Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Biz!

Most Useful Quake 1 Weapon

Which is the most useful towards fighting enemies? This is your opinion, I may integrate these weapons into a S E C R E T project in progress right now. o_o

Well, either the super shotgun as your standard go-to weapon, or the Perforator as a "shit just hit the fan weapon". Bouncing grenades around corners and arcing them in to Scrags was always really fun as well.

The Perforator is really the only one that stands out amongst the crowd, due to it's high fire rate. The Thunderbolt was always kind of worthless, it was just the Perforator with a constant fire rate, but with extremely limited ammunition. Although it was kind of fun playing death match, and jumping in to water where three or four other people were fighting, and discharging the Thunderbolt. Yeah, you died too, but you still killed three or four other people.

Edit: I never much cared for the rocket launcher. Yeah it's fun to use for rocket jumping, and it's useful in death match, but I always preferred the grenade launcher. It could be used in a much more tactical manner. And really, most games have a rocket launcher, it's not exactly something unique. I think a giant, four barreled nailgun is more interesting.

And in death match I usually just went with the super shotgun, I like getting up close and personal. And getting that close to your opponent means they can't use the rocket launcher unless they have a death wish; or a pentagram of protection or mega health.

Edited by Jello : PSXDoomer posted while I was typing my response.

I've always favoured the grenade launcher, and after finding out it has a higher rate of fire than the rocket launcher, it's pretty much all I want to use. RL is usually thought of as the best in DM from what I gather.

Grenade launcher has the damage, ammo, and being able to hit enemies in ways other weapons can't. It's also a platforming tool, so I think grenade launcher easily takes the spot of most useful weapon.

Rocket Launcher and Super Nailgun are the most useful weapons in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Jello said:

The Thunderbolt was always kind of worthless, it was just the Perforator with a constant fire rate, but with extremely limited ammunition.

Yeah. It would be my favorite weapon if you could actually fire it for more than like ten seconds in total across the entire campaign.

I'll nominate the Happy Gun.

Being the only 2 reliably good damaging weapons, the super nailgun and the rocket launcher.

Both shotguns feel really weak, the grenade launcher is okay if you wanna arch it around corners or over a ledge, the regular nailgun does conserve ammo better but is weaker and I barely used the tesla lightning gun thing.

For the default game I'd go with the Super nailgun. For Arcane Dimensions I'd say the tri barrelled shotgun which is a damn good upgrade.

Most useful? Toss-up between the Super Nailgun and the Thunderbolt, SNG for quick fodder removal and TB for quick dispatching of heavy enemies.  Most fun? Rocket Launcher.