Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtomicFrog

DOOM64EX RELOADED

This is Altar of Pain mostly finished. I still need to do a bit of finer detailing and add a switch puzzle for the shrine. This is the first map to include Immorpher's high def cloud texture 'as I kept forgetting to add it to the wad' There are also quite a few of Immorpher's other textures used. I shall be using these throughout the hell levels. I found this map to be really low on weapon pickups. On a pistol start you get only an SSG, ChainGun, Plasma. Which whilst its still doable... its a bit harsh. So Ive included a ChainSaw 'positioned similarly to the TC version... and a Rocket Launcher. I will most likely add a Berserk to... you know... for Berserk Tysoners The skydef now has fogging. Most if not all of the Reloaded hell levels will. The Mountain back pic does not work with anything other than the lightest of fogging. So in this case I removed it and constructed a more rocky mountainous outer area. As Ive turned the Gammer up to get a decent recording the fogging doesnt show as it should. Altar of Pain is probably one of Doom64's more iconic levels so I hope this does it justice.
One thing Altar of Pain does is show off just how more fluid targeting is with mouse aim.

I made this as this 'egg that never was' for Doom64 Reloaded. It will be accessible in the map 'BreakDown' via a trick switch puzzle that requires the player to have obtained all three Artefacts. 
Immorpher is working in a special track for this map. For now... you'll have to play 'Breathe' by the Prodigy over it... to get a feel for how it will be.
This is a recreation of Club Doom on the PS1 version.
Ive used a lot or artwork by a person by the name of MuHut. Ive credited their work on the large BillBoard texture. If you're in contact with them let them know.

Here's a preview of the work being done on Breakdown for Doom 64 Reloaded (see the description for links). It's got some new mood and dread!

15 hours ago, PSXDoomer said:

This looks AWESOME. Even more Doom 64 projects. I love it!

Thanks... Apparently this level above all others was supposed to be the creepiest. With a feeling of dread that creeps the player out with every corner they turn. 
This level also contains the missing 'Easter Egg' that was apparently supposed to be in the original. 
That egg 'may or may not' have been something to do with a dart projectile forming a heart shape. No one knows for sure.
However I found that to be pretty weak. So the egg is 'ClubDoom' Good luck finding it when I release the final wad lol

If anyone is using EX and wants to build a 'fun' map for Reloaded then let me know.
It just has to 'play' good.
No need to spend time getting it to look like a 'Reloaded' map as Im happy to go over it and add all the bells and whistles ;)
The original game had three fun maps.
But with EX... I could add more... up to about 30... as after Map 32 the level warp wont go no further.
Im not looking for 30... lol... just to say... there could be loads.
So there wont be a short list of the best. If you can make something quick and fun and a bit original in gameplay... that would be epic.
Or just quick and fun and solidly tried and tested. Its all good.
I think if Reloaded had a decent number of 'Fun' maps unlocked by completing Hectic and 'The Trail of Pain' that would be epic. So if we can double the original 3 to 6 that would be lovely.
So far... Ive made Vault-51... and I have someone working on a Reloaded 'Death Labs'

Edited by AtomicFrog

Quick teaser video of the new 'Fun' map... and I use the word 'fun' in the loosest term possible.
CAROUSEL OF CHAOS!
This is a collaboration map of mine and Giraffe64.
I built the map and macroed the floor... Giraffe64 has added his on touch by adding... well... lets just say theres a fair few things to contend with lol
This map is a bit of a joke map that's supposed to be frustrating. 
Ive seen Giraffe complete it so it's not a cheezeball death map.
The real fun will be trying to speedrun it.

4 minutes ago, AtomicFrog said:

This FUN map is so much 'fun' you'll go insane 

That map is so crazy! haha

25 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

That map is so crazy! haha

Blame Giraffe... I wanted this map to be purely educational

This is the 'true' final level of Reloaded... which can only be reached on WMD if all three Artefacts are obtained. Heres a playthrough that doesnt used mid level saves... although I did save along the way just in case. Ive played this map a fair bit and am happy with its overall balance. The encounters are not ultra difficult... but they do punish any mistakes harshly. Took me almost 15 minuets to complete and I wasnt messing around too much. Im pretty sure an UnMaker is a must for this level... as it will need to be used on the Cyber Trio and Hoard wave... so the MotherDemon wont get shredded by it. Its certainly a more demanding level than Absolution and deserved of being the true final level. Plus the Artefacts and UnMaker are now no longer an 'optional extra' and are needed to complete the game properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96JKM5auIp8

On 8/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, AtomicFrog said:

Completing the game by defeating Absolution will give the player this ending... minus typos

BADEND.png

Cool, but what stops doomguy from going further and killing the mother demon lol?

6 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Cool, but what stops doomguy from going further and killing the mother demon lol?

Reasons lol

I dunno... I mean he's going to run out of ammo sooner or later. Thats one reason. Thats the strange thing about the Dooms... no matter how far DoomGuy ventures into Hell theres always plenty of ammo and weapons lol. 

Heres 'In The Void' Reloaded. Given a heavy ICE theme.
Player can no longer gain the Blue Artefact from this level. As it now needs to be collected from 'Forbidden Deeper'

Reloaded is now completed. And in the bug test phase.
Id decided to make this wad the 25th Anniversary edition of Doom64.
So I have several months to go over it with a fine toothed comb to make it perfect upon release.

Reloaded has been made 'Jump' and 'Mouse Look' friendly.
By which I mean you can not break a map or drastically cheat a map by using these.
The latter was easy to fix as it's only an issue in a couple of places.
Jumping on the other hand had many exploits.
Ive attempted to make jumping as free as possible.... not just make everything you originally couldnt traverse an impassable linedef.
There's even a a jumpable bridge in Shadows Watching! 
The only map where theres an unnatural blocking of jump is in Terror Core. By which I mean it's clearly obvious you should be able to jump off the bridges but are blocked from doing so. Other than that its all feels natural. 
The game can be played with these features off or on... it makes very little difference.
Mouse aim certainly feel better than the auto aim. And Jumping does allow a little more speed and freedom to backtrack.

heres me playing the first couple of levels... until I get crushed... coz I made all crushers instant death... coz thats how crushers should work.

1 hour ago, AtomicFrog said:

Reloaded has been made 'Jump' and 'Mouse Look' friendly.

I never played Doom 64 through with mouse look nor jump! This should be fun and its good knowing I wont accidentally break the game.

Took me a fair while to get this lost soul to consistently perform a charge as soon as the door opens. Its not 100% reliable but good as it will get.