Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

I got a question for you people...

first, i downloaded the legacy engine.

second, i unzipped it to C:\unzipped\legacy_140_win32[1].

third, what do i do next? please give the steps for installing the required things that i need to do to play online with the legacy players.

You need to place an "IWAD" in that directory. IWADS are :

doom.wad
doom2.wad
tnt.wad
plutonia.wad

The IWAD is the game you play. It has all resources in it (and therefor is still commercial, not freeware like the engines). You can get these files from your original Doom copy.

Doom Legacy is "just" an engine that renders images on your screen, reads your keyboard input and moves you around the levels. A different engine with the same IWAD file gives almost the same result (gameplay wise). Its free, there is no demo, if you have the latest version you have the full engine :)

To player Doom Legacy online, theres only one URL I need to point you to: www.doomconnector.com :)
Thats all you need. Also covers ZDaemon and jDoom, and more support is coming.

I currently have no problem, I just wondered about your
"theres only one URL" statement ... and you felt hurt
once more I guess. Seriously, do you have a problem with
critism? It really seems to me, that you have !

dude there was no problem, but now you just starting to annoy me so i geuss thats what you want to be...?!

yea well i had enough of it. If you theres something you dont like about someone else stuff, its best to be quiet and stay away from it than posting verbal poop. thanks.

why that?

...than posting verbal poop.

Its good that we're not forced to talk. And so its often better too choose to say nothing if you cant say anything but shit.
Now im gonna leave you to your thoughts, you heard me, enough of that shit.

IWADS as most of you probably know, contain every bit of information that any engine will need to run the game. So if the game is missing so much information, it won't run. Don't worry everyone makes mistakes. I make TONS! Like forgetting a texture that I was supposed to put, or a teleport landing, and even my terrible spelling is a good example of mistakes. Live and learn I always say.

Man I really have to find a way to say these things in shorter posts.