Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber-menace

Good day everybody! O and I need a little help. PLEASE!

Hello this is the cyber-menace, no not the phantom menace, the cyber menace. I've been working with DOOM for a long time now maybe 2 years, not straight, just on and off. Now I've seen all these new speical effects and I think that well, mine and my supplier's wads kinda, well, how should I put this, STINK. I don't really wanna buy the full version of Deepsea because I can handle WinDEU pretty well. What I'm saying is, I wanna make a miniture version of a cyberdemon which I will call the Cybermenace! Yup, that's how I got my nickname. I've seen REns' work, you know the guy who made the mini-demons and that cool fog and earthquake effect. So what I need to know is, which program should I use to make a mini-cyberdemon and how do I do it! Right now I don't have any of my work published, but my supplier does! Sorry though there are things on the page that disobey the Terms of Service for these forums so I can't post a link!

Yay you read the FAQ! Anyway, juse use PSP for making a mini-cyberdemon, just resize it. You can use deh to change the Cyb's health and stuff.

If you use EDGE, you can change the Cybie's scale, effectively shrinking him. I had miniture, chaingun-toting Cybies prowling MAP03 once...

cyber-menace said:

So what I need to know is, which program should I use to make a mini-cyberdemon and how do I do it!

Also, if you use ZDooM, you can scale the sprites using DeHacked. It preserves the graphic resolution, while reducing the sprite size. Ask, if you want more details on this method.

And if that fails, you could just grab a few sprites from Strain. I haven't played it in a long time, but I do seem to remember that it had tiny Cyberdemons.

so you're still using DEU yea? cool! its the best level editor ever (just my opinion - no discussion intended).

all the level editing tricks randy has added to zdoom can be implemented using zdooms editor ZETH wich is actually based on DETH, wich was originally based on DEU. you can add new stuff with a lot of the editors as they mainly use additional linedefs plus things/sector specials but you should go for ZETH as it really is pretty close to DEU in means of how you create your level (dunno about windeu really as nostalgic me always sticked to the DOS versions).

still - you might concider checking out some of the other level editors as they do offer quite a lot of new stuff (especially all the comfortable gfx/lump/texture editing stuff) and its not really hard to get used to them, too. the shareware version of deep is capable of the gfx stuff btw.

you can always ask in the dw forums but you really should read the (dated but still valid) docs of zdoom and the tutorials:

http://zdoom.notgod.com/reference/
http://zdoom.notgod.com/zdkb/

It's always nice to see a n00b who actually reads the FAQ before posting. Welcome to DW, Cyber Menace.

Thanks guys! And what a warm welcome! I don't think I've felt more welcome anywhere, not even in my own family. I mainly got the idea for mini-cyberdemons from the post from Rens ... not sure how the rest of the name goes ... and his mini demons. My brain hurts from so many complicated technological programming types. I'll consult the FAQ see if it answers any of my questions! Oh yes and I plan to replace those damn commander keen things for my mini-cyberdemons ... they REALLY piss me off.

BlueSonnet said:

doomcenter.com to find it.

Uh, I thought Doomcenter didn't exist anymore? Yeah.

Enjoy your expectedly long stay at DooMWorld!