Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rijam

HACX Widescreen Graphics WADs

this is just awesome, pal!

magnificent work :D

I love HACX and i would love more content for it.

That zooka is marvelous indeed.

How about the cryogun? that one is also widescreen?

Thanks for this. With Hacx 2.0 'on hiatus' and 1.2 being somewhat forgotten, I wasnt sure if Hacx was going to get the widescreen treatment that most other IWADs are getting.

Edited by Devalaous

12 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

this is just awesome, pal!

magnificent work :D

I love HACX and i would love more content for it.

That zooka is marvelous indeed.

How about the cryogun? that one is also widescreen?

Thank you!

The Cryogun is far enough to the left that it isn't cut off in 16:9 aspect ratio. The Stick (Plasma Rifle) also looks fine in 16:9. Everything is cut off in 21:9, though (even my new sprites).

12 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Thanks for this. With Hacx 2.0 'on hiatus' and 1.2 being somewhat forgotten, I wasnt sure if Hacx was gonig to get the widescreen treatment that most other IWADs are getting.

I enjoyed playing through Hacx 1.2. Some of the design choices are a little dated by today's standards, but it is still a fun set of 21 levels. I was sad to see that the latest news for Hacx 2.0 was from 2012.

Hmm, I cant get these working. Neither the widescreen assets or the RL replacement show up ingame. Im running latest GZDoom release with the 1.2 IWAD.

11 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Hmm, I cant get these working. Neither the widescreen assets or the RL replacement show up ingame. Im running latest GZDoom release with the 1.2 IWAD.

10 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Doesn't seem to work for me, either. Wonderful job though!

Uh oh. Do you have any idea what is wrong? I tested both of my wads by launching with a batch file, with GZDoom's autoloading, and by dragging and dropping the wads onto the GZDoom exe and each method worked for me. I have GZDoom v4.5.0 which is the latest and I'm using the v1.2 IWAD. I noticed that the autoloading only works if you put them in [hacx.hacx1.Autoload] and not [hacx.hacx2.Autoload].

On 5/7/2021 at 5:28 AM, Rijam said:

Uh oh. Do you have any idea what is wrong? I tested both of my wads by launching with a batch file, with GZDoom's autoloading, and by dragging and dropping the wads onto the GZDoom exe and each method worked for me. I have GZDoom v4.5.0 which is the latest and I'm using the v1.2 IWAD. I noticed that the autoloading only works if you put them in [hacx.hacx1.Autoload] and not [hacx.hacx2.Autoload].

Seems it was being loaded before the IWAD. Works fine now after tweaking Doom Launcher to load these as external wads, not part of the HACX folder itself.

Now we just need a Hacx Spritefix project, brightmaps, and presumably a soundtrack upgrade pack (would be interested to hear an Arachno soundfont version of it)

EDIT: Also a widescreen statusbar. I personally use Nightfright's fullscreen huds with the split hud for the game, but still!

4 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Seems it was being loaded before the IWAD. Works fine now after tweaking Doom Launcher to load these as external wads, not part of the HACX folder itself.

Now we just need a Hacx Spritefix project, brightmaps, and presumably a soundtrack upgrade pack (would be interested to hear an Arachno soundfont version of it)

EDIT: Also a widescreen statusbar. I personally use Nightfright's fullscreen huds with the split hud for the game, but still!

There is already a video on YouTube of the full soundtrack with the Arachno soundfont:

A widescreen status bar is a good idea and doesn't sound that hard to do!

50 minutes ago, princetontiger said:

Isn't it widescreen already if we use GZDoom?

No, there are black bars on the sides besides the TITLEPIC is 4:3.

unknown.png

unknown.png

As you can see, the status bar and the weapon are not widescreen. This changes with these wads.

3 hours ago, Devalaous said:

The GZDoom developers noticed this, and its convinced them to add Hacx support to 1.2. Wont be in 4.6.0, so your work will still be useful for a long time to come :p

Oh sweet thank you for letting me know. I give Graf Zahl and the rest of the GZDoom team permission to use my widescreen graphics and sprites if they want.

The face in the status bar doesn't even bare any resemblance like the one from the title image, it's like Danny's drunk father.

I have updated the widescreen menu wad with a widescreen status bar (16:9). Let me know if there are any problems of course.

Graphic:
NDjKqpG.png

In game appearance:

zErRLZh.png

I tried these assets in PrBoom+UM and Woof! The STBAR included needed to be converted to Doom format to work, but that should be an easy fix for your upload. Aside from that, I think it should run nicely with most other contemporary ports with widescreen support.

On 7/8/2021 at 12:36 PM, Dwars said:

I tried these assets in PrBoom+UM and Woof! The STBAR included needed to be converted to Doom format to work, but that should be an easy fix for your upload. Aside from that, I think it should run nicely with most other contemporary ports with widescreen support.

Thanks, Dwars. Good to hear that it works with other ports. I fixed the STBAR, thank you for pointing that out.

On 7/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Could you attempt to give the Cryogun, Uzi, Stick, Hoig Reznator & maybe the Kick weapons some similar Widescreen treatments like what the Photon 'Zooka has?

All of the weapons, besides the original Photon 'Zooka, aren't cut off in 16:9; at least for me. (Ok, well, if you don't use the vanilla Doom Status Bar HUD then there is like 1 row of pixels cut off on the reset frame of the Stick at the bottom.)

If you play on 21:9, then the Cryogun, Stick, and even my new Photon 'Zooka sprites are cut off. The Kick, Hoig Reznator, and UZI all look good, though.

Great job! The rocket launcher extension is perfect

Edited by Noiser