Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

COMPET-N Awards Voting

Adam Hegyi has updated the COMPET-N site with a voting sheet for the 2002 golden cyberdemon awards. Get out there and vote, or if that doesn't interest you, then he has also put up a ton of new demos by the likes of Radek Pecka, Xit Vono, and BahdKo.

i guess people dont like posting comments about compet-n WELL WOOPTY-DOO I GUESS YOU'RE ALL JUST TOO FANCY FOR THIS WEBSITE, I THINK i have to go take a nap now

mewse said:

i guess people dont like posting comments about compet-n

Or maybe everyone immediately downloaded the update and they are still watching the demos.

Hard to pick a favourite from this batch. av17-100.lmp is certainly nice though.

Grazza said:

Or maybe everyone immediately downloaded the update and they are still watching the demos.

This is true.:)

I watched some of the Doom and Doom 2 Alien Vendetta demos, rather good :)
However, I downloaded and was going to sit and watch Radek Pecka's Classic Episode full episode run, but it desynced a few minutes into the first level. Same thing happened with his Class Ep E2M5 demo. Yes, I do have Doom.exe v.1.9. What's up with that?

are you using prboom or the real game (sounds like you said the real game)?
do you have the correct version of Class_ep?
if you are using the real game, try using prboom... if you're using prboom, try the real game. :P

Grazza said:

Hard to pick a favourite from this batch. av17-100.lmp is certainly nice though.

hey, my av17 was beaten? oh well, got it back with :59 now.

Erik said:

hey, my av17 was beaten? oh well, got it back with :59 now.

Well, be sure to make your textfile as interesting as method_man's.

EDIT: Just watched it - nice. Not much swearing in the textfile though :(

DooMBoy said:

Yes, I do have Doom.exe v.1.9. What's up with that?

This is because the WAD on the Archive is an update to the one used on Compet-n. You should be using the one found on Compet-n. I just tried downloading it there, though, and it failed. Try with the one from Opulent's Archive (I believe it's the original version):

http://www.3ddownloads.com/doomworld/sda/wad/b-c/Class_Ep.zip

Yeah, we play the original, hardcore, psychopathically hard class_ep at compet-n. Well, it's psychopathically hard for speedrunning, anyway :)