE DID NOT ALLOW DISTRIBUTION. THIS ONE DOES.
THE ORIGINAL ZIP FILE IS INTACT WITH TIME STAMP.

9 hours ago, Diabolución said:

I would like to obtain, if feasible, a pristine copy of ODESS_13.zip. The ZIP within the ZIP was modified, despite this statement by Bob Evans:

NOTE: THIS TEXTFILE SUPERSEDES THE TEXTFILE ZIPPED IN THE ORIGINAL FILE. THAT
TEXTFILE DID NOT ALLOW DISTRIBUTION. THIS ONE DOES.
THE ORIGINAL ZIP FILE IS INTACT WITH TIME STAMP.

I have a copy of this wad and the text file does not have this notice, but the sharing is not allowed. Can I upload it?

Sorry for the question!

I am looking for the original version of Extremal Doom by Mikle Ilyin.  I now it is available as  pwad version, but I would like to have the original version. I can't find it anywhere. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: FOUND!

Edited by thestarrover

On 4/30/2021 at 1:50 PM, thestarrover said:

I have a copy of this wad

On 4/30/2021 at 4:25 AM, Diabolución said:

I would like to obtain, if feasible, a pristine copy of ODESS_13.zip.

Thanks for the offer, at any rate.

So, there's this wad that I remember playing about a year or two ago, I'm 99% sure it was Doom 1. The only two notable aspects of it that I remember:

- There was some Doomcute. I remember one level that had a pool in it, and a little office.

- There was another level with a lot of big hallways, and at one point there is big room with like, two or three "generators" and you fight one or two Cyberdemons in it.

I'm quite sure this was just one wad, but it's possible that it's two different ones.

Really appreciate any help.