Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2021...or should I say MAYhem X!

Oh boy, i wonder what new gimmick will appear this year...

Spoiler

please, i hope this will be alternative / obscure IWADS, i'm just tired to see doom 2 all around

Edited by Walter confetti

please, pretty please, select HACX as IWAD, it needs more love and surely will help making more people map for it.
It has fuckton of new content to adapt, and surely new ways of using them will emerge from this project to give it a fresh approach.

Taking a quick gander, it looks like the pain/pickup/radsuit flash palettes haven't been generated for the custom PLAYPAL.

45 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Taking a quick gander, it looks like the pain/pickup/radsuit flash palettes haven't been generated for the custom PLAYPAL.

Cheers for the heads-up, I'll get onto that as soon as I can.

EIDT: Link has been updated! Cheers to @Alper002 for helping out.

Edited by Obsidian

Well after missing the last couple, maybe it is time to actually partake in this series again. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

What a theme this year have! There's something else to know about certain map gimmicks or it's a free for all theme based upon the megaman franchise?

2 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

What a theme this year have! There's something else to know about certain map gimmicks or it's a free for all theme based upon the megaman franchise?

As with MAYhem 2017, we feel that the resources provide enough of a departure that including further mapping restrictions is unnecessary. Do as you will. :)

Does this mean we can't make fun of the mega man side of the community anymore?

2 hours ago, Decay said:

Does this mean we can't make fun of the mega man side of the community anymore?

There's always Sonic.

That never changes.

Hmm, I'd like to participate.

What about the switches though? Or will they be present through step panels?

On 4/30/2021 at 9:45 PM, TMD said:
  • Your resource pack is here: it'll be getting updated with more textures as the month progresses.

I can only assume switches may be covered in this statement here. :)

3 hours ago, Poncho1 said:

Please tell me there's a boss fight with Vile at some point.

I can make that happen!

Edited by VanaheimRanger : Removed my comment from the quote box. This should be an indicator of my expected map quality :p

I've got a thing I wanna submit for this! Yes really, this early on in the month!

My submission is called "Sea Trash"

The music is a midi conversion of the music from the second level of Pop'n Twinbee for the SNES. Credit goes to Zenkusa from vgmusic.com!

Difficulties are supported, all player starts are there, and I made sure there was as little possibility of softlocks in co-op as possible!

SeaTrash.zip

It takes place under a sea where some sort of technologically advanced building has sunk or been flooded.

Contains incredibly little usage of the actual custom textures provided, to unexpectedly interesting results!

Also featuring a "boss fight" against "S.S. Man"! ;)

I will not be surprised when this lands outside of the standard map rotation, the only mega man texture I used was for the boss doors lol

That doesn't mean I didn't attempt to make it feel like some sort of megaman level though, otherwise I wouldn't feel as good about submitting for this!

On 5/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, cannonball said:

Well after missing the last couple, maybe it is time to actually partake in this series again. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Same feelings. Haven't touched a map editor for over half a decade...

Resource pack in the OP has been updated with new textures, some switches and a swanky set of STBAR graphics designed by @Dragonfly. He's an excellent dude like that.

Screenshot_Doom_20210509_173540.png.07cd2b1e09b6b4290a2926da953d472e.png

Though the place was too silent, so I'll post some work in early progress. I do use textures not currently in the pack, hopefully no one minds 😛

I'm stepping out. May is not a good month for me atm. (To be honest no month will the way my life's going)

I should probably show a little progress of my own, shouldn't I?

unknown.png

Fairly innocuous for the moment, but I like where it's going. Expect a resource update within the next week!

Are there only two weapons (the blaster and the melee weapon) or am I wrong?

It looks very restrictive for me gameplay-wise.

8 minutes ago, Roofi said:

Are there only two weapons (the blaster and the melee weapon) or am I wrong?

It looks very restrictive for me gameplay-wise.

No, these 2 weapons replaced said existing weaponry (the BFG and the Pistol). All other weapons remained untouched and can be placed by mappers.

Alright, I'm gonna try to release a resource update some time tomorrow with some additional textures. If any of you folks want to add particular custom textures to your maps (and they're suitably Megaman-themed), then send me a PM with the textures and I'll add them. I believe @dac and @Altazimuth might've mentioned wanting to use some custom textures, if memory serves.